Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

Every single one of these.

(I'd actually like an M39 in general, and I know where to find some, but they're ungodly expensive - over a grand each. I'm probably going to have to wait until someone puts one up cheaper, or I move back to Canada )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Akion posted:

At least they are honest.

Content: I want another Savage Scout. I'm torn between .308 or 7.62x39. .308 obviously has a lot going for it, but I like the idea of having 2 rifles that use the same ammo.

Get the x39 and never look back.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Whale Cancer posted:

I really want a damned FAL but nobody has one within 100 miles of me. Anywhere online selling them?

Local shop is selling a what looks like never been fired Grendel P-30 for $175 and I'm really really thinking about buying it.

Apologies to your wallet in advance

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

Crossposting from images thread, because why not.

Balzac Jones
Dec 26, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

My god is their website a train-wreck.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

They're impractical, cost $LOLZ and I hear are not so reliable, but I still want one.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

charliebravo77 posted:

They're impractical, cost $LOLZ and I hear are not so reliable, but I still want one.

I fired one fully auto with the stock and a can. It was awesome, way better than the Skorpion I fired next to it.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

"Wouldn't want to see an angry turtle with a gun, would ya? "

Well...

Gtab posted:

I fired one fully auto with the stock and a can. It was awesome, way better than the Skorpion I fired next to it.

The one I shot had really drat annoying muzzle rise on FA. It was the worst of anything I shot that day, including a mini uzi and a BAR and others.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I like turtles posted:

The one I shot had really drat annoying muzzle rise on FA. It was the worst of anything I shot that day, including a mini uzi and a BAR and others.

The one I shot had a VFG like so:

And I had no issues with it. Well, I mean, there was nothing I didn't expect while firing a machine pistol versus a proper SMG. There was some rise but I sort of accepted that.

What is a BAR like? I've shot an M2 carbine and a Thompson.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

I want a Steyr branded one more, but I wouldnt snub a B&T.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Yeah, I shot the B&T model. This was April-ish 2007.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

I've never seen one before, but I'm lusting this motherfucker right here. Carl Gustav carbine in 6.5x55. Are they a common thing that I've just never run across, or are they crafted from Teutonic moonbeams and fairy tits?

Anybody have a clue what something like that might be worth, if a fellow felt like making an offer on it?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

"Wouldn't want to see an angry turtle with a gun, would ya? "

Well...

Gtab posted:

And I had no issues with it. Well, I mean, there was nothing I didn't expect while firing a machine pistol versus a proper SMG. There was some rise but I sort of accepted that.

It was as awesome as you could hope.
I got slo mo video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvcnIfK_GA

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

Gtab posted:

I shot a BAR a few summers ago - some really nice rich guy brought it and let me shoot it. They shoot great with easily controlled recoil - you feel like a one man army shooting that thing.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

They weight a zillion pounds, they better shoot nicely

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

wav3form posted:

I shot a BAR a few summers ago - some really nice rich guy brought it and let me shoot it. They shoot great with easily controlled recoil - you feel like a one man army shooting that thing.

Wasn't it designed so that guys could run it up from one trench to the next while firing from the hip?
I feel like "what if we need a terminator to use it" should factor into all firearm designs.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

BeanTaco posted:

Wasn't it designed so that guys could run it up from one trench to the next while firing from the hip?
I feel like "what if we need a terminator to use it" should factor into all firearm designs.

Yes it was. I have this cool book that has pictures of all the web-gear that the army used from WW1 to the 80's, and it has a picture of a BAR belt from 1918 or so that had a little metal bracket at about 3:00 on the belt, designed to hold the stock while you fired at Jerry from the hip.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

The BAR was a real-life Rambo machinegun. You can't not love that.

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

Good loving luck. The don't have a 'live' website. Nothing is in stock. It will be backordered with a long lead time. I'm going on 2 months waiting on a couple of AR uppers. Who the hell knows when I'll get them?

Otherwise from what I hear the quality on their stuff is good. Just have to be really really patient.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Beardless posted:

Yes it was. I have this cool book that has pictures of all the web-gear that the army used from WW1 to the 80's, and it has a picture of a BAR belt from 1918 or so that had a little metal bracket at about 3:00 on the belt, designed to hold the stock while you fired at Jerry from the hip.

shut the gently caress up and tell me the name of this book

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Dick Burglar posted:

The BAR was a real-life Rambo machinegun. You can't not love that.

Except for the fact that the BAR was designed 64 years before and Rambo mostly used an M60. The BAR is still rad as hell though. I want to shoot it and every other gun ever made.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Gtab posted:

shut the gently caress up and tell me the name of this book

"U.S. Army Combat Equipments, 1910-1988"
Here it is on Amazon, it's by Osprey of course: http://www.amazon.com/Combat-Equipm...ref=pd_sim_b_30

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Beardless posted:

Here it is on Amazon, it's by Osprey of course: http://www.amazon.com/Combat-Equipm...ref=pd_sim_b_30

Yes, yes.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!

Bummey posted:

Except for the fact that the BAR was designed 64 years before and Rambo mostly used an M60. The BAR is still rad as hell though. I want to shoot it and every other gun ever made.

i dont think you "get" my post

I was going to write "Rambo's Grandpa's Machinegun" but felt that wasn't necessary. Apparently it was.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Dick Burglar posted:

i dont think you "get" my post

I was going to write "Rambo's Grandpa's Machinegun" but felt that wasn't necessary. Apparently it was.

yeah i have no idea what pedantic bullshit that dude is babbling about. no one else on earth was confused and thought you conflated the M60 and the BAR by sixty years. just him. the constant pokemon thread poster. who has recently arrived here in gun town.

i have literally no clue what the gently caress he thought was gonna be proven by that weird semantic autism. we all got your implication that it was designed for hipfire, a technique which rambo made famous later on. we're all normal and got that idea.

not that dude though. not that dude.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Beardless posted:

You better be at the next NH shoot.

