Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Naramyth posted:

Just wanna say me, Internet Wizard, and the most of the yoopgroup got to shoot G43's real G36k last year and it was pretty

The AKSU was better though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n5CgUwZ23A

My first ever experience with full-auto.

G43 seems like a cool guy, but secretly he's a monster for showing me how rad that gun is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Thanks to the photo thread:

Gwamp posted:

Handi-rifle in S&W .500 with an old school aimpoint mounted on it.

Except in .460S&W.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Menz PB Spezial, how I lust for thee.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=305973669

1000 made for one year in 1930s Germany. Here's a description:

quote:

Starting with the Menz PB pistol loaded but uncocked, a long pull of the trigger cocks the exposed hammer. When the trigger is released, it returns to a mid-position marked for easy visual identification by an unusual contour on the bottom of the trigger guard. This renders the pistol ready for a single-action first shot. While this system does not have the advantage of full double-action, it allows an accurate first shot which is difficult to achieve with trigger-cocking arms. The Menz Spezial Modell is a combination-caliber arm. It could, according to factory literature, be had in cal. .32 ACP with recoil spring and barrel conversion kits for cal. .380ACP as wellas for a special cal. .22 center-fire. The latter kit was proposed but apparently never produced. Menz pistols were also sold under the Bergmann Erben trade name. The total number of Spezial Modells sold under both names was apparently less than 1000 as all known serial numbers are in the 3000 range.

Here are the needlessly complicated insides:

Broken ones sell for about $1800 at auction houses.

(Of course, in accordance with my luck, this nice one was listed for sale on a random PA classifieds for a relatively decent price a couple weeks ago, and I missed it. Now it's on GB. My only hope is that the Gunbroker crowd are busy buying up black rifles for Obama's upcoming gun ban and won't notice this generic old German clunker...)

LifeSizePotato fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2