Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«261 »
infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

It's a S&W PPC gun. Definitely a custom job, but there are a fair number of similar guns out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

I'd just like a 10/22 Takedown, but I'm a simple guy.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

This loving gun.

I don't know what it is. I don't know where to get it. I don't know what it would cost.

I know that I want it.

It's got Nill Grips

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Doom Rooster posted:

This loving gun.

I don't know what it is. I don't know where to get it. I don't know what it would cost.

I know that I want it.

As the guy who posted it originally on SA I can tell you that it is an S&W worked up by Ralf Merkle in Germany, according to the owner. I got the image from S&W Forums, when looking for PPC guns pics in November of 2010, and posted it here sometime last year. It's a gorgeous gun but I suspect the guy paid borderline-Korth prices to have it done.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Correct opinion.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Doom Rooster posted:

This loving gun.

I know that I want it.

I just want that cylinder release. That thing looks baller as hell. For all my S&W love, their cylinder release isn't quite as easy to use as Ruger's (not that either are difficult to operate).

Having spent an afternoon with my Redhawk, I... no long want a 44 mag Blackhawk. As much as my Redhawk likes to try and roll up, I would hate how much a 44 mag Blackhawk would roll. I think it was bunnielab that said something like that while the rolling up is beneficial for heavier loads, the 44 mag Blackhawk is a gun that'll end up pointing straight up, which is something kinda scary.

That being said, I really want a 357 Blackhawk right now.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

QuarkMartial posted:

I just want that cylinder release. That thing looks baller as hell. For all my S&W love, their cylinder release isn't quite as easy to use as Ruger's (not that either are difficult to operate).

It can be yours for about sixty bucks.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Korth releases are way cooler.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Gtab posted:

Korth releases are way cooler.

Yeah, but a Korth release would cost you $600 instead of $60.

I got to molest a Korth, it was quite the gun, but honestly, it was only on par with my 50's Smith & Wessons.

Not really worth the money.

Not that I wouldn't snap one up in an instant if I saw it for less then a grand.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Mid-'50s K-22

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I saw this on CZ's Euro website.

If you check out their engraving PDF, there are better pics of this rifle on page 31.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Yeah, but a Korth release would cost you $600 instead of $60.

I got to molest a Korth, it was quite the gun, but honestly, it was only on par with my 50's Smith & Wessons.

Not really worth the money.

Not that I wouldn't snap one up in an instant if I saw it for less then a grand.

Saw one sell awhile back for $5200 on GB.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

infrared35 posted:

It can be yours for about sixty bucks.

I'll bookmark that for later. Doubt I'd ever have a gun to put it on, though. My current Smiths are nice enough without it. Might be neat to have on the 64 I'm planning to buy.

And right now, I wouldn't mind having a GP100 or Security Six. Ruger's 357s are neat little guns and I wouldn't mind having a 357 counterpart to my Redhawk, though in their price range I'm still holding out for a po-surp S&W.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

DA/SA with a non-decock safety just isn't the same, I'll probably go variant 7 if I ever get a USPc. Is that the same thing as the LEM, or is that not on your chart?

Mad Dragon posted:

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Mad Dragon posted:

I saw this on CZ's Euro website.

If you check out their engraving PDF, there are better pics of this rifle on page 31.

indeed

I would never hunt with it.

It would of course be chambered in 6.5x55

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Filthy Hans posted:

DA/SA with a non-decock safety just isn't the same, I'll probably go variant 7 if I ever get a USPc. Is that the same thing as the LEM, or is that not on your chart?

LEM's not on that chart, but it's the same external configuration as Variant 7. LEM has a much better (although more complicated) trigger mechanism. DAO is a long, heavy trigger pull every time. LEM is like a DA/SA trigger where the initial DA pull is only half a pound instead of 12 or 15... until you get to the point in the pull where it'd be a single action break, at which point it effectively becomes a single action trigger.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

I keeps one in the chamber,
in case you pondering

Really wanting a lever action in .45-70 at the moment.

DeathByDoubleDip
Feb 9, 2009

A S&W 586 with a 4" barrel. Close 2nd and 3rd would be a CZ-75B/SA and an 85 Combat.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

Donate money to feed poor goons.

https://www.gofundme.com/buy-poor-goons-foods

Really want a 28-2 Highway Patrolman right now.

uuuuunnnngngng

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

A S&W 586 with a 4" barrel.

How you doin?

I am also sort of considering a 6" though

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Q: What gun do you want this instant?

A: The subject of any Sixgun Strumpet box thread tt

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

goddamn

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

infrared35 posted:

LEM's not on that chart, but it's the same external configuration as Variant 7. LEM has a much better (although more complicated) trigger mechanism. DAO is a long, heavy trigger pull every time. LEM is like a DA/SA trigger where the initial DA pull is only half a pound instead of 12 or 15... until you get to the point in the pull where it'd be a single action break, at which point it effectively becomes a single action trigger.

V9/V10 with an ambi lever removes one of the big problems that USPs have, namely accidentally decocking the firearm when stress mashing the safety down. The decock really should have been made separate.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

I'm capricious, and my interests have already turned from Germany to Italy. Now what I want is a Beretta 92D with a Brigadier slide, if this even exists. I also want one of the older Italian silver-anodized frames for it, back from when the controls were all silver instead of black and they didn't come with those poo poo-awful rubber grip slabs. Maybe some M9 grips to round out the package, unless there's a slimmer option, and I'd want a blacked-out front sight and a two-dot tritium adjustable rear sight on the back.