I want a Colt Commander with night sights right now for a fuckaround range-toy:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Gtab posted:

yeah i have no idea what pedantic bullshit that dude is babbling about. no one else on earth was confused and thought you conflated the M60 and the BAR by sixty years. just him. the constant pokemon thread poster. who has recently arrived here in gun town.

i have literally no clue what the gently caress he thought was gonna be proven by that weird semantic autism. we all got your implication that it was designed for hipfire, a technique which rambo made famous later on. we're all normal and got that idea.

I don't quite know what I was on about, either. I certainly didn't think he confused anything.

I also haven't posted in the pokemon thread in quite a while, but you bet your rear end I'll be buying the next one. We're all huge nerds here, that's hardly an insult considering.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2012 around 05:23

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

oh i assure you it wasn't an insult. when i broke my spine and my computer melted down the next day and i spent 3 months awake 22-23hrs a day strapped to a bed, my girlfriend bought me Pokemon Diamond (and later a DS Lite and LG and my sister bought me Emerald and Pearl) and I put 1500hrs on the Diamond cartridge alone.

we're all horrible, horrible people.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

However, had you mentioned my constant posting in the old A Song of Ice and Fire threads you'd be on to something. I'm glad that's over with.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Bummey posted:

However, had you mentioned my constant posting in the old A Song of Ice and Fire threads you'd be on to something. I'm glad that's over with.

Let's never mention any dark chapters like that, friend. Let the past die.

LingcodKilla
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Gtab posted:

oh i assure you it wasn't an insult. when i broke my spine and my computer melted down the next day and i spent 3 months awake 22-23hrs a day strapped to a bed, my girlfriend bought me Pokemon Diamond (and later a DS Lite and LG and my sister bought me Emerald and Pearl) and I put 1500hrs on the Diamond cartridge alone.

we're all horrible, horrible people.

Just one DS? My back is just fine and I got two so I can just trade with myself and never have to deal with wierdos at gamestores. You gotta catch em all you know.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

LingcodKilla posted:

Just one DS? My back is just fine and I got two so I can just trade with myself and never have to deal with wierdos at gamestores. You gotta catch em all you know.

I did that as a kid with Red/Blue. Then some douchenozzle stole my clear gameboy and my Red cartridge.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I have three. I had a fat. I got a lite as an upgrade. I later got a second lite from my sister who had no idea I already had one. I gave it to her; she later bought a special edition Zelda one and gave it back to me.

I also have a GBA and a GBA SP.

I also had all 490whatever pokermanz ca. the Diamond/Pearl era. I think my total play time across flash cart Diamond and Pearl saves, real Diamond, real Pearl, Platinum, LG, and Emerald came out to like 2800 hours.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Gtab posted:

It's almost like there should be a short, maybe only four letters, word for people like this.

Oh well.

LingcodKilla
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Gtab posted:

I have three. I had a fat. I got a lite as an upgrade. I later got a second lite from my sister who had no idea I already had one. I gave it to her; she later bought a special edition Zelda one and gave it back to me.

I also had all 490whatever pokermanz ca. the Diamond/Pearl era. I think my total play time across flash cart Diamond and Pearl saves, real Diamond, real Pearl, Platinum, LG, and Emerald came out to like 2800 hours.

Got a lot of down time in the trucks at work too. I'm kind of scared of adding it up between em/diamond/plat/HG/SS/bl/wh. I reset my plat to do a speed run with no trades. I should have just bought another cart.

m14 magazine holders fit DS lites perfectly.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Gtab posted:

I was mad as hell about mine being stolen. It was a thin, clear Gameboy that I put on layaway and worked my rear end off to earn. I eventually got another blue thin one, then a GBA, and a NES edition GBA SP (or whatever it's called). I bought SMB for the GBA SP and haven't really played it that much. It was fun, but also sort of ; especially when I could emulate a NES on my phone...

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I've never seen one before, but I'm lusting this motherfucker right here. Carl Gustav carbine in 6.5x55. Are they a common thing that I've just never run across, or are they crafted from Teutonic moonbeams and fairy tits?

Anybody have a clue what something like that might be worth, if a fellow felt like making an offer on it?

Looks like a Carl Gustaf m94/14

This one was sold for ~590$ in Sweden.

I have the Carl Gustaf (HVA) 1900 myself (from ~1970s, 30-06), perfect moose gun

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

I just have a sudden, insatiable hankering for a Jaeger rifle. No, I don't know why, but drat if that isn't pretty.

(Had pokemon red as a kid and played it on my cheap-as-gently caress clear plastic fat gameboy I got from a flea market in Gran Canaria. For a probable knock-off it lasted forever.)

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Butch Cassidy posted:

You better be at the next NH shoot.

I want a Colt Commander with night sights right now for a fuckaround range-toy:

I would love to be at the next NH shoot, but sadly I don't have any way of getting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Bummey posted:

I got banned in that thread for refusing to say nice things about GRRM. That thread was an insane cesspool of depravity.

«257 »