Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Was browsing through AIM and saw this and goddamn...
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...ifles&groupid=6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

How do VEPRs stack up to Valmets?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Action-Bastard posted:

Was browsing through AIM and saw this and goddamn...
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...ifles&groupid=6

I was just at a gun show where they were selling these for $100-150 less than that website

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid again and I it reminded me that I need to have a FAMAS. I need one right now. Century should get that loving MAS .223 back on the market.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Gtab posted:

Actually I think some of our less posty lurkers do, and I can't recall who but someone in IRC did or does own something Detonics-made.

I have a buddy who carried a Detonics that had lots of work done on his. It was an ugly bastard and not terribly reliable...he upgraded to a glock 30

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

Inaccurate, inconvenient, and basically just silly any way you cut it but ak pistols give me the biggest firearm boner ever. I haven't had an ak in probably 5 years but am absolutely obsessed with them, I even have a tattoo with an ak in it. I regret selling mine every day but the bills needed paying. I think one reason I want the pistol ak so bad is because I want to practice practice and practice with it so when people tell me how lovely they are I can hit them with the biggest that i can muster. I don't plan on battling zombies, home invaders, or invading russian troops so I could give a poo poo about utility I am strictly a target shooting hobbyist so why the gently caress not get a ridiculous and fun gun?

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Not a gun, but a destructive device. I want an M3 Carl Gustav.

Don't know where I'd fire it, though.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

This owns. I want it right now.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Bummey posted:

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid again and I it reminded me that I need to have a FAMAS. I need one right now. Century should get that loving MAS .223 back on the market.

The only things that are good to come from France:

Democracy
Menage a trois
FAMAS

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

MAS 36, VSOP & XO cognac, pain au chocolat, croques monsieur.

I want this right now:

Which reminds me that I really, really want a Remington-Keen carbine:

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2012 around 03:33

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Inaccurate, inconvenient, and basically just silly any way you cut it but ak pistols give me the biggest firearm boner ever. I haven't had an ak in probably 5 years but am absolutely obsessed with them, I even have a tattoo with an ak in it. I regret selling mine every day but the bills needed paying. I think one reason I want the pistol ak so bad is because I want to practice practice and practice with it so when people tell me how lovely they are I can hit them with the biggest that i can muster. I don't plan on battling zombies, home invaders, or invading russian troops so I could give a poo poo about utility I am strictly a target shooting hobbyist so why the gently caress not get a ridiculous and fun gun?

Yes. This is the AK pattern rifle that I want. Apparently there are some smiths/dealers in MD that bring these in, pin and weld a muzzle device and put a stock on them, then sell them to you to get around the dumb assault pistol legislation. Then when your Form 1 clears, included in your purchase price is the cost to remove the muzzle device and engrave it. Then you go hog wild with a sweet new Draco SBR.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Now I want a krink-style VZ 58 shorty. That would be rad as hell.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Bummey posted:

Now I want a krink-style VZ 58 shorty. That would be rad as hell.

Yeah I'm gonna need a photoshop of this. For science.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Don't need no photoshops!
7.62x39, 7.5"

5.56x45, 7.5"

Also in 11.8", don't need to dick around with a smaller piston

For Mishaco: pics of the CSA vz.58 sporters with the folding stock and short barrels (7.5" and 11.8") in .223/5.56 and 7.62x39

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

big_dilli posted:

This owns. I want it right now.

I saw one, wanted it, picked it up, tried the trigger, no longer wanted it.

The Springfield longslide I handled was a new gun but in my opinion it really needed some work done to it before I would consider buying it.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

priznat posted:

7.62x39, 7.5"

5.56x45, 7.5"

Oh god imagine if you put the grip from a Skorpion on those!

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

A Colt Series 70 1911. Picked one up at a gun show today and I loved it. It was stainless though, or I would have bought it on the spot.

Still looking for one though, sigh...

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I forgot to include one in my post.

Snake, you have to save Meryl!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

priznat posted:

7.62x39, 7.5"

AWWWW YEAH. That's what I need.

