Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

I reckon I'd fancy a Sig P232 right about now. That'd do just nicely :cowboy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

wilfoy posted:

Oh fuuuuuck now I want that gun. Or a blued Colt Python

This thread is unhealthy.

you have no idea how badly I want a blued colt python but it's somewhere around "willing to fistfight the spacepope."

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

you have no idea how badly I want a blued colt python but it's somewhere around "willing to fistfight the spacepope."

I don't care that it needs a gunsmith after you sneeze on it the wrong way. It's the most aesthetically pleasing revolver ever designed.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

I don't care that it needs a gunsmith after you sneeze on it the wrong way. It's the most aesthetically pleasing revolver ever designed.

it boggles my loving mind that colt stopped making it

"sure we have this HUGE name cachet and basically have the market cornered on a factory pretty princess safe queen "luxury" revolver and plenty of history as a police revolver, let's stop making that."

literally water-on-the-brain retarded

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

wilfoy posted:

To: Sixgun Strumpet

gently caress YOU, rear end in a top hat, FOR SHOWING ME THIS

I really like how shiny it is. It's like it's nickle plated, only it's blued. What kind of finish is it?

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Aziraphale posted:

I really like how shiny it is. It's like it's nickle plated, only it's blued. What kind of finish is it?

In France they call it a Royale with Bleu

(It's Colt's Royal Blue finish. I think they still apply it to any gun you send to them, along with $$$.)

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

it boggles my loving mind that colt stopped making it

"sure we have this HUGE name cachet and basically have the market cornered on a factory pretty princess safe queen "luxury" revolver and plenty of history as a police revolver, let's stop making that."

literally water-on-the-brain retarded

Then they thought "Let's also sell 1911s with features that are 30 years behind competing brands and charge absurd amounts of money for them." The only reason they're still in business is their sole-source contract with the government for M4 carbines.

Aziraphale posted:

It was polished A LOT, then hot blued.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Aziraphale posted:

a super deep blue and didnt you have a ferret avatar like half an hour ago

wilfoy posted:

Then they thought "Let's also sell 1911s with features that are 30 years behind competing brands and charge absurd amounts of money for them." The only reason they're still in business is their sole-source contract with the government for M4 carbines.

FNH now makes M4s as well.

I want this so badly

True story when I first got into guns for real when I was about 17 or so, I really thought I'd only want handguns (and an M1 carbine). But I got distracted by the variety of amazing rifles in existence, especially AR15s and SCARs and M14s and FALs and that sort of thing. Lost sight of handguns, and focused on what rifles I'd like (many of which I could not have); imagined ARs I'd build.

Now, some years later, I have felt a strong re-emergence of my handgun desires. I have a .357 now; I've always wanted a Model 57 .41 Magnum like this one here because .41 Magnum is the MOST MAGICAL FAIRY QUEEN of them all.

Writing this made me remember the four different occasions I have tried and failed to buy a Colt Delta Elite, which I now want again.

Gtab fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 17, 2012

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

FNH now makes M4s as well.

All of the relevant patents have expired, but the DoD has maintained a sweetheart deal where Colt owns the rights to the M4 technical data package. That means that Colt gets a 5% royalty on every M4 that FN produces for the government.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

All of the relevant patents have expired, but the DoD has maintained a sweetheart deal where Colt owns the rights to the M4 technical data package. That means that Colt gets a 5% royalty on every M4 that FN produces for the government.

dang that's nice as heck for colt to stay barely afloat on a tide of ruined dreams and rear end in a top hat behavior

I want a loving mountain of suppressors in every possible caliber but I cannot have it because Canada

"because Canada" reminded me that I want these, too:

and this, to match my G17OD, but with bonus Super Duper Mags

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In 7.62x54r pretty please and thank you.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Gtab posted:

a super deep blue and didnt you have a ferret avatar like half an hour ago

I did, do you miss it?

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

OWLS! posted:

In 7.62x54r pretty please and thank you.

Is that a thing? Because it would be awesome.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Aziraphale posted:

I did, do you miss it?

given my history with avatars i just have sort of an eye for when they change

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

It is.

Here is a stream-of-consciousness period from the last twenty seconds:

Suppressors? God I want a Mk 22. Mod. 0, even though they have a slide safety:

Slide safety? Can't have it? Gotta be the ASP:

Too short to own though, reminding me of AUGGHGH I WANT YOU SO BADLY

I WANT YOU SO BADLY

I hope this thread helps accurately express the horrors of Canadian gun ownership.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

I want an ASP like whoa

daskrolator
Sep 11, 2001

sup.

Memento1979 posted:

Ruger Mark III pistol, blued finish. I want one for target shooting and because I think it would be sufficiently non-intimidating to get the wife to have a go at the range. But the and money needed to get a pistol license here in Australia puts me off.

