Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Cucaracha posted:

I'm guessing that eagle is done at factory, considering it's the Navy SWO insignia. Pretty nifty piece

it was and he knows what it is; he was being sarcastic. how do you join a humor forum yet be unable to glean these cues from text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

TATPants posted:

- if you had ~1000 to buy a unique pistol, what would you buy (this instant)?

Everyone who knows me knows the answer

Juice
Jun 19, 2002

This is the correct answer

Cucaracha
Nov 22, 2007

Gtab posted:

it was and he knows what it is; he was being sarcastic. how do you join a humor forum yet be unable to glean these cues from text?

I just really really wanted to post something. I'm super lonely.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Oh my. That is pretty.

I really need a wheelgun.

Content for the thread: Any gun. Really. I miss shooting.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Cucaracha posted:

Other thing about that gun is that it's sure not going to go for $1000. He originally listed it a few months ago with a buy-it-now of $10k. I think it once got bid up to $3 or 4k, and it still hadn't hit the reserve. It's destined to be one of those auctions that you just ignore because it's been relisted for 2 years.

As for what I want this instant, I'd like Sauer's first cartridge pistol, the Bär. Very few made in the early 1900s, shot a proprietary cartridge similar to 25acp. The flat "cylinder" held 4 rounds. You shoot round #1 through the top barrel, and the firing pin rotates to shoot round #2 on the bottom. Then you spin the cylinder to get to rounds 3 and 4 in position.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Cucaracha posted:

would you like to play Borderlands 2 with me next week? that would be nice, friend.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Oh, gently caress me.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Welp.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Seriously. Those mags are more than $300 each nowadays. And he's got the magnetic magazine pouch.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

You have one in 9mm already, right? Or your dad or someone?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

LifeSizePotato posted:

You have one in 9mm already, right? Or your dad or someone?

My dad's got one, or at least he used to. I haven't seen it in probably twenty years.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

BUY THAT GUN RIGHT NOW YOU AMERICAN PIECES OF poo poo

THEN LET ME SHOOT IT

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Beautiful gun, I do need a wheel gun.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Jesus...I'll probably be bidding on that ASP. Thanks for linking it, jerk, I'm supposed to not spend money for awhile.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

.308 ARs never really did much for me. Then it just...clicked.

http://www.autoweapons.com/photos11/jan/fdereprsbr.html

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Propagandalf posted:

.308 ARs never really did much for me. Then it just...clicked.

http://www.autoweapons.com/photos11/jan/fdereprsbr.html

So...if you're going to get a side-charging, iron-sighted .308 rifle, why not a FAL?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

IuniusBrutus posted:

So...if you're going to get a side-charging, iron-sighted .308 rifle, why not a FAL?

or a G3

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

...by which, you mean FAL.

Roller delay, stamped receiver is more problems than solutions for launching .308

This is some sort of trap, isn't it

Not Nipsy Russell fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2012 around 03:10

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

IuniusBrutus posted:

Because I just sort of generally want a FAL, not particularly at this instant.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

My birthday came this week. Girlfriend asked me for what I wanted. I told her I would like a Browning Hi-Power (Belgian version OK) or a Desert Eagle .44 Israeli made version.

This is what I got

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

That's a pretty awesome birthday present. My girlfriend just bought me a year's worth of membership to a local shooting range. I'm very excited.

While the .22s I posted for her haven't come to fruition yet, I did get a bite on one of the trades I had posted.

One of these with uglier grips:

Hirimatsu
Sep 17, 2012

Lately I've been wanting a matching set of these for Cowboy action shooting (SASS anyone?)

Hirimatsu fucked around with this message at Sep 17, 2012 around 05:17

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

R-Type posted:

My birthday came this week. Girlfriend asked me for what I wanted. I told her I would like a Browning Hi-Power (Belgian version OK) or a Desert Eagle .44 Israeli made version.

