Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

That gun is gross. My opinon.

I like opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Butch Cassidy posted:

That gun is gross. My opinon.

This 45 year old man owns a hi point

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

right arm posted:

This 45 year old man owns a hi point

And an Ishapore Enfield.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

If I made a DAO beretta out of dicks you'd like it

IN 40

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

z06ck posted:

If I made a DAO beretta out of dicks you'd like it

IN 40

This is the gun I want this instant.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Collateral Damage posted:

My shoulder hurts just looking at that video.

In one of the recent InRange videos Ian wasn't shooting because he injured his shoulder, I wonder if that's where he hurt it.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Bummey posted:

In one of the recent InRange videos Ian wasn't shooting because he injured his shoulder, I wonder if that's where he hurt it.

The FAL/G3 video? That was something else.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Found this on arf, I really need some details on it

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

DeesGrandpa posted:

Found this on arf, I really need some details on it

Bowen I think?

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Wowsers that pricing :/

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Yeah Bowen is one of those custom makers where if you have to ask what it costs, you can't afford it.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Quickshanks posted:

Yeah Bowen is one of those custom makers where if you have to ask what it costs, you can't afford it.

what if I could afford one but I want to know how many I could buy at one go based on my investment returns this month

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I've got some weird bug up my rear end about finding a single gun so customized to my bizarre whims that I'd be unable to part with it, but I think it might be awhile before I can finance something like that.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Clement also does some 5-shot conversions, but he's not exactly cheap either.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

DeesGrandpa posted:

I've got some weird bug up my rear end about finding a single gun so customized to my bizarre whims that I'd be unable to part with it, but I think it might be awhile before I can finance something like that.

You should really have a good long look at Freedom Arms if you like that gun in the picture. You may find exactly what you are looking for.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

You should really have a good long look at Freedom Arms if you like that gun in the picture. You may find exactly what you are looking for.

This is a really good idea that he should definitely do, especially if he can find a used one that floats his boat. They never seem to get shot more than a handful of times before getting put back in a safe and sold. I think I've seen them ~$1800 on the low end, which is insane for their quality and workmanship.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

I got my Premier Grade .454 for $1200. The standard .454 83 is one that gets bought a lot I think as a very first gun by fans of Point Break or that one guy's books, and also one that gets frequently and almost immediately resold.

If it's just the general shape of the thing that grabs you, most of what you're seeing is just a standard Ruger Bisley (I think?), excepting the sights, caliber, lanyard ring, and that Indiana Jones looking muzzle band thing of course. And an action that probably feels better to play with than a swimsuit model's honkers, I can only assume. Power Custom also sells a Bisley frame and Bisley hammer upgrade for most any Ruger.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I think that band on the revolver is what they call an "express front sight base" since it's visually patterned off the muzzles of the old safari "express rifles".

Outside Dawg
Feb 24, 2013

DeesGrandpa posted:

Bowen Nimrod, probably in .500 Linebaugh (from the look of the cartridges) http://www.bowenclassicarms.com/cat...onversions.html at roughly $2600 that's a bargain, a similar handgun from Linebaugh's company will run you at least twice that. Like Sixgun said, Freedom would probably be a bit easier on your bank account.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I think that band on the revolver is what they call an "express front sight base" since it's visually patterned off the muzzles of the old safari "express rifles".

I think the band was just an easier way to put on the front sight. In the case of my King here I believe they did it just because they did custom work and had a rifle sight of the right height, so they slapped it on:

Ends up with the same effect.

I would imagine that Bowen put the band on there as a stylistic thing, but older ones were probably just done that way because it was expedient. The side effect being that it does look hot.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I would like a pistol.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

I would like a pistol.

Check those Tinder profiles closely and swipe right on the ones who sound sassy and opinionated

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

I would like a pistol.

Your attitude toward guns would incline me to suggest that you don't buy one.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Went for that Mateba Grifone but gave up at 3400. I feel a little relieved at not getting it but that was a hell of a price for one and I'll be surprised to ever see one again in 454.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

A side by side 12 gauge with external hammers.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=545074203

6" 686 with Silhouette target sights and round butt

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

I wish to scale back my previous list and add some changes:

Mid-grade 1911 (like a Ruger)
Either a Mossy 930 or Beretta A300 - I know the A300 is superior, but I don't know if I would shoot skeet enough to warrant a gun; having an auto shotgun I can do stupid poo poo to might be good.
45/70 Levergun
SAA in 357
LCP - just as a range toy. It's a neat little gun I regret selling and would grab just because it's cheap.

Then, pick two from the list. If I scale back to what I'd actually shoot a lot of and not give any fucks at all in the least about scratching or dropping it, then I definitely need to scale back some.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=545067354

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

For being so rare you can basically trip over them on GB.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

It's because it's dumb and stupid. I think some goon just bought the 41 mag version of that, which is instead good and rad. N frame 357s need to have 8 chambers or have a name that starts with registered to get me going

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

DeesGrandpa posted:

It's because it's dumb and stupid. I think some goon just bought the 41 mag version of that, which is instead good and rad. N frame 357s need to have 8 chambers or have a name that starts with registered to get me going

The 58 owns bones and the 520 just needs a round butt to be perfect.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

DeesGrandpa posted:

Shut up. I'm going to go shoot my new-to-me 27-2 for the first time tomorrow

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I can at least chub up for a 27. The ridiculous topstrap checkering and finish on the early guns brings warmth to my cold dead heart

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

The 58 owns bones and the 520 just needs a round butt to be perfect.

Did you buy it? The 58 is real neat to me.

The 520 just doesn't make sense to me. The fixed sights show it's intended for popo carry, but I can't imagine why anyone would've chosen to walk around all day with it when there were smaller, lighter K frame .357s that held the same amount of ammo. I can totally get a gun-enjoying cop making the size sacrifice to the N frame for a caliber starting with 4, but .357? nah

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Nah, if I had 58 money, I'd be too busy taking up buplet casting to afford to shoot it constantly.

As for the 520, beefy enough to actually feed 357 Mag, a cylinder that isn't comically fat, and heavy enough to tame recoil well.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=544875907

I want that.

Since I can't buy that it will at least be interesting to see what it sells for a year later.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I would have called it the "Super Duper Redhawk" but I guess their name works as well: http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=575586

I don't know that I've seen a larger underlug. It's like Jay Leno as a revolver.

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

It's like Charles II of Spain as a revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=545202698

mmmm

«257 »