Some of the Canadians report nasty cycling issues with them, though.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2012 around 05:44

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh I want one of these too:

FAMAE SG542, Chilean made version of the sg542, the 7.62x51 version of the sig540. These are also getting imported here this year!

Or, even better, the Sig 751:

x51 version of the 550

priznat fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2012 around 05:44

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Canada: Sure, you can have $399-499 M14s. Sure, Chilean knockoff .308 SIGs are A-OK. BUT NO FALS SO HELP ME GOD

Canada: Sure, FAMAE go nuts. Brugger and Thomet? All you can handle. MP5-pattern? gently caress YOURSELF, TERRORIST.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Don't forget, no MP5/HK94 but USC a-ok!

That's like a sick from the RCMP right there.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

They're punishing us with that one, that's for sure.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Radiohead71 posted:

Not a gun, but a destructive device. I want an M3 Carl Gustav.

Don't know where I'd fire it, though.

Anywhere you want

priznat posted:

5.56x45, 7.5"

I never cared much for the look of the VZ58 but I'll take a dozen of these.

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

Still might

real talk: how do they compare to a gen4 17? I know the slide is longer and the trigger is lighter

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

I sigh lovingly every time I see this one at the gun shop

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

"Wouldn't want to see an angry turtle with a gun, would ya? "

Well...

Yellowjacket posted:

You should.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I wish I had bought one of those when I had the chance

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

I like turtles posted:

You should.

Who knows, maybe it will sit on the shelf long enough for me to actually come up with enough scratch to get it.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

moker posted:

Still might

real talk: how do they compare to a gen4 17? I know the slide is longer and the trigger is lighter

I prefer them to the gen4 17. I like the longer sight radius, lighter trigger, adjustable sights, and slightly extended slide stop. They are not a carry pistol. They're very long. I don't shoot IPSC but I believe they move you into a different class. That being said it is the only Glock I want.

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

mikerock posted:

I prefer them to the gen4 17. I like the longer sight radius, lighter trigger, adjustable sights, and slightly extended slide stop. They are not a carry pistol. They're very long. I don't shoot IPSC but I believe they move you into a different class. That being said it is the only Glock I want.

They seem amazing for the price, I don't shoot competitively either but are basically a glock with every awesome thing I want(lighter trigger, better sights)

I don't carry and possibly dont ever expect to because I don't see the point but thats an entirely different spergfest ;D

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Right this instant,

I want this:

Because I went back and read this.

I don't own a 1911 of any kind, and have a huge desire to build a USGI .45.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Lipstick Apathy

I want this:

Because I'm watching this:

Yes, I'm watching Kingdom of the Crystal skill on tv.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I was all excited to shoot a G34 because it was going to be a test-drive before buying one but I really didn't enjoy it that much. It was probably just not being used to a polymer frame kind of thing, felt very light.

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

priznat posted:

I was all excited to shoot a G34 because it was going to be a test-drive before buying one but I really didn't enjoy it that much. It was probably just not being used to a polymer frame kind of thing, felt very light.

Are you also a g17/19 owner? I'm personally a glock fan so that might be our difference.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

moker posted:

Are you also a g17/19 owner? I'm personally a glock fan so that might be our difference.

Yeah that'd be the difference, I only have metal framed handguns so glocks still feel weird and scary to me.

Purely personal preference and I could probably get into them given some more range time.

genderstomper58
Jan 9, 2005

by XyloJW

priznat posted:

Yeah that'd be the difference, I only have metal framed handguns so glocks still feel weird and scary to me.

Purely personal preference and I could probably get into them given some more range time.

I own a sig 226 and a kimber 1911 but nothing feels as great as a glock we're eternal enemies

I'll prolly wait for a gun show to handle one and then buy it on impulse

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Yellowjacket posted:

I like how it has a plan of action on the barrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

moker posted:

I own a sig 226 and a kimber 1911 but nothing feels as great as a glock we're eternal enemies

I'll prolly wait for a gun show to handle one and then buy it on impulse

If you are already a Glock guy then you have no excuse. Get the 34, they are fantastic.

«257 »