Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«258 »
Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Is there any way to put a suppressor on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

I want a M&P 9mm with night sights to drop on one of those sub 400 dollar sales you see with posurp tradeins. I know the .40 is everywhere for 349$ but I really really don't want .40.

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at Dec 12, 2014 around 03:23

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

M1 Garand in 35 Whelen

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

Found on tumblr without any other info.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Dead Reckoning posted:

I am so disappointed I missed out on the SBR-ready kit with a tack-welded stock someone was selling a while back.
Yeah I posted that one in the deals thread. It ended up selling for over its BIN price.

Quickshanks posted:

Is there any way to put a suppressor on it?
Not an easy conventional way, I don't think. The muzzle end is almost completely shrouded.

Javid posted:

Looks like a Dan Wesson

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Javid posted:

This in 41 magnum with a 10" barrel commissioned from EWK and a handstop carved in the foregrip* with an EWK comped barrel nut and set of Wolff springs tuned to the lightest reliable combo.

* or maybe a knockoff of the shark in AK foregrips chopped stubby like Miso was doing.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Carbohydrates posted:

Looks like a Dan Wesson

Certainly is.

I've seen a stock set for a dan wesson once before on ebay, but I'm not sure if the ATF ruling on Thompson Centers cover Dan Wessons for this purpose too.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

If it does apply, make that a 16" barrel with same handguard going all the way to the muzzle. And, while 41 magnum would still be best plus comped nut, I'd take a stock/16" assembly/comp for my 15-2 and giggle my rear end off while shooting. Holy poo poo, a set on a 22 caliber Dan Wesson

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Butch Cassidy posted:

If it does apply, make that a 16" barrel with same handguard going all the way to the muzzle. And, while 41 magnum would still be best plus comped nut, I'd take a stock/16" assembly/comp for my 15-2 and giggle my rear end off while shooting. Holy poo poo, a set on a 22 caliber Dan Wesson

I suppose I could ask EWK to make me a 16" .41 mag barrel and go from there...

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

You would bring it to New Hampshire and let me shoot it, right?

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

Better wear a leather jacket when shooting that thing. Your supporting arm will thank you.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

gently caress that, archearcher' bracer

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

but I'm not sure if the ATF ruling on Thompson Centers cover Dan Wessons for this purpose too.

Pretty sure it doesn't, which is why my dream 460VXR revolver carbine would need to be an SBR.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Pretty sure it doesn't, which is why my dream 460VXR revolver carbine would need to be an SBR.

T/C makes Encore barrels in 500 and 460, if you want to save a few bucks and your fingers.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/inte...latform#barrels

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Mad Dragon posted:

T/C makes Encore barrels in 500 and 460, if you want to save a few bucks and your fingers.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/inte...latform#barrels

I know, but I want a revolver carbine, not just something I can shoot giant bullets out of. I'm less scared for my fingers and more scared for my entire forearm, I've thought about making some sort of thick leather arm covering to be on the safe side.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Right now I want one of these loving Mosins.

One of three Mosin-action guns I would ever want. The others are a bog-standard Remington or New England Westinghouse 1891, or a VZ-54.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Ate those different in any way from a regular Mosin aside from the scope? I so really really would love to own a ww2 sniper rifle but I had a Mosin once for $75 and it felt in every way like a $75 gun to me.

genola
Apr 7, 2011

From the C&R thread:

Cyrano4747 posted:

How can I put this in a way you will understand.

No bullshit, built-as-sniper sniper m91/30 is to "Mosin" as no bullshit, made-for-swiss-military SIG 550 is to fishgills model SIG 556

edit: man, that doesn't quite work. Imagine a drunk hillbilly took a rasp to the crown of the 556 and poured a mix of honey and sand into the FCG.

