Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Duckboat
May 15, 2012

My local gun store has a screaming price on an SP101 but I literally don't have enough money in my account.

They also have a SPAS-12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Duckboat posted:

My local gun store has a screaming price on an SP101 but I literally don't have enough money in my account.

They also have a SPAS-12

They have layaway don't they?

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

They have layaway don't they?

Didn't even consider that, I'll call tomorrow.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

Buy the SPAS-12.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

It's for a grand, is that a good price?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Duckboat posted:

It's for a grand, is that a good price?

Shima Honnou posted:

Buy the SPAS-12.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

So tempting...I can picture going to the trap range and not giving one single gently caress.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Isn't it supposed to be kind of jam prone? Hell, what am I saying?

Shima Honnou posted:

Buy the SPAS-12.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Here you go. Juicy Fruit. Happy?

Shima Honnou posted:

Buy the SPAS-12.

Shima Honnou posted:

Buy the SPAS-12.

Shima Honnou posted:

Buy the SPAS-12.

and then do a box thread and/or range video

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

I think there may be a poster here that owns one (or two?!?!)?

Does anyone know of anything I should look for? I recall there being issues with one style of safety?

This is assuming that this shop even has layaway...

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

Also if it doesn't have it get a folding stock, after you buy the SPAS-12.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

I would say that that would be manufacturing an "assault weapon" in my state, but I just checked Wikipedia and virtually all of them were imported before the AWB, therefore are pre-ban and I can go hog wild. I'll double check, but should be doable.

drat, I should crowd-fund this.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Duckboat posted:

Does anyone know of anything I should look for? I recall there being issues with one style of safety?

edit: Whoa this dude has a shitload of SPAS-12 videos on his account. He sells crossbolt safety conversions over here for $205.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlaOlqBC-yA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmANbgVcrxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2X_fDlDsz0

Bummey fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2015 around 00:15

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Duckboat posted:

I think there may be a poster here that owns one (or two?!?!)?

This is assuming that this shop even has layaway...

I had 2, back to 1. The good safety is a button, bad is a lever and make sure it has the extension tube that's even with the muzzle and folding stock. For a grand it wouldn't be terrible with the lever safety but it's super dangerous and long-term you'd want a button one if you like the gun itself. You can buy cheaper LAW-12s and swap trigger packs also but . I bought a lever one first and once I decided to keep a SPAS forever then I hunted down a button one and traded the lever one for ~1100 worth of stuff.

They're cool as poo poo though and everyone loves playing with it then re-enacting the Jurassic Park scene. It's extremely different from other shotguns though and take a lot of time to get used to the weird ways that the thing works. It also requires strong shells and a solid hold to run well in semi since the gas system isn't terrible efficient and the bolt assembly is really heavy. It's also :xbox: huge and heavy. Buy it.

edit:

Bummey posted:

edit: Whoa this dude has a shitload of SPAS-12 videos on his account. He sells crossbolt safety conversions over here for $205.

whoa, that's new. Even better reason to buy it.

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at Aug 29, 2015 around 01:02

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

Jymmybob posted:

I had 2, back to 1. The good safety is a button, bad is a lever and make sure it has the extension tube that's even with the muzzle and folding stock. For a grand it wouldn't be terrible with the lever safety but it's super dangerous and long-term you'd want a button one if you like the gun itself. You can buy cheaper LAW-12s and swap trigger packs also but . I bought a lever one first and once I decided to keep a SPAS forever then I hunted down a button one and traded the lever one for ~1100 worth of stuff.

They're cool as poo poo though and everyone loves playing with it then re-enacting the Jurassic Park scene. It's extremely different from other shotguns though and take a lot of time to get used to the weird ways that the thing works. It also requires strong shells and a solid hold to run well in semi since the gas system isn't terrible efficient and the bolt assembly is really heavy. It's also :xbox: huge and heavy. Buy it.

edit:

whoa, that's new. I've bought a bunch of buffers, bumpers, and other misc stuff from Chris and he's good people.

Thanks for all the good info! Christ, I can't imagine it would last long at the shop, and i have so little money in my bank account right now...

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=504039421

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

drat, too bad I just bought that 27-2, or I'd be all over this like stink on poo poo.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Had to drop a bid in on that. Long ways to go. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

How is it the most desirable revolver configurations are always the lowest production?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Fixed sights would make it more desirable to me.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

http://archives.collectorsfirearms....&product=pr9537

Bummey
May 26, 2004

What kind of suppressor mounts onto that thing?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bummey posted:

Something like

or (most likely)

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Ssssuuuuuuck...

I almost wish I had seen that in time to bid on it.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Bummey posted:

No idea what it's actually called, but it was a semi-production thing by Knight's Armament Company. You can find a bunch of stuff with the owner's son talking about it on SilencerTalk if you google it, but I don't think he says anything about production or intended market?

Also of note, the suppressor was sold in a kit with an M9 modified to fit it as well as modified to have a "lock up" device that locks the slide forward. The one in the ad has it, but they don't make any mention of it.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Ad clearly mentions a numbered slide lock. Wrong terminology maybe.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

That is fully sick. New white whale spotted.

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

ishikabibble posted:

I don't think he says anything about production or intended market?

Tranquilizing Russians on a tanker.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

ishikabibble posted:

No idea what it's actually called, but it was a semi-production thing by Knight's Armament Company. You can find a bunch of stuff with the owner's son talking about it on SilencerTalk if you google it, but I don't think he says anything about production or intended market?

Also of note, the suppressor was sold in a kit with an M9 modified to fit it as well as modified to have a "lock up" device that locks the slide forward. The one in the ad has it, but they don't make any mention of it.

Ooh, I didn't notice the slide lock either. Neato! Those things really do it for me.

Duckboat
May 15, 2012

That thing looks totally sweet, but I believe I read something somewhere that slidelocks for suppressed pistols had the potential to shorten frame life, due to the lack of slide motion to bleed off energy.

Anyone hear something similar, or am I just talking out of my rear end?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Duckboat posted:

That thing looks totally sweet, but I believe I read something somewhere that slidelocks for suppressed pistols had the potential to shorten frame life, due to the lack of slide motion to bleed off energy.

Anyone hear something similar, or am I just talking out of my rear end?

They're not meant for huge volumes of fire. I think it balances out.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=504499954

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Bummey posted:

They're not meant for huge volumes of fire. I think it balances out.

And for people with JSOC budgets, buying replacement slides by the pallet is chump change.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Holy poo poo, same seller has this thing. Semi-auto build kit for one of those tiny little 1917a1 .22lr's, but this one also has the guts to make it .17HMR

One of you mechanically inclined goons needs to get that.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Fuuuuuuck I want that thing so bad. That would be an awesome project.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=504019505

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

I want Arthur Webley's shed.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee