Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«242 »
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Gtab posted:

if you figure out how to make that already preposterous magazine carry fifty rounds of .22LR you'd be a hero to hundreds or possibly even one thousand people.
Invent the .22LRC(enterfire)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

It's called 5.7mm

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Man destroys God.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Woman inherits the Earth

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

What's the estate tax like on that?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Woman is a powerful American corporation and therefore pays no taxes whatsoever.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Woman = powerful American corporation = pays no taxes = Romney.

Ah, now I see!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED,
and you are
OBSOLETE

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=280562762

I want this. Someone buy it so I can live vicariously through you.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=280562762

I want this. Someone buy it so I can live vicariously through you.

No, that's your job!

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

BaronW posted:

No, that's your job!

Too late! Now I can't agonize over bidding on it.

But no matter, I have another one to agonize over.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=281724443

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Too late! Now I can't agonize over bidding on it.

But no matter, I have another one to agonize over.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=281724443

BUY THIS YOU PIECE OF rear end

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

BUY THIS YOU PIECE OF rear end

I don't have all the monies. If I did I would, but I don't. So sadly, as insanely awesome as this may be, I cannot afford to buy it.

On another note, how do antique guns work in Canada? They are kind of awesome in the states

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I don't have all the monies. If I did I would, but I don't. So sadly, as insanely awesome as this may be, I cannot afford to buy it.

A pain I know all too well.

Collectors just added a Brun Latrige recently for $5k.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

My first thought was "where's the rest of it?". Cool little gun.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

They are really fascinating, impossible to find, and usually quite expensive. I've heard it said that it's technically the very first autoloader.

Here's some more info: http://www.littlegun.info/arme%20fr...atrige%20gb.htm

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

On another note, how do antique guns work in Canada? They are kind of awesome in the states

We can have ALL guns delivered to our door here so

But yes we have antiques/BPs that do not count as firearms and therefore require no troubles.

LifeSizePotato posted:

LifeSizePotato posted:

They are really fascinating, impossible to find, and usually quite expensive. I've heard it said that it's technically the very first autoloader.

These own so much

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

I have a re-occurring dream that I find a box of "grandpa's toy guns" at an estate sale that turns out to just contain guns of such wacky design the people selling them don't know they are even guns.

You guys know how in dreams things are what they are, but not really? Like your brain is filling in blanks in overly clever or insane ways. So a gun is a gun, but just weird and quirky.

I love that guns my dreaming brain can't even imagine actually do exist. The end of the 19th century spawned the most fascinating guns of all time.

operation_paperclip
Aug 26, 2010

At the risk of sounding pedestrian, I'd really like a DWM P.08 Luger, in my hand, right now. Instead, I have to wait until tomorrow.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

operation_paperclip posted:

At the risk of sounding pedestrian, I'd really like a DWM P.08 Luger, in my hand, right now. Instead, I have to wait until tomorrow.

Nothing pedestrian about a Luger, they are leader of the pack of flipper baby early automatics. They are a crazy, intricate, absurd, and awesome design that still managed to get into mass production.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In almost 14 years here I've never had my avatar changed by someone else, other than I was about 30th in line for a (frankly, rather uninspired) pony avatar. I feel left out.

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I have a re-occurring dream that I find a box of "grandpa's toy guns" at an estate sale that turns out to just contain guns of such wacky design the people selling them don't know they are even guns.

It was way before you reg'd here but there was a goon years ago who posted about this sheet metal toy gun that his parents let him play with as a kid. He was surprised when we told him it was a Liberator.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

LifeSizePotato posted:

Isn't this the gun previously posted with the sweet grips that had some dude on a bike shooting a dog?

Cause I want those grips, and if they come with this gun, that's cool too.

edit: Yesssssssss I remembered correctly:

Bonus double homicide:

This gun owns.

right arm fucked around with this message at Apr 12, 2012 around 08:44

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

Now that I've figured out how it's supposed to work, I'm all
I love early automatics.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

About once a month, I find myself pining for a Beretta 9000. The desire is strong today.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

that avatar was in poor taste, and you'll probably change this one anyway, but let's contribute a bit to lowtax's health insurance at least have something better for a small while

- scrooge mcduck

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

God, I would give my left nut, hand, and foot to land a job as a corporate historian for someone like S&W. It would pretty much be the perfect merger of all my hobbies and all my academic interests.