The fit and finish are off the charts for a Soviet weapon, you won't believe the bolt is a Mosin, and it's actually a pretty loving accurate weapon. Decent 3.5x scope too. Trigger isn't bad either. I'm not saying "not bad for a mosin" I'm saying "not bad, period." I've got stock AR triggers that are worse.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Quickshanks posted:

Ate those different in any way from a regular Mosin aside from the scope? I so really really would love to own a ww2 sniper rifle but I had a Mosin once for $75 and it felt in every way like a $75 gun to me.

Yes and no- they are at the base of it, a Mosin. But, they were produced on a different line to a much higher standard of fit and finish. The action is much smoother, the bolt is easier to manipulate with the turned down handle, and the work is of really good quality, better than any normal Mosin you've probably ever seen. They also have a minimum standard of accuracy to meet in order to have stayed a sniper, so you can be guaranteed it's not minute of barn door like a shot out 91/30.

It's a stupidly good price for a real WW2 sniper rifle, ever looked at the cost of a No4(T) or high turret K98? Not to mention dealing with possible fakes. I'd be really surprised if they didn't spiral over $1000 when the imports dry up.

NickBlasta fucked around with this message at Dec 14, 2014 around 11:16

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=457675374

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=456189012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Tempted to BIN this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=456087956

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=457822576

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Same guy's got a Maxim, too.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah that guy brokers a lot of machine guns on GB.

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

Memento posted:

And cook up mouse fart Trail Boss .38spl loads for it and shoot it all day erry day. It's on the list for me.

This is really old, but to just wanted to say that this is all I do with my 1894 in 357. It is every bit as awesome as it sounds.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ruger Scouts coming with synthetic stocks, awww yisss. Want one with an 18" barrel.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...O+9mm+16RD+*LTD

This CZ-75 Retro. Love the classic design of the CZ-75 pre-B, but drat it's Christmas time and I don't have the spare $500 sitting around right now. Maybe in a month or two.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

igni ferroque

Dead Reckoning posted:

Ruger Scouts coming with synthetic stocks, awww yisss. Want one with an 18" barrel.

gently caress yes. I'm actually glad that the walnut one I bought fell through. Going to buy one of these and cerakote the barrel/action burnt bronze. I have mags in my safe that need a rifle, after all.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=459153950

Badly.

Also, those grips have to go asap

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...O+9mm+16RD+*LTD

This CZ-75 Retro. Love the classic design of the CZ-75 pre-B, but drat it's Christmas time and I don't have the spare $500 sitting around right now. Maybe in a month or two.

Nice. I figured they'd reuse the CZ 75th anniversary casting at some point. It's a good looker!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I'll give you twenty bucks for the grips.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

howling_mad posted:

Nice. I figured they'd reuse the CZ 75th anniversary casting at some point. It's a good looker!

The slide isn't correct for a first model CZ. It needs to be flat all the way back, to the beginning of the shorter slide rails, like this.

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

Yep, they just stuck a 75b slide on top of a retro frame.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

MrTuffPaws posted:

Yep, they just stuck a 75b slide on top of a retro frame.

Lame. I just want a first model without any dumb bullshit. No contrasting safety/slide stop colors, no extra engraving, etc.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

infrared35 posted:

I'll give you twenty bucks for the grips.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-FITZ-...=item259be0deb3

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

Bummey posted:

The slide isn't correct for a first model CZ. It needs to be flat all the way back, to the beginning of the shorter slide rails, like this.

Oh absolutely. The retro looks very similar, and may be the same, as the 75th.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

This is an 18" encore from the bullberry page. Am I dumb for thinking a 16" .45-70 with irons and a lower stock comb would be fun as hell?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurabsal
Oct 13, 2012

ThinkFear posted:

gently caress yes. I'm actually glad that the walnut one I bought fell through. Going to buy one of these and cerakote the barrel/action burnt bronze. I have mags in my safe that need a rifle, after all.

when are they going to make these in a 22 or 24inch or thereabouts? .308 out of a carbine length barrel retards the cartridge. otherwise i love these rifles. Or maybe I just want a savage 99....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4eJEFuZD1M

«258 »