Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Forum Hussy posted:

Well the easy part of this is done, I'll be picking up the rifle tomorrow. Now to spend months looking at suppressors that I'll end up not buying.

Now that I actually have a gun with a threaded barrel I want a suppressor for the Vz 58 it's looking like I'll never be able to fire. I need to move to a better state first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Forum Hussy posted:

Well the easy part of this is done, I'll be picking up the rifle tomorrow. Now to spend months looking at suppressors that I'll end up not buying.

If you check my posting history, I've been staying out of this subforum for the better part of 3 months because I have to pay my 2011 IRA contribution and then do my taxes. You're killing me. I want to impulse by a bunch of poo poo in may after I've paid taxes. (I want one of those CZ 527's too)

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

powers posted:

If you check my posting history, I've been staying out of this subforum for the better part of 3 months because I have to pay my 2011 IRA contribution and then do my taxes.

You're a smart man making smart decisions.

Meanwhile, gently caress that. I want this.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Commander size 1911s are the only ones that do anything for me.

I want a Winchester '94 with octagonal barrel and chambered in 38-55 right now:

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at Mar 16, 2012 around 18:46

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

Commander size 1911s are the only ones that do anything for me.

I handled an American Classic commander 1911 in stainless steel. It got really good reviews for an entry-level 1911 and it looked great...

...until I turned it over and saw the world's most garish rollmark.

What I want this instant is a reasonably-priced stainless commander with a tiny rollmark.

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

wilfoy posted:

...until I turned it over and saw the world's most garish rollmark.

That hammer kinda sucks too...

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

I want a Finn M28-76. They went through all the trouble to make a classy accurate target rifle that would be a great alternative in the classy accurate target rifle market that the Swiss have cornered- but they did it in x54r. It's an utterly insane, silly gun in an insane, silly caliber and I want one.

And they're on sale!
http://centerfiresystems.com/rifle-m28-fin.aspx

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

After a stop at Cabela's on the way out of East Hartford, I still want an M9.

I DO NOT want an M&P 9mm. Is the idea there to have no tactile trigger reset at all?

Ugh.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I want an HK P7K3, with all caliber conversions. And threaded barrels for all calibers.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Operating Rod posted:

I DO NOT want an M&P 9mm. Is the idea there to have no tactile trigger reset at all?

Ugh.

Apparently the reset can be fixed with a replacement part from APEX.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I want a Rossi Ranch Hand because unnnnf:

I wanna feel like Steve McQueen, is that so wrong?

e: I can't decide between .357 and .44 though.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

Gimmick gun so bigger=better.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Yes, it's a big stupid gun, but I like big stupid guns. Oh yes, it will be mine.

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

big_dilli posted:

Yes, it's a big stupid gun, but I like big stupid guns. Oh yes, it will be mine.

I have only ever seen one dessert eagle, 21 shots, and 9 jams.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

BeanTaco posted:

I have only ever seen one dessert eagle, 21 shots, and 9 jams.

Counter-point: I have seen/fired one DE. Way more than 21 shots and no hiccups at all.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Counter point: I have fired a .357 and a .50AE and that same .50AE with a .44 kit installed. The .357 jammed every fifth shot or so and the .44 setup jammed once out of 20 rounds and the .50AE had no problems whatsoever.

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

This one was 44. mag. Honestly though I think most of it was due to the owner being incompetent.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

BeanTaco posted:

This one was 44. mag. Honestly though I think most of it was due to the owner being incompetent.

That's what I chalk the .357 up to.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

White Stormys was in .44 and was a poo poo load of fun to shoot.

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

Isn't the DEs action prone to jams when limp wristed?

To contribute I want a mannlicher classic with a full stock with such a passion my soul aches.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I had a lot of fun firing the .50AE one just because when I was a little kid growing up in the late 80s early 90s it was the most powerful handgun in the world mumbojumbo in every single movie and I finally got to cross it off the list.

I dont really get a big caliber/big gun erection like some gun owners, generally, so I really didn't care about firing the .357 (separate owner) or firing the big one converted to .44 at all. I did get to fire a lot of .357 out of the one, though, for free. Like 80 rounds just banging away.

I hope the nerd above who wants a Desert Eagle enjoys the heck out of it

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Yellowjacket posted:

To contribute I want a mannlicher classic with a full stock with such a passion my soul aches.

You can't say that and not say what caliber.

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

You can't say that and not say what caliber.
I couldn't really care less. It could be in some moon caliber and I would search to the ends of the earth for the ammunition to shoot it and be a special kind of happy, but I would dig one in .223 or .308 so I could buy ammo with my cat food and spring chickens at farm and fleet

Yellowjacket fucked around with this message at Mar 17, 2012 around 02:33

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

Yellowjacket posted:

I would dig one in .223 or .308

NO. BAD.
Also I hope that guy gets his DE and has fun with it and I hope yellowjacket gets his fancy bolt gun but getting it in .223 or .308 just urrrrrrgggg

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

BeanTaco posted:

NO. BAD.
Also I hope that guy gets his DE and has fun with it and I hope yellowjacket gets his fancy bolt gun but getting it in .223 or .308 just urrrrrrgggg
I always wind up shooting guns I have to buy ammo for online less. Farm & Fleet usually has 7mm which would be ok in that. I barely take out my PSL because nobody in town has x54. What is the classiest awesome caliber for a Mannlicher

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Yellowjacket posted:

I would dig one in .223 or .308

You spelled 9.3x62 wrong.