This is what I got

I would love the poo poo out of a gifted Desert Eagle and would never sell it. .44 MAG is the best caliber to get one in because it is a large cartridge that is generally available.

The DE is one of those guns which is so goddamned dumb but also awesome at the same time. Enjoy it.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

I really, really want one of these. It seems like a better plan than a .22lr upper or one of the various .22lr 1911s. None of the 22/45 models with removable grip panels are California-approved yet, though. The other ones aren't even eligible because handguns with threaded barrels are verboten.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Clapping Larry

That is legitimately the third time that exact image has been linked in this thread. So many unmet wants

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Or a SCAR

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Getting a 2-inch model 10 tomorrow.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

A .22lr slide for my G34

So i can pew pew to my hearts content and not worry about ammo costs

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

KEEP THE FORUMS AND LOWTAX ON LIFE SUPPORT https://www.patreon.com/
GamingGarbage

Currently I am continuing to lust after tiny, short rifles. We're talking stubby as gently caress SBRs that have folding stocks. The sort of thing you can throw in a messenger bag, but still shoulder like a somewhat normal rifle.

On the way opposite end of the spectrum I've also gotten into old military sniper rifles recently. I couldn't give two fucks about whatever the USMC or police or other serious business long range shooters are using right now, but I got some trigger time on an old, legit m91/30 sniper and old low power glass + old tuned bolt action = for me right now.

Both of those are disturbingly expensive things to flirt with.

Oh yeah, and G36s. I'm getting a bit tempted to buy one of those HK neutered gray abortions and try to un-gently caress it. Why? hosed if I know, sometimes my brain doesn't work right.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Cyrano4747 posted:

Currently I am continuing to lust after tiny, short rifles. We're talking stubby as gently caress SBRs that have folding stocks. The sort of thing you can throw in a messenger bag, but still shoulder like a somewhat normal rifle.

Oh yeah, and G36s. I'm getting a bit tempted to buy one of those HK neutered gray abortions and try to un-gently caress it. Why? hosed if I know, sometimes my brain doesn't work right.

Combine these two and I've been dealing with this exact jonesing for a couple of years now. Sadly, I went back to school at around the same time, so the only time I've had enough for this all together was when I was on my way to pay my tuition.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

KEEP THE FORUMS AND LOWTAX ON LIFE SUPPORT https://www.patreon.com/
GamingGarbage

Internet Wizard posted:

Combine these two and I've been dealing with this exact jonesing for a couple of years now. Sadly, I went back to school at around the same time, so the only time I've had enough for this all together was when I was on my way to pay my tuition.

Goddamn you.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Germ...Kit-Used-p8.htm

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I always thought the G36 charging handle was cool as hell. I have no idea why as usually I am opposed to ambi-poo poo because I believe it just encourages left handed mutants in thinking they are people too.

FLAKPANZER
Sep 17, 2012

I'd love to get my hands on a Fulton Armory M14.

I used to have a Springfield M1A with a lot of USGI parts, but traded it away for other gun stuff, and have regretted it ever since.

Pie-in-the-sky - will never happen - dream rifle would be an FG42, though.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

On the plus side, magpul is making magazines for the G36, so you wont get $raped on those.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Just wanna say me, Internet Wizard, and the most of the yoopgroup got to shoot G43's real G36k last year and it was pretty

The AKSU was better though.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I miss G43

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I don't care how stupid and impractical those folding AR stocks are, I would use the gently caress out of one on an SBR. Some day I will have a super stubby stubby SBR...

Gun I want right this instant? That one. That one right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Cyrano4747 posted:

On the way opposite end of the spectrum I've also gotten into old military sniper rifles recently. I couldn't give two fucks about whatever the USMC or police or other serious business long range shooters are using right now, but I got some trigger time on an old, legit m91/30 sniper and old low power glass + old tuned bolt action = for me right now.

Both of those are disturbingly expensive things to flirt with.

You rang?

«257 »