Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«260 »
Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

A longslide PPQ in 9mm.

Appendix holster finally showed up for the standard version and I like it even more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Kennebago posted:

A longslide PPQ in 9mm.

Appendix holster finally showed up for the standard version and I like it even more now.

Amen, this is probably going to be my Christmas present to myself this year. Just need to buy everyone else's presents first.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Kennebago posted:

A longslide PPQ in 9mm.

Best looking Walther since the P88.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Beardless posted:

I want the Savage 99 that I put on layaway to be mine now, dammit.

There better be a box thread

Also, if it is a 300 Savage and you decide to handload, I can toss you a handful of brass scrounged from Detective Thompson a couple years back.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Butch Cassidy posted:

There better be a box thread

Also, if it is a 300 Savage and you decide to handload, I can toss you a handful of brass scrounged from Detective Thompson a couple years back.

There will be. And the shop had one in .300 Savage, but I decided to go with .308, since that's not exactly hard ammo to find. I probably will start rolling my own though.

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

Ah man, if you would have gone for the .300 Savage 99, we could have been bros.

AceMcSquelch
Feb 16, 2009

MrTuffPaws posted:

Ah man, if you would have gone for the .300 Savage 99, we could have been bros.

My grandpa has hunted with a 99 in 300 savage since the 60s. He can never find ammo, so I picked some up at the Gander Mountain in Waukesha. Respect yo elders, son.

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

Beardless posted:

There will be. And the shop had one in .300 Savage, but I decided to go with .308, since that's not exactly hard ammo to find. I probably will start rolling my own though.

Model 99's are the poo poo, mine's chambered in .308, it was my Dad's.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

There's a Savage 99 in .308 with a stock two inches shorter than normal floating around in my family that's been nicknamed The Beast. It's a good rifle. I got my first buck with it.

I also hate it with a loving passion because somehow it manages to kick harder than 7mm Rem Mag, or dad's .411 KDF from his guiding days. Goddamn thing gave me a bruise every time I fired it(I was 12, loving thing gave me a flinch it took five years to get over)

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

The ones in .300 Savage are pretty much the same. Pull trigger, get kicked in the shoulder. Combination of light as hell gun, stout cartridge, and late 1800's ergos I guess.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Bolt-action savage in 30-30 and selection of comedy bullets.

And whatever that old straight-pull shotgun was that looked like an auto for kid's first repeater.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Bolt-action savage in 30-30 and selection of comedy bullets.

And whatever that old straight-pull shotgun was that looked like an auto for kid's first repeater.

A Sjorgen?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=454445451

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I do want one of those, but the one I am thinking of was a straight-pull bolt-action that looked like genericautoloader.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=452822849

If I wasn't trying to fund something else this would be mine.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=452822849

If I wasn't trying to fund something else this would be mine.

Pretty sure that's a replacement barrel, it isn't serialed, plus there's quite a gap between the frame and underlug. Not that it matters, it's still an awesome gun.

Rupert_Yeats
Jun 7, 2011

Butch Cassidy posted:

I do want one of those, but the one I am thinking of was a straight-pull bolt-action that looked like genericautoloader.

Stevens 124. Be warned, they are incredibly lovely. The handle is a cross bolt locking lug which has to be pulled out to cycle the action. One that I owned, and a couple that I've seen were peened to the point where you had to beat the handle out with a punch, screwdriver, or rock. Also the bolt release can act as a second trigger. Makes the Winchester 1911 look like a good idea.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Pretty sure that's a replacement barrel, it isn't serialed, plus there's quite a gap between the frame and underlug. Not that it matters, it's still an awesome gun.

More than that, the barrel appears to have been shortened from six inches, based on the location of the SMITH & WESSON markings.

edit: Oh, he says so in the description. Derp.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCi-Pk_-dw

I want this so badly you have no idea. A semi auto/bolt action 22 is insanely cool to me.

And look at that teeny tiny magazine!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Bummey posted:

I want this so badly you have no idea. A semi auto/bolt action 22 is insanely cool to me. And look at that teeny tiny magazine!

