Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

A guy on canadian gun nutz (our unfortunately named gun forum) was selling one a few years back that was actually used for a few shots in the movie (Didn't have the laser obviously).

It was out of my price range but it would have been ridiculously cool to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

boxen posted:

Relevant bit is about 14 seconds in...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1hLe8rSir0

Apparently Surefire got paid in exposure:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2010/03/just-what-you-see-the-story-behind-the-45-long-slide-laser-siting/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Exposure as in a tiny credit at the end of the movie and the guy who made it got to say "Hey I made that!"

That article was basically about how they didn't get any anything out of it lol.

That is such an iconic gun though and man, when I was young (hell, even now) that gun looked like it was from the future.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

"Paid in exposure" is a sarcastic euphemism for doing work and not getting paid for your time and effort, particularly when who you're working for gets a tangible benefit, and especially when they try to convince you that merely being involved will somehow pay dividends later.

If you've ever been in an originals band, you've done gigs "for the exposure." If you record bands, then more than one has promised to pay you in exposure. (I've mainly heard this phrase in the musician sphere.)

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Um excuse me, they got a t shirt, sweatshirt and a hat.

Independence
Jul 11, 2006

L1A1, I wanna play that game tonight. I have been looking for one for quite a few years, MD banned FALs but Inch pattern are still legal. NZ parts kit, DSA receiver, it seems neat.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cyrano4747 posted:

Get one in .357 sig.

That sound you’ll hear after bringing it home will just be IR35 scratching at your door. Ignore him, maybe spray him some water if he’s persistent.

Her lovers queued up in the hallway
I heard them scratching at the door
I tried to tell her ‘bout Marx and Engels
God and angels, I don’t really know what for

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

tarlibone posted:

If you've ever been in an originals band, you've done gigs "for the exposure." If you record bands, then more than one has promised to pay you in exposure. (I've mainly heard this phrase in the musician sphere.)

Happens all the time in photography too. “Shoot our wedding for free; the exposure you’ll get is priceless!”

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Recently found a 12 gauge version of the browning cynergy euro sport, reminded me of a 20 gauge i was talked out of last year. Really wish i had bought it at the time.

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/shotguns/cynergy/discontinued/cynergy-euro-sporting.html

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

infrared35 posted:

Happens all the time in photography too. “Shoot our wedding for free; the exposure you’ll get is priceless!”

"How much could you drop your rate per day if I hired you full time?"

I didn't even get a quick jab in before three of my customers, who were in the room with us, started making fun of him. Stupidass.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

I want to get one of the new 6" Colt Pythons

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

RIP Blindsite
He Never Scored

Howa 1500 short in .223 in an oryx chassis

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sig Sauer Cross in .277 SIG FURY

Because novelty cartridges are apparently my thing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pardini GT9

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

What I want and what I can actually have are different. I personally would love to get my hands on one of the AEK variants, even if it was just semi-auto. Sadly this will never happen.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010

Dang dicknose don't tuck that money under your eyelids!

Pillbug

BubbaGrace posted:

What I want and what I can actually have are different.

I know that feeling all to well. It’s why I gravitate to pump and bolt actions for all the weird poo poo I buy.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

I want this, but not for the price it will end up going for. (It's hard wanting guns but also wanting to have money.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Wifi Toilet posted:

I want this, but not for the price it will end up going for. (It's hard wanting guns but also wanting to have money.)

Hoo boy, that's a beauty.

Is it copying a Colt Python, or is it the other way around? I thought that was a Python until I squinted at my phone.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Factory nickeled Smith & Wesson pre-27, I think.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hmm... let's see if this works again.

You should definitely buy one (and then bring it to a range somewhere close to Tampa Bay so I can shoot it)! YOLO.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

MrYenko posted:

Sig Sauer Cross in .277 SIG FURY

Because novelty cartridges are apparently my thing.

This but after they fix their issues with the Sig Cross.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Captain Log posted:

Is it copying a Colt Python, or is it the other way around?

It predates the Python by a solid twenty years.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Anyone in The Industry have an impression of what Walther's doing with their handguns right now? I've been waiting on a 5" PPQ M1 or 5" PPQ .22 to come in stock somewhere for going on eight months. I know things are hosed right now, but I'd think they'd have shipped some guns in that time.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I spoke with their US based operation on an unrelated matter, and apparently the German lockdown hit Walther hard. They're still catching up with back-orders at the moment. I think their focus has been on the flagship steel frame models, since that's what I've seen in stock when I've seen it.

A Q5 slide with a dot on a paddle release lower is awesome, and I highly support your decision.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I want all of the obscure, over-engineered European pistols right now. All of them

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Shooting Blanks posted:

I want all of the obscure, over-engineered European pistols right now. All of them

Yes, both new and old

http://www.laugoarms.com/alien.html

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I want a 3" heavy barrel, round butt Model 10. Because it's as close as I'll ever come to owning an FBI-spec Model 13.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

infrared35 posted:

I want a 3" heavy barrel, round butt Model 10. Because it's as close as I'll ever come to owning an FBI-spec Model 13.

If you don't mind hunting for it you can manage that relatively cheaply.

https://www.jgsales.com/smith-wesson-10-revolver,-38-special,-no-barrel,-round-butt,-gss,-cai-mark,-used,-s-w.-p-104679.html

Just need to find a barrel.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

infrared35 posted:

I didn't realize 3" round butt 13s were that hard to find

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Forum Hussy posted:

I didn't realize 3" round butt 13s were that hard to find

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Yes, please

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Phanatic posted:

Smith & Wesson 745.

Finally got one. It's not in my hands yet, but it's mine.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Phanatic posted:

Finally got one. It's not in my hands yet, but it's mine.

Literally fapping

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Along those same lines, I'm about to go fondle a 952 and see how it compares to my Novaks Custom 645 I posted a while back. I already know it's going to be my new white whale

update: yeah it's loving really nice. The dude has it on GB and expects it to go for $2500+, which puts it quite firmly out of my "will ever own one" range.

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 11, 2021

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Forum Hussy posted:

Along those same lines, I'm about to go fondle a 952 and see how it compares to my Novaks Custom 645 I posted a while back. I already know it's going to be my new white whale

update: yeah it's loving really nice. The dude has it on GB and expects it to go for $2500+, which puts it quite firmly out of my "will ever own one" range.

I can’t speak to a 952, but I can say that regular 52’s own bones.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I want a 52 bad, just because it's a goofy gun that is cool

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Dalaram posted:

I can’t speak to a 952, but I can say that regular 52’s own bones.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I want a 52 bad, just because it's a goofy gun that is cool

Yeah I pretty regularly regret not getting one a dozen years ago when they were like $700

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Ever since I saw that 52 slide converted to 9mm on a 59 frame I have wanted to get a 52, convert the upper to 9mm however the hell that guy did, and put it on a steel 39 frame and create and Gen 1 952 that never was but should have been. (I guess a 539 frame might be a little less insane. I wonder if the 52 slide can go on 2nd gen frames?)

Quickshanks fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 14, 2021

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Just got an offer to buy an Auto-5 Light for $550. W00t!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Still a Tikka T1x in .22lr with the 16.5” barrel. But left handed models still haven’t been imported to the states oh well.