Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«247 »
Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Gegil posted:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpi...-micro-w-brace/

I already own one EVO but man this really makes me want to get another, or at least the 300 in parts to allow me to build this off my existing receiver.

OH MY GOD IT'S SO CUUUUUUUUTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Probably like King Nazi

Holy poo poo that's my summer gun purchase. Does anyone do 15rd mags for them?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

ALL of them.

Fun Shoe

DeesGrandpa posted:

10, 20, 30 as far as I know. I swear I saw some 20 or 30 round mags somewhere here in CO but I'm probably imagining that.

e: found these, but they're expensive as gently caress. Not sure what the "permanent" modification entails. Those may have been what I think I saw at a shop?

fknlo fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2018 around 19:25

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

DeesGrandpa posted:

It's CZ so Summer 2018 means Spring 2019.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I want a gun with a early 90's style paintball gun splash anodizing paintjob/finish

Preferably the gun would need to be something equally as tacky like a tec9 or desert eagle

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

I want an HK34, but not enough to spend >$2K to build my own when I don't know anything about building them

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Snowboard, bindings, and boots. May sell a gun to make it happen. Or skip the planned Taser Pulse and roll that money into a board.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Just ordered a Beretta 84.

Double stack, almost full size, metal frame... 380. Because gently caress you I don't care it's the most useless gun on the market (which it is)... I goddamn want one.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

Friar Zucchini posted:

Double stack, almost full size, metal frame... 380. Because gently caress you I don't care it's the most useless gun on the market (which it is)... I goddamn want one.

damnit.... now you're wanting me to get an 81FS again

double stack .32 acp that's all steel.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Which variant of 84? And have fun regardless! They are neat guns.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Friar Zucchini posted:

I've been wanting one of these. Seems like it'd be extremely fun and nice to shoot

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Butch Cassidy posted:

Which variant of 84? And have fun regardless! They are neat guns.
This one. Because idgaf bout shiny nickel finishes... actually genuinely don't prefer them... and this was $100 less than everywhere else, until I bought their last one.

the frame is alloy

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

You should box thread it! I'm biased and curious to hear how someone else feels about that safety/decocker. And do you handload? I can give some advise particular to the 84.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

I've got an 85F and I freaking love it. If I ever have the surplus funds I'm getting a nickel 84 for da bling blang.

Cloudyak
May 14, 2009

Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?

shalafi4 posted:

damnit.... now you're wanting me to get an 81FS again

double stack .32 acp that's all steel.

I have a new 2016 Beretta 81 and itís an aluminum frame. Still one of my favorite guns.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

I have an early 80s manufacture Beretta 81. Itís an aluminum frame, but itís still a sweet shooting gun. .32ACP>.380ACP.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Butch Cassidy posted:

Snowboard, bindings, and boots. May sell a gun to make it happen. Or skip the planned Taser Pulse and roll that money into a board.
Which board are your thinking of getting Butch? I have some spare boards lying around.

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

I want that loving Ruger PC but I don't have glock magazines, ruger magazines, and it looks like rear end! Magpullllllllllllll!!!!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Yuns posted:

Which board are your thinking of getting Butch? I have some spare boards lying around.

Don't know. The mountain is offering me a voucher for a $300 board, binding, and boot package. Some entry level Rossi board, IIRC. May consider that or might look into some used goodies. I know nothing about boarding gear and planned to look into it more before my spring bonus comes in.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

drat, the itch for a 9mm CZ Rami with either docker or safety has returned.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/736247203

Too bad there's no practical way to get it to europe. I've found a few of the 5.5 and 6.5 inch versions on euro gun sites, but I've never seen a longslide here.

e: Sold for $4,175.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at Jan 15, 2018 around 10:04

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

God drat

That instruction manual is bad rear end.

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

My soup has malfunctioned?

https://www.mm-industries.com/m10x/

I want one of these things, despite having two dope ARs I donít shoot enough already, and no ready access to nearby ranges that are more than 25 yards.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Problematic Soup posted:

https://www.mm-industries.com/m10x/

I want one of these things, despite having two dope ARs I donít shoot enough already, and no ready access to nearby ranges that are more than 25 yards.

Don't give them money. They pulled some real loving shady poo poo in Canada. Just go buy an AK more make a 7.62 piston AR.

edit: like massively shady poo poo. Enough so the backlash over it means they'll have minimal sales for what should have been a loving hail mary, holy grail kind of things. Shady enough that two of the biggest online/brick+mortar stores are not going to stock them.

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 19:53

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

MohawkSatan posted:

Don't give them money. They pulled some real loving shady poo poo in Canada. Just go buy an AK more make a 7.62 piston AR.

edit: like massively shady poo poo. Enough so the backlash over it means they'll have minimal sales for what should have been a loving hail mary, holy grail kind of things. Shady enough that two of the biggest online/brick+mortar stores are not going to stock them.

https://thegunblog.ca/2017/11/08/mm...after-brouhaha/

It seems like a misunderstanding blown out of proportion by the internet. Do you have a source for your "shady poo poo"?

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/739838778

Antique Colt SAA converted to 22, upgraded with target sights and built right.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

DakianDelomast posted:

https://thegunblog.ca/2017/11/08/mm...after-brouhaha/

It seems like a misunderstanding blown out of proportion by the internet. Do you have a source for your "shady poo poo"?