I want a modern version of this that I wouldn't feel bad chopping down and making a suppressor host out of it because that would be MGS3 as gently caress

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Beretta made a couple different bolt-action optional semi-auto 22 rifles for a while back in my grandfather's day. Thanks for reminding me how much I want one, Bummey.

E: Bummer about the Stevens 124. They look hilarious and adorable.

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at Nov 23, 2014 around 19:01

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Bummey posted:

I want this so badly you have no idea. A semi auto/bolt action 22 is insanely cool to me.

whelp if I ever get into the .22 lr business I know what I'm making

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Bummey posted:

And look at that teeny tiny magazine!

I have a super cool old Walther Model 2 that does exactly this, but it had a badly split stock when I bought it, and I sent it to Dad's for him to fix. His cleaning lady promptly moved the bag o' parts with the screws, trigger guard, magazine and assorted other little bits, and the goddamn thing has never been seen again. It was a really neat action, and I have been keeping the Oddities thread afloat for a year hoping to find that bag of gun parts.

There's a Modell 1 and the Modell 2, both have the same action.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Could you theoretically do that to any semiauto .22lr? I'm picturing a bolt attachment and stock replacement for a 10/22 that does this. Am I an idiot or could this be done without damaging the action during firing?

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

dakana posted:

Could you theoretically do that to any semiauto .22lr? I'm picturing a bolt attachment and stock replacement for a 10/22 that does this. Am I an idiot or could this be done without damaging the action during firing?

yes. hold the bolt forward on any semi while firing and congrats, you've created a bolt action rifle

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Finally got to see and handle a HK 770

I want it

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

S&W CS45 and a 4566 to match. Also, as always, a 3913 Ladysmith.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Butch Cassidy posted:

S&W CS45 and a 4566 to match. Also, as always, a 3913 Ladysmith.

I agree with all of those things. There are a few 4566TSWs on GB right now from the same seller, I was drooling over them earlier and seriously considering buying one until I realized they were DAO. If it were DA/SA or SAO I'd have been all over that poo poo.

But right now, if money were no object, I want this pair of experimental, pre-production Coonan .357s: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=454888403

Talk about your slabs.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

I'm interested in ordering a Korth PRS in this plasma blue PVD finish except in a 6" barrel model with the barrel weight on the end. If I have a a choice in grips, I'll go with a wood burl.
This finish

With this barrel length and barrel weight

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=455497523

Unf.

I would love to own that, but that's going to go for a fuckton of money most like.

I love what they did with the front sight, with that sort of half moon thing going on, but with the little step in it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

KEEP THE FORUMS AND LOWTAX ON LIFE SUPPORT https://www.patreon.com/
GamingGarbage

I just remembered that the brits experimented with M1 Garands chambered in .280 British after the war and goddamnit now I'm sad all over again that the US managed to shove 7.62x51 down everyone's throats. A true intermediate cartridge in a Garand, FAL, M14, G3. . . god that would have been amazing.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

.276 Pedersen was the cartridge we deserved... but not the one we needed right then.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GamingGarbage

Sperglord Actual posted:

.276 Pedersen was the cartridge we deserved... but not the one we needed right then.

Some day I'm going to get a junker Garand rebuilt with a .276 Pedersen barrel

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Why not just compromise with 7mm-08 and consider it .276 Pedersen Magnum?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GamingGarbage

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Why not just compromise with 7mm-08 and consider it .276 Pedersen Magnum?

Because then it wouldn't be .276. The idea isn't to just get a flat shooting Garand, it's to build an interesting "what if" and see how the SOB actually would have shot.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

I want summit to get another batch of $450 mini-14s. Missed the last sale by minutes

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Pristine Shits posted:

I want summit to get another batch of $450 mini-14s. Missed the last sale by minutes

I can check my local gunshop for you, I think they had a few at around that price last time I was in.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Pristine Shits posted:

The last PA oaks gun show i went to had police surp. mini-14's with a black composite stock for 450-500ish I'm still kicking my self for not buying one.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I have a junker Garand...

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDet...782987#topoflot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Revolver sights always look weird to me. The front blades look way too high for the low rear sights.

«260 »