Until I read the aussie part I was going to say I have one of those completely disassembled, fire control group and all, in a bag I haven't touched for 2 years. Tried to assemble it and couldn't, got a few friends to try, also no luck. Simply dismissed it for the most part.

I would love to have a Type 1 AK-47.

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***

Kriss, only because I don't own anything in .45

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

daskrolator posted:

Until I read the aussie part I was going to say I have one of those completely disassembled, fire control group and all, in a bag I haven't touched for 2 years. Tried to assemble it and couldn't, got a few friends to try, also no luck. Simply dismissed it for the most part.

Look that poo poo up on Youtube, dude.

e: or sell the bag o' parts to me and I'll look it up

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

I hope this thread helps accurately express the horrors of Canadian gun ownership.
On one hand, yeah, on the other hand,

Twelve inch barrels, unrestricted, gently caress the NFA and gently caress especially the glorious state of Indiana.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaD7E6A3YE

edit: the S&W, obviously

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

wilfoy posted:

This. Sell me your parts.

The Dog Griefer
Oct 6, 2008

*PKs a dog, takes its collar*

the perfect krink

at this moment I keep thinking SBRs + suppressors in general because they're within the realm of possibility but stupid expensive and a pain to procure

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

They're also quite rare and thus expensive

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Insane Totoro posted:

Why not?

It was a legit question. I was wondering what made you pick one over the other. The ACR seems to have more teething problems and failed promises. While the SCAR is swimming along happily like a big stupid looking fish.

daskrolator posted:

How much you want for the bag o' gun?

Also, going through my gun picture folder is always bad for me. This guy made a few bad choices, but overall it is a good gun.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 17, 2012

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Gtab posted:

There are only three double-action revolvers that a person should bother to buy as far as I am concerned:

- 4" GP-100

- 4" K-frame

- 3" K-frame

A 3" K-frame is just the loving definition of

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Winchester was contracted to make ~300,000 Model 1895s in '54R, complete with Mosin stripper clip guides, for the Russians during WWI. If you already have a Remington or NEW M91, you need one of these next.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

There's a whole bunch of guns I'd like to buy if I won the lottery or something but the only gun I want that I'd be willing to spend money on right now is a pre-lock 4" S&W 686.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Craptacular posted:

There's a whole bunch of guns I'd like to buy if I won the lottery or something

again?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Smith & Wesson is bringing back the 586, and while I haven't had a chance to handle one it really looks like the ideal double-action revolver for me.

I'm also not entirely sure why I still don't own even one Evil Roy.

hangedman
Dec 20, 2003

Fish out of water

Always. loving always.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Smith & Wesson is bringing back the 586, and while I haven't had a chance to handle one it really looks like the ideal double-action revolver for me.

I'm also not entirely sure why I still don't own even one Evil Roy.

S&W naming conventions are all kinds of hosed up, but isn't the 586 exactly the same as a 686 but with a blued finish?

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

I want a Sig Sauer P220 SAO:

but and I am trying to save up for LASIK and a wedding

edit: do they make these in 9mm?

HappyCapybaraFamily fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 17, 2012

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

wilfoy posted:

S&W naming conventions are all kinds of hosed up, but isn't the 586 exactly the same as a 686 but with a blued finish?

Yes.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

babby glock
AAC 7.62SD and half a dozen AAC 51T muzzle brakes in various threads
Springfield M1A plain model
handgun in 10mm that will not fall apart

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Gtab posted:

The ASP has the exact same slide safety as the Model 39... because it's made from a Model 39. It's only on the left side of the slide. This was way before companies started catering to lefty weirdos.

Also, that picture bugs me because the mag is sticking out.

But I would love to have an ASP as well.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I want one so badly

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

5.5" Vaquero in .357 Mag.

Working across from Cabela's is such a loving curse. Every time I want to grope something, there's one a hundred yards from my desk.

daskrolator
Sep 11, 2001

sup.

wilfoy posted:

poo poo I've spent more than 6 hours trying to get it assembled, watched dozens of youtube videos and read tons of how to guides. The time and frustration simply isn't worth it, if you want to buy it let me know.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Uncle Caveman's Ruger Redhawk. Because Redhawks are the best looking .44 Mag DA revolvers out there and goddamn in a blued finish they're gorgeous.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

shoognite posted:

Kriss, only because I don't own anything in .45

This is pretty much the only gun I've wanted because of seeing it in a video game. Sure it's kind of gimmicky but I bet the low bore access does actually let you just bullet-hose with .45ACP. Plus there's just something wonderful about as high-tech (both in practice and concept) a spacegun as possible using good old .45ACP.