I'm not gonna hunt everything out, but basically, M+M was promising several businesses rights, Wanstalls and IIRC Canada Ammo worked together to get it an FRT and get it imported after being promised told that nobody would be given exclusive rights to sell(Canada ammo would handle imports and warranty work is all), then the price got jacked up all the way to $2000 by North Sylva after Canada Ammo and Wanstalls had eaten the cost on getting them okay'd be the RCMP.

I have to admit I'm very heavily inclined to believe Wanstalls on this, because they're some seriously good guys.

edit: there's a post on reddit in this thread by the OP that chronicles the whole saga a bit better. https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns...ot_honor_their/

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at Jan 19, 2018 around 20:29

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Sten Freak posted:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/739838778

Antique Colt SAA converted to 22, upgraded with target sights and built right.

Ehhh, not for that price. I've seen Haas and Crull conversions go for less than that.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Ehhh, not for that price. I've seen Haas and Crull conversions go for less than that.
Yeah I'd pay less than $1500

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Apparently I have an affinity for weird Broomhandle Mausers, as this is the second I've posted here in as many months.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/739896457

Sten Freak posted:

Yeah I'd pay less than $1500

When I finally get a mill and lathe and learn how to use them a knock off Crull based on a .22 Great Western is on my list of things to make. It's like the missing link between .22 SAAs and the Ruger Single Six.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

God drat

That instruction manual is bad rear end.
As luck would have it, I just found one for sale locally. Seller didn't post any pictures or details so I've emailed him to check if it's still for sale and that it's a longslide.

Wish me luck and I'll reward you with a box thread.

Untrustable
Mar 16, 2009

Do you like it? It's haunted.

Untrustable posted:

My dad showed me a gun from his collection the other day and now I want it. You see he's always been really weird about his gun collection and I've never seen all of it or probably even half of it.

It was an old bolt action rifle. Beat to hell, marked with "Terni 1891" on the receiver. It's chambered in 6.5x52mm. It had some italian seal stamped on the butt. I want it badly but he said he's going to give it to my uncle for Christmas.

From back in November but my dad did end up giving me that rifle instead of my uncle and it's a Vetterli 1870/87/15. The milsurp thread can tell you all about my attempts to find a way to shoot it despite all warnings that it would in fact maim me. It's cleaned up now and going on my wall. A "Guns you want this instant" success story of sorts.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

As luck would have it, I just found one for sale locally. Seller didn't post any pictures or details so I've emailed him to check if it's still for sale and that it's a longslide.
Welp, I'm now the (future) owner of a big, stupid lump of steel.

LAR Grizzly Mark 1, 10" longslide. For $500.

The seller was selling off his deceased father-in-law's collection so he didn't have a lot of information. He sent a picture he had which confirmed the model, but unfortunately didn't show the barrel markings. The original license paper from 1991 just said "357/45", which could just mean it was licensed for both and it's either in 357 Mag or 45 WinMag.

However there's a risk it's actually in 357-45 Grizzly WinMag (357 mag on the right), a snowflake round if there ever was one. I asked him to take a picture of the barrel markings but he won't be able to until later this week. Either way, for the price I paid I'm willing to gamble.

e:

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at Jan 24, 2018 around 20:54

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

357-45 Grizzly WinMag (357 mag on the right), a snowflake round if there ever was one.

Oh. My. Goooooooooooooooood!

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

New White Whale.

from: https://archive.org/stream/pistolre...00himm_djvu.txt

This is Fig. 16:

I think it's this thing: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...22-Match-Pistol also tossed the pictures on imgur to see them better: http://imgur.com/a/x9GPO

Walter Roper mentions it a number of times in his book...gushes over it rather.

They seem to have been a bespoke swiss target .22

My lust for such a thing knows no bounds.

Edit: Page 44 http://www.gunsmagazine.com/1959issues/G0259.pdf

hrrrrrng

This may be the beginning of a really unhealthy obsession.

One of these finally popped up.

The missus okayed the bidding for my birthday, so after a year and... something, I may be able to get a gun again. Assuming I can beat out anyone else bidding on it.

Edit, one of the Newton .22 High Velocity guns sold a while back, very different beast then the plain jane model I am looking at, but pretty drat cool to see the features:

http://jamesdjulia.com/item/3164-396/

Sixgun Strumpet fucked around with this message at Jan 24, 2018 around 17:05

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

One of these finally popped up.

The missus okayed the bidding for my birthday, so after a year and... something, I may be able to get a gun again. Assuming I can beat out anyone else bidding on it.

Edit, one of the Newton .22 High Velocity guns sold a while back, very different beast then the plain jane model I am looking at, but pretty drat cool to see the features:

http://jamesdjulia.com/item/3164-396/

holy poo poo, yeah

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

LGS has a .40cal BHP with the factory SFS system (which doesn't really do anything for me, except I like the C&S style slide release, I'd probably remove the SFS) for $600 and I'm more tempted by it than I should be. I've always wanted to build The Perfect BHP which involves starting with the .40 and converting it back to 9mm. You get a 2oz heavier slide and an extra vertical lug on the barrel (for 3, it looks weird), and I guess technically you could convert it to .357 Sig too, but I'm not sure how good that is from a longevity standpoint.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

You could also spring it as lightly as possible and run Trail Boss loads in its native .40

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Butch Cassidy posted:

You could also spring it as lightly as possible and run Trail Boss loads in its native .40

I'd keep the .40 barrel around in case ammopocalypse happens again but otherwise

Now, if you could convert one of these to 10mm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

7.65 Parabellum Hi Power sounds kinda groovy. Cera-coated with Lancia Stratos Alitalia livery. Heh, racegun.

«247 »