Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

infrared35 posted:

Which reminds me, why does nobody in TFR own anything by Detonics?

I would love one of these but they command too steep a price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Yes. This is the AK pattern rifle that I want. Apparently there are some smiths/dealers in MD that bring these in, pin and weld a muzzle device and put a stock on them, then sell them to you to get around the dumb assault pistol legislation. Then when your Form 1 clears, included in your purchase price is the cost to remove the muzzle device and engrave it. Then you go hog wild with a sweet new Draco SBR.

I have met the guy who did this, I believe he is not doing any more runs. He owned/worded at Scott's Gunsmithing. There was some dude selling on for like $900 a month or so ago.

EDIT: Never-mind, the chump wants $1500 for it. He also didnt post a pictures which makes me cranky.

EDIT AGAIN: Found the thread.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2012 around 15:31

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

bunnielab posted:

I would love one of these but they command too steep a price.

Make your own! Get a regular Combat Master frame and a Score Master slide.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I saw one, wanted it, picked it up, tried the trigger, no longer wanted it.

The Springfield longslide I handled was a new gun but in my opinion it really needed some work done to it before I would consider buying it.

Too late. There was a gun show this weekend (It's Houston, there's a gun show every weekend) so I went out there. Saw two of them, one for $1099 and another for $975. I bought the $975 one and am stoked.

This thread is bad news for my bank account.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

I want this.

Right. Now.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

I'd love to find a Praga 50-2 right about now.

But really I'm still inching closer to convincing myself to get that Pardini GT-9 I mentioned several pages ago...

SAO Italian 9mm racegun with a Luger grip angle that nobody's heard of? Yes please.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I want this.

Right. Now.

Do what I did: buy one!

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I want this.

Right. Now.

Buy one, or come shoot mine!

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

opengl128 posted:

Buy one, or come shoot mine!

I really should handle one and shoot one before I buy.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I really should handle one and shoot one before I buy.

I forget where you are exactly in PA, but if you ever want to come out to Classic Pistol you're more than welcome.

cyberpunksurvivor
Dec 29, 2011

I am opposed to homosexuality for political reasons

Colt Government

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

LifeSizePotato posted:

But really I'm still inching closer to convincing myself to get that Pardini GT-9 I mentioned several pages ago...

SAO Italian 9mm racegun with a Luger grip angle that nobody's heard of? Yes please.
Both of these are glorious and also how the gently caress does that first one even work

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

opengl128 posted:

I forget where you are exactly in PA, but if you ever want to come out to Classic Pistol you're more than welcome.

Nevermind, I want this now!

(I live down in Wilmington, DE, so Feasterville is over an hour away. I'd still like to come out sometime, though; thanks for the open offer )

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

rossmum posted:

Both of these are glorious and also how the gently caress does that first one even work

Heh, GIS pointed me at this forum, photos thread: here're a few bigger photos.

I...think..that dent in the slide is for pulling it back with just the trigger finger, but it doesn't seem like it'd pull far enough to chamber a round. Maybe it's just enough to cock the gun and release that folding trigger? no idea.

gun I want right this minute:

Normally I don't care about ARs but I like this one. 9mm is good. Retro look is good. Needs A1 stock and pistol grip, then it'll be perfect.

Closeup of the other side:

gunbroker auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=276467963 Only eighteen thousand gently caress me sideways

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

LifeSizePotato posted:

I feel like we could be pals

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

I want this:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Just got another desire:

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

His Divine Shadow posted:

Just got another desire:

Correct opinion.

Here have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-f656NUWVQ

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

S&W 1006 (10mm)

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Remington Model 12C slide-action .22 with a flip-up Lyman peep sight Goddamn awesome.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

That thing owns.

This instant I actually want something pretty simple.

FIREBALLS!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

Heh, GIS pointed me at this forum, photos thread: here're a few bigger photos.

I...think..that dent in the slide is for pulling it back with just the trigger finger, but it doesn't seem like it'd pull far enough to chamber a round. Maybe it's just enough to cock the gun and release that folding trigger? no idea.

gun I want right this minute:

Normally I don't care about ARs but I like this one. 9mm is good. Retro look is good. Needs A1 stock and pistol grip, then it'll be perfect.