If someone would please make this gun for me I could probably sell my guitar to raise $400 or so, which should be more than sufficient for the parts and labor. Anxiously awaiting your offers, first come first bought.

operation_paperclip
Aug 26, 2010

Ruger Blackhawk in .357 magnum, with a spare cylinder in 9mm.

DeathByDoubleDip
Feb 9, 2009

opengl128 posted:

How you doin?

I am also sort of considering a 6" though

Great.

You would get somewhat more sight radius on the 6", of course. The only reason I want the 4" is because I think it'd be cool to have a service-length .357 to tuck away in a holster for classes and whatnot. Not sure if it's mostly me failing to acknowledge that I'd mainly be using it as a range toy, but who knows.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Filthy Hans posted:

I'd want a blacked-out front sight and a two-dot tritium adjustable rear sight on the back.

I know we aren't supposed to poo poo on people's dream guns here but this combination is blowing my mind. It's the complete opposite of everything about pistol sights that works for me. Can I ask why you like this setup?

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool

I've been looking at different small single stack 9mm guns for a new everyday carry lately and found out about the Boberg XR9-S today. http://www.bobergarms.com/

Holy hell, this gun is ugly as sin but I think they way it loads from the magazine really innovative. Here's what the mag looks like. At first I thought it was someone doing an HK picture, but nope, the slide pulls the round out of the back of the magazine and then pushes it into the chamber.

Also, here's a nifty slide show of how it loads. https://docs.google.com/present/vie...cng&hl=en&pli=1

It's goofy and weird and I love it, however for $995 MSRP I'm not going to be picking one up unless I win the lottery or something.

Hooray Dialysis fucked around with this message at Apr 21, 2012 around 00:30

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Label Facing Right posted:

I've been looking at different small single stack 9mm guns for a new everyday carry lately and found out about the Boberg XR9-S today. http://www.bobergarms.com/

Holy hell, this gun is ugly as sin but I think they way it loads from the magazine really innovative. Here's what the mag looks like. At first I thought it was someone doing an HK picture, but nope, the slide pulls the round out of the back of the magazine and then pushes it into the chamber.

Also, here's a nifty slide show of how it loads. https://docs.google.com/present/vie...cng&hl=en&pli=1

It's goofy and weird and I love it, however for $995 MSRP I'm not going to be picking one up unless I win the lottery or something.

Buy one and let me shoot it.

I don't want to own one, just shoot one. Bad.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

I really want to shoot one, but I remember reading somewhere about how much of a nutjob Boberg is, plus the fact that he started taking orders (and money) for those loving aaaages ago.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Oh, yeah, I want this. Saw it at the local Cabelas.

I thought it was a mosin at first, but I looked at it closer.

It's in .45-70, and it loads from the rear of the receiver, with a tube that goes into the butt of the gun.

See that little brass tube in there? That depresses, and you can load rounds into it

Deep into the butt of the gun.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

I keeps one in the chamber,
in case you pondering

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Framptonlive posted:

Every time I think I don't need a G26, I get to looking at one and instantly want it again. I can conceal a G17 just fine, but I still want a 26.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Framptonlive posted:

Held one of these at work. Pretty loving comfy and the sites line up nice.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

I just happened across this picture:

This is the most goddamned beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

Donate money to feed poor goons.

https://www.gofundme.com/buy-poor-goons-foods

This.

Gunna buy it.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Quickshanks posted:

I just happened across this picture:

This is the most goddamned beautiful thing I've ever seen.

That is extremely pretty.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I had an old timer tell me that on 44s with short barrels (and snubs) that there isn't much of a muzzle flip. Instead, it just pushes back more. Any creedence to that?

I think if I got a S&W in 44 mag, it'd be one like the above. Gorgeous gun.
Course I'm still kicking myself over not being able to get the one I saw in a pawnshop long ago. It was a 4 or 6 inch model with amazing bluing at right around 450-500 dollars.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

DrakeriderCa posted:

I know we aren't supposed to poo poo on people's dream guns here but this combination is blowing my mind. It's the complete opposite of everything about pistol sights that works for me. Can I ask why you like this setup?

My eyes have trouble with dots on the front sights of a combat setup. I usually end up shooting high or low because those drat dots make it harder to line up the top of the front post with the rear targets. I figure that maybe I'd shoot better with the front sight blacked out, and having a tritium rear (rear dots don't bother me much) would at still give me the dubious value of night sights on the pistol. Also, I heard that some people think a 2-lamp setup is really good, but this could just be bunk.

Don't think you're making GBS threads on my ideas, I'm always open to criticism from people who have more experience with firearms than I do, which basically amounts to a dozen or so trips to a firing range and ownership of a stock 10/22. I just thought it seemed kind of a cool idea, but probably I'm better off just practicing to aim well despite the distraction of a front post dot or lamp.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Ive never, ever heard someone I trust or an instructor I'm learning from say a rears-only night sight setup is a good idea. I've definitely heard (and used) front-only.

By two-lamp could they mean the straight-8 or "i-dot" setups? This would still have a front lamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

KEEP THE FORUMS AND LOWTAX ON LIFE SUPPORT https://www.patreon.com/
GamingGarbage

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Oh, yeah, I want this. Saw it at the local Cabelas.

Ok, you've got me interested. What the hell is this?

«261 »