Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

I just missed a chance to pick up an Automag III this week. Now I'm on the lookout for one to complete my 30 carbine collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.

ĎSup

https://www.armslist.com/posts/13143732/knoxville-tennessee-antiques-for-sale--1863-u-s--navy-cannon-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcl2uxtdkm6jxmk/cannonball.jpg

pipebomb fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 14, 2021

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Username/post jokes are passť but this is p on the nose.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

OMFG

A Ruger semi-auto .44 carbine... with a Fajen Mannlicher stock. Currently at $1750, which is a thousand dollars more than I have in my discretionary fund. But I have a new white whale.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/894613679

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Duct tape 2 10/22s together for a .44 semi auto voila!

Jokes aside that really looks like a 10/22...

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Seamonster posted:

Duct tape 2 10/22s together for a .44 semi auto voila!

Jokes aside that really looks like a 10/22...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/894648982

It is, just scaled up a bit. They're very cool

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

The model 44 ruger deerstalker came first and influenced the 10/22 so you are close but backwards.

Paul MaudDib
May 2, 2006

"Tell me of your home world, Usul"

the 77/44 and 77/357 are cool, I just wish it wasnít tied to that awful rotary magazine.

Not that the tube fed version is any better really, thatís some monkeys paw poo poo

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

my turn in the barrel posted:

The model 44 ruger deerstalker came first and influenced the 10/22 so you are close but backwards.

Wow did not know that. Upon futher googling, the 44 was Ruger's first long gun, period. Introduced just 3 years after the first .44 mag revolver and 5 years before the 10/22 - interesting stuff.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

infrared35 posted:

OMFG

A Ruger semi-auto .44 carbine... with a Fajen Mannlicher stock. Currently at $1750, which is a thousand dollars more than I have in my discretionary fund. But I have a new white whale.

DAMMIT.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying one of those when they were in production.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Yassss.

This thing looks brand new, I'm not sure it's even been fired. Spare mag came in the original wax paper.

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

Phanatic posted:

Yassss.

This thing looks brand new, I'm not sure it's even been fired. Spare mag came in the original wax paper.

Yo, that thing is sweet!

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Phanatic posted:

Yassss.

Dope, that thing looks great. I'd really like to get hands on one and see how it compares to my 645-in-745's-clothing

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

infrared35 posted:

OMFG

Holy shiiit

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

infrared35 posted:

OMFG

I live 10 miles from that shop, so if anyoneís going nuts on the bids and wants some eyes on it, let me know.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Just touch it, and I will shake your hand some day and bask in that thingís glory.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

If I win the lottery or something, a Shiloh Sharps with all the pretty options is going to be one of my first purchases.

https://shilohrifle.com/rifles/1874-sharps-rifle/

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

infrared35 posted:

OMFG

Jesus that's a thing of beauty and form.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/82/509/valmetfleming-firearms-m82-machine-gun

This weird loving thing. A class 3 full-auto Valmet M82.

"Introduced in Finland in 1978 and discontinued in 1986 after only roughly 2,000 being manufactured, and far fewer fully automatic variants. These carbines are essentially Valmet M76 internals, slightly reconfigured into a bullpup setup and encased in a polyurethane stock. They were initially intended to replace the "flimsy" folding weapons that were being carried by Finnish paratroopers. However, after minimal numbers being issued to troops, an issue with the rear sight hitting paratroopers in the face upon landing led to the carbine being discontinued after a short production run for U.S. import. This example was upgraded to full auto configuration by Fleming, with their markings concealed by the receiver cover. There are no visible import marks, and it displays standard markings and features. Magazine absent."

So loving cool. In no universe will I be able to afford it, but its so loving cool.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Looks cool, sure, but that thing won't even stop a 600 series.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Man, did they only import like a dozen of those Chiappa Triple Threats? The stupid things are going for $2500 or more on gunbroker. At that price, I'd rather keep a brace of Beretta 686s on hand for my Biden-approved home defense activities.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

They weren't cheap on import, like $1200 or so. But yeah sounds typical of a niche import.

ProdigalSon
Sep 15, 2003

CZ Shadow 2. But it is an unessential purchase, so I'll hold off for now.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

ProdigalSon posted:

CZ Shadow 2. But it is an unessential purchase, so I'll hold off for now.

I have one. It's pretty essential imo. Easily my favorite gun, and the one I shoot the most by a large factor.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Beretta is finally releasing the threaded version of their .22 Bobcat pistol and I may have to pick one up. I already have a .22 silencer and I want a cool, tiny pistol to go with it.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

I want something in 45-70 that can take modern loads and not eat itself. If I had the cash I would dump it on a Shiloh Sharps but the wife wants kids this year.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Bogon posted:

I want something in 45-70 that can take modern loads and not eat itself. If I had the cash I would dump it on a Shiloh Sharps but the wife wants kids this year.

What about a Browning BLR in 450 Marlin?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Trillhouse posted:

Beretta is finally releasing the threaded version of their .22 Bobcat pistol and I may have to pick one up. I already have a .22 silencer and I want a cool, tiny pistol to go with it.

Oh poo poo guess I'm buying one

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Walther released a new duty gun, the PDP. Is it too much to hope that they'll keep making the PPQ in all its variants for awhile? Or should I just give up on ever finding a 5" gun with a paddle mag release?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

They're phasing the PPQ out, and already discontinued the 5" upper conversion kit. I think you can still buy the slide and barrel separately by calling Walther directly. I don't think they ever did more than a handful of the Match Classics in the 'States, but it's a great setup. Love mine, it'll be great when I finally figure out a front sight height that works.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Trillhouse posted:

I have an older version of the Bobcat and itís hilarious. It would be even funnier with the flip-up barrel open and a can on the end.

I really want a bolt-action .223 for hunting, but wanting to go with a wood stock has made my options limited locally.

Also looking for a Marlin 1894M like my father-in-law has. I have a CZ512 in .22wmr but a bolt-action .22 mag would really be the ticket.

Shrieking Muppet
Jul 16, 2006

Bogon posted:

Buy it now while you still have the money

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Put it on the baby shower registry.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.

I want a red Mark IV Lite. Goddamned things arenít even on auction sites.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I have 32 guns and the Mark IV Lite is probably my favorite.

Keep your eyes open!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

pipebomb posted:

I want a red Mark IV Lite. Goddamned things arenít even on auction sites.

I love mine. I got it just before the pandemic went batshit insane and I hopped it up throughout last year.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have 32 guns and the Mark IV Lite is probably my favorite.

Keep your eyes open!

I have 30 and the 22/45 is in the top five for sure.

Hereís mine

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

It must be so boring.

Iíll give you my liver for it.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

I want any mk4 now. Goddamn it why do I have this thread bookmarked.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

Ophidian posted:

I want any mk4 now. Goddamn it why do I have this thread bookmarked.

Assuming this is still in stock when you read this, here's a black MK IV 22/45 lite in stock for $600.
I have that exact model and I want to say mine was around $450 roughly three years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Oh Iím not buying anything for a while. Too many home projects.