Closeup of the other side:

gunbroker auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=276467963 Only eighteen thousand gently caress me sideways

SBR 9mm ARs are making my pants feel funny recently and I don't know why.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Remington Model 12C slide-action .22 with a flip-up Lyman peep sight Goddamn awesome.

Holy crap! I never know what those screws in the screw holes were for doing a lyman.

Mine was made in 1912. My father swears he shot close to 1 million rounds through it in his life. It is still easily one of the most accurate 22LR's even to this day I have ever fired.

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***

Daewoo "Contractor"

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

shoognite posted:

Daewoo "Contractor"

It's like an AR-15 and a FNC had a mongoloid baby. I want one.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

I want a shotgun. Yesterday.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

B4Ctom1 posted:

Holy crap! I never know what those screws in the screw holes were for doing a lyman.

Mine was made in 1912. My father swears he shot close to 1 million rounds through it in his life. It is still easily one of the most accurate 22LR's even to this day I have ever fired.

This is the truth, my dad has mine back at home. Easily one of my favorite .22s. Especially the peep sight.

incredibull
Sep 7, 2008

GENERIC

shoognite posted:

Daewoo "Contractor"

Daewoo DR/K-series are pretty awesome, even despite the weird fishtail buttstock. They were dirt cheap in the '80s, but nobody bought them. Too bad. "Ugly chink gun" and all that sort of fudd stuff. Now anyone that has one will never let go.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Yup. Daewoo rifles are so wonderfully cute and got the shortest end of the stick.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I'd like a Type 88 (KBU-97A export model):

Pros:
  • .223/5.56 version
  • non-restricted ()
  • includes optics with backup irons
  • somewhat unique
  • e: takes STANAG mags! (10 rounders )

Cons:
  • Three thousand dollar Norinco
  • Built for tiny Chinese people
  • Proprietary magazines (I think?), no doubt rare as poo poo.
  • Bullpups r weird

priznat fucked around with this message at Mar 5, 2012 around 22:15

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

CZ 75 SP01 w/ CZ Custom SAO trigger

Pros:
AWESOME
Magazine capacity
9x19mm (don't have a 9mm yet)
The way it feels in my hands. Probably the most comfortable pistol I've ever held and shot. A close second would be a 1911.
~quality workmanship~

Cons:
Double Action (getting a trigger to fix this)

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

That AUG clone that takes STANAG mags.

I don't care what anyone says about bullpups.

I want one.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

That's not a 12C. No octagon barrel and the butt plate is wrong.

Otherwise you're spot on. It's goddamn awesome. I've got a 121 with the Lyman R-12 peep sight. It's goddamn awesome too.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Smiling Jack posted:

That AUG clone that takes STANAG mags.

I don't care what anyone says about bullpups.

I want one.

I have an MSAR E4, it's pretty awesome once you familiarize yourself with the rifle. It has an amazing profile.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

powers posted:

I have an MSAR E4, it's pretty awesome once you familiarize yourself with the rifle. It has an amazing profile.

No longer in production, correct?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

According to some info from SHOT, Beryls or Mini-Beryls may be available soon in the US. I would buy one up in a sec!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

powers posted:

Pros:
AWESOME
Magazine capacity
The way it feels in my hands. Probably the most comfortable pistol I've ever held and shot. A close second would be a 1911.
~quality workmanship~

Cons:
Mother fuckers don't have an ambi safety. They want you to buy an entire other model pistol. Seriously who loving does this; all other pistols I have bought have a loving ambi lever option. gently caress CZ.

FTFY

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

JEEVES420 posted:

FTFY

But SP-01s do have an ambi safety?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

oh...well then a 75b that I bought didnt and has soured me on CZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

powers posted:

Pros:
AWESOME
Magazine capacity
~quality workmanship~

Cons:

You forgot "Heavy as all gently caress" for both a pro and a con. And yeah, I want to get a SA trigger put in mine... and throw on the SA safety buttons while they're at it. They look way cooler than the normal ones.

«257 »