Froglight
Oct 4, 2010

I want it this instant but I have to wait for it to be delivered.

Beretta px4 INOX

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Yellowjacket posted:

I've got this old crappy Mannlicher. There's something wrong with the bolt handle. Somebody knocked the knob off or something, I dunno.

I want another one, only in 8x57 Mauser, this one's a 30-06.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Gtab posted:

I hope the nerd above who wants a Desert Eagle enjoys the heck out of it

The only one I want is 44 mag. Guess that's because I've already got a S&W 29-2, Browning 92, and a couple of SAA revolvers in 44 mag. Wouldn't have to add another caliber to the collection.

This thread is really bad for me as the last gun I posted in it (Springfield Armory Longslide) now resides in my safe. I shot it last weekend. It was great.

Someone commented that the triggers on them suck. Mine is about 4 1/2 lbs. Found out that Springfield uses a 28 lb mainspring in their ILS system in the mainspring housing. I'm planning on switching it out to a Maxi-well with mainspring housing and going to a 21 lb mainspring. That should make it even better.

I shot 150 rounds of Federal 230 grain ball ammo though it. It ate it up. 25 yard groups free hand were 2-3 inch in size. That drat pistol shoots!

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

Yellowjacket posted:

I always wind up shooting guns I have to buy ammo for online less. Farm & Fleet usually has 7mm which would be ok in that. I barely take out my PSL because nobody in town has x54. What is the classiest awesome caliber for a Mannlicher

6.5x55 would probably be easiest to get hold of. Any old European cartridge is good.
.223 and .308 is just uuuugh.

Also Ozziemandius stop posting that thing it reminds me how inadequate I am.

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I've got this old crappy Mannlicher. There's something wrong with the bolt handle. Somebody knocked the knob off or something, I dunno.

I want another one, only in 8x57 Mauser, this one's a 30-06.
Ugghh so nice. I like that crazy twisty barrel on the new ones.

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

Yellowjacket posted:

I like that crazy twisty barrel on the new ones.

on the what nows?

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

BeanTaco posted:

on the what nows?
Erry body in the club getting twisty

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

But it's NOT THE SAME

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Lipstick Apathy

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

I was just at a gun shop today and saw one in .44. If they had it in .357 (and I had the money) I'd get it. Why? Because if I'm rolling really cheap I could shoot .38 special.
Now I have this crazy idea of getting a Ranch Hand and trying to get my CHL with it.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

BeanTaco posted:

6.5x55 would probably be easiest to get hold of. Any old European cartridge is good.
.223 and .308 is just uuuugh.

Also Ozziemandius stop posting that thing it reminds me how inadequate I am.

6.5x55 would be There's a Model MCA on Gunbroker in 6.5x55 right now, but it's like $2250

I love my Steyr. It's old and gnarly and patina'd and the stock's all dinged up. Somebody carried this thing through hell and back and hunted god knows what and loved the poo poo out of it. The only reason I have it is because the seller misspelled "Mannlicher" on the auction listing and I was the only bidder on a no-reserve auction. I can't wait to take it deer hunting this year. I'm gonna go shoot the hell out of it this weekend, just for fun.

drat, this is a nice CZ550. 9.3x62.

Yellowjacket
Mar 13, 2006

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

6.5x55 would be There's a Model MCA on Gunbroker in 6.5x55 right now, but it's like $2250

I love my Steyr. It's old and gnarly and patina'd and the stock's all dinged up. Somebody carried this thing through hell and back and hunted god knows what and loved the poo poo out of it. The only reason I have it is because the seller misspelled "Mannlicher" on the auction listing and I was the only bidder on a no-reserve auction. I can't wait to take it deer hunting this year. I'm gonna go shoot the hell out of it this weekend, just for fun.

drat, this is a nice CZ550. 9.3x62.

You lucky son of a bitch. Also either a CZ or Ruger M77 in a mannlicher stock would also make me happy, but goddamn if im not jealous.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I know it's tacticlol as poo poo, but I want a 37mm havoc launcher.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Mad Dragon posted:

I know it's tacticlol as poo poo, but I want a 37mm havoc launcher.

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z...avoc-p-339.html

The KAOS stock pretty much the perfect tacticlol base platform. I just want to Magpul it up and add a couple of lasers with a lovely A2 carry handle or airsoft MBUS.

If you're going to take something utterly useless and make it even more useless, may as well have some fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I want a Feinwerkbau 80 pretty loving badly right the moment:

«257 »