Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Taurus 22PLY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Butch Cassidy posted:

Taurus 22PLY.

I thought Taurus had gotten into the toilet paper game for a second

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Jeremy_X posted:

I thought Taurus had gotten into the toilet paper game for a second

You're completely right. The only good thing to do with one of their guns is a good asswipin'.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

An M&P 340, sans lock, to replace my 637 for pocket carry

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Gimme the 637.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

I want an SCR lower to fit onto a BRN-180 upper so I can have people at the range ask me "What gun is that" and I'm like

uh, it's complicated

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Friar Zucchini posted:

I want an SCR lower to fit onto a BRN-180 upper so I can have people at the range ask me "What gun is that" and I'm like

uh, it's complicated

"It suffers from Firearm Alcohol Syndrome"

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

And such a lobstrosity would actually work cause with the 180 upper there's no need to worry about the bolt carrier weirdness with the SCR.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Friar Zucchini posted:

uh, it's complicated

And I thought I was strange for wanting to mate a BRN180 to a folding stock lower.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

"It suffers from Firearm Alcohol Syndrome"

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

igni ferroque

A.o.D. posted:

And I thought I was strange for wanting to mate a BRN180 to a folding stock lower.

Custom side folding stock for the scr, go all in.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Colt Pony Pocketlite because it was a God damned DAO micro 1911 sans grip safety chambered in 380 ACP:

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

I'm out of my mind
Immortal Corrupter
Malignance defined
Chew the womb,
seal the tomb,
leave the dead behind
Immortal Corrupter
Dagger of the mind

CZ Shadow 2. I do not shoot competitively. The last 9mm I shot was a P226 two years ago, and a ton of M9 shooting before that.

But I am going to save money to buy this gun.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

You don't need a practical reason to own a cool gun.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

seems like a perfect excuse to start shooting competitively to me!

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Decided I'm going to fill out my Vepr family in russian calibers before they get too hard to source.

Vepr 12 is ordered and on the way to my FFL, and Vepr 74 is already owned:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

DustyNuts posted:

CZ Shadow 2. I do not shoot competitively. The last 9mm I shot was a P226 two years ago, and a ton of M9 shooting before that.

Do it, I love mine

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Since chopping my jägerstutzen, I have remembered another front-stuffer. There's been a water damaged fifty caliber C.V.A. caplock in the project pile for years. The muzzle is ruined and I've kept threatening to find some use for the thing. Going to cut it back to the handguard when I get home. Then clean it up. And then solder on a new front sight. Probably a sheet brass blade. Will be a blanket gun in the actual tradition of repair-by-amputation.

What I want right now is for my shift to end so I can get to it.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I want a Walther MPL or MPK

Always thought they looked neat since seeing them in a few movies.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Butch Cassidy posted:

Since chopping my jägerstutzen, I have remembered another front-stuffer. There's been a water damaged fifty caliber C.V.A. caplock in the project pile for years. The muzzle is ruined and I've kept threatening to find some use for the thing. Going to cut it back to the handguard when I get home. Then clean it up. And then solder on a new front sight. Probably a sheet brass blade. Will be a blanket gun in the actual tradition of repair-by-amputation.

What I want right now is for my shift to end so I can get to it.
Iíve got my great-grandfathers .22lr rifle that my dad passed down to me. He replaced the front sight blade with the leaf from a tiny brass hinge he filed down. Works great and has stood up for 60+ years at this point. Tried to post a pic of it, but Imgurís being poo poo today.

Dammit, I want a Volquartsen Summit rifle, like, now.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

ZebraBlade posted:

I want a Walther MPL or MPK

Always thought they looked neat since seeing them in a few movies.

I just read an old article in American Rifleman about U.S. Special Forces in West Berlin during the Cold War. They used German weapons for deniability, and the MPK was their weapon of choice as far as shoulder-fired weapons went.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

infrared35 posted:

I just read an old article in American Rifleman about U.S. Special Forces in West Berlin during the Cold War. They used German weapons for deniability, and the MPK was their weapon of choice as far as shoulder-fired weapons went.
That was a good piece. I think they had some Stens too.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Holy poo poo this rolling block

https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad....nkode=144737901

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Allan's Armory was getting these in on a fairly regular basis but no new stock recently.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ThinkFear posted:

Custom side folding stock for the scr, go all in.

The correct answer is, "MAS 36 folding magnesium Para stock."

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

The correct answer is, "MAS 36 folding magnesium Para stock."

Use with a bayonet as a big fire starter!

Deathy McDeath
Apr 28, 2002

I sexually identify as a fat tinder girl,

Yeah lemme just clean my pannus first.

These candles smell amazing btw

DustyNuts posted:

Do it. The Shadow 2 is great.

Then start shootting competitively. Or don't!

Duccy
Mar 2, 2013

*me and my boyfriend when we first started dating*

him: so you were married twice before?

me: yes

him: any kids?

me: no they were both adults

Iím on this kind of weird kick right now and Iím looking for an inexpensive O/U shotgun thats inexpensive so I can *really* see if its what I want to invest in down the line. Like a nice Browning or something.

There is a Savage/Stevens 555 Deluxe on sale brand new for $510 that Iím going to pick up in the morning unless someone says otherwise. Need to scratch this itch immediately!

Buying a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon in the AM. On sale and it looks to be a fine shotgun that I have been clamoring over the past week. Canít wait!

Duccy fucked around with this message at Apr 13, 2019 around 07:56

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Berettas kick rear end and you done good.

I want this pissah 33 1/3 and the blu-ray from which it came but am a month out from ordering either

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DTKRB...i_Y2DSCbVDWWDCR

https://youtu.be/PAYvG2tvYos

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah the 686s are great guns, my best friend has one, I love shooting it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Use with a bayonet as a big fire starter!
I wonder if they made any commemorative special models for the 1955 Le Mans

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I would sell whatever other guns I had to if I could score a Musgrave 9mm pistol with an original gunstore bundled safe:

https://youtu.be/oneDlsRqBeE

And, yes, I'd mount it to a steel post quikreted into the basement floor. Then I'd buy one of Hi-Point's security packs to compare a modern if lesser thumb bite to the state equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Nap Ghost

Duccy posted:

Iím on this kind of weird kick right now and Iím looking for an inexpensive O/U shotgun thats inexpensive so I can *really* see if its what I want to invest in down the line. Like a nice Browning or something.

There is a Savage/Stevens 555 Deluxe on sale brand new for $510 that Iím going to pick up in the morning unless someone says otherwise. Need to scratch this itch immediately!

Buying a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon in the AM. On sale and it looks to be a fine shotgun that I have been clamoring over the past week. Canít wait!

686s are great guns, the only thing is pick out one with decent wood. Beretta thinks that tossing a pretty bird on a gun makes up for mediocre wood. Also if your going to just be using it for clays get a sporting model. I used a field one for a bit and it does beat you up pretty quick if your shooting two rounds of skeet. And if your going to be hunting with it get the field model, the sporting one weighs more and sucks to lug around for half a day.

«257 »