I mean, I no-bullshit love teaching, but I would throw that poo poo over the side so goddamned fast.

operation_paperclip posted:

Holding a luger in my hand while I type this post. Why yes, I'm very good at typing one-handed, why do you ask?

my wife calls it my "thinking pistol" due to my habit of brandishing it while writing

Currently I desperately want a G41(M). I actually had one get away from me about a year ago now and that fucker has been haunting my dreams ever since. gently caress me for not having the money on hand back then.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

Can I get a USPc 9mm with a SAO trigger and ambidextrous safety? Because that's what I want RIGHT NOW.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Can I get a USPc 9mm with a SAO trigger and ambidextrous safety? Because that's what I want RIGHT NOW.

Haven't ever seen an SAO USPc.

operation_paperclip
Aug 26, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Holding a luger in my hand while I type this post. Why yes, I'm very good at typing one-handed, why do you ask?

my wife calls it my "thinking pistol" due to my habit of brandishing it while writing

Well, that's one immediate want satisfied. I just bought a 1916 DWM, most parts matching except the trigger, side plate, and locking bolt/takedown lever; grips are unnumbered black plastic and the magazine appears unnumbered, but has a wooden base. Definitely more of a shooter than a collector's piece, but it's my first Luger and it cost me $450 out the door, so I'm really happy with it.

I can totally see why you'd brandish it while writing. Something about the thing just screams to be picked up and handled. The heft, the way the grip feels in your hand, the grooved area above the trigger that is the perfect place to rest your index finger, the smooth way the slide and frame fit together, goddamn do I love this thing.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

The Automator posted:

Easy, just don't use the decocker.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

I want them to make this model in 5.45x39

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Crosspost from the photothread:

Evans lever-action repeating rifle. The entire buttstock is a helical magazine.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

The Automator posted:

Goddamn HK. Why won't they give us what we want? (I know the answer is that the company exists to troll consumers, but still I ask)

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

Crosspost from the photothread:

Evans lever-action repeating rifle. The entire buttstock is a helical magazine.

I've held one of these.

It is as thoroughly awesome as you imagine it to be.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I held, fondled, and drooled over one for about twenty minutes during the winter. It was just a few hundred out of my price-range or it would have come home with me. It just felt so right in my hands.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

I held, fondled, and drooled over one for about twenty minutes during the winter. It was just a few hundred out of my price-range or it would have come home with me. It just felt so right in my hands.

I've only ever seen one, and I don't recall it being for sale at the time.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was that one during the winter going for?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

It was around $1,000 (maybe a bit more) and was in far better shape than the one in the picture I posted. It was also the rifle length rather than the carbine, but did have the dustcover*.

* Which moves back when you work the lever and closes when you close the lever.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Goddamn HK. Why won't they give us what we want? (I know the answer is that the company exists to troll consumers, but still I ask)

V9 or 10 guns are effectively SAO, considering you can't decock, and once you load a round the hammer is cocked with no way to drop it but fire. Install a match trigger kit (in a full size gun) and you're looking at what's basically a very decent single action, polymer handgun.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

The Automator posted:

V9 or 10 guns are effectively SAO, considering you can't decock, and once you load a round the hammer is cocked with no way to drop it but fire. Install a match trigger kit (in a full size gun) and you're looking at what's basically a very decent single action, polymer handgun.

V9/V10 is greek to me, my sissy hands require the tender lady's handshake of the compact grip, and I can't afford one anyway, but thanks for pointing out that at least I can dream...

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

V9/V10 is greek to me, my sissy hands require the tender lady's handshake of the compact grip, and I can't afford one anyway, but thanks for pointing out that at least I can dream...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

This loving gun.

I don't know what it is. I don't know where to get it. I don't know what it would cost.

I know that I want it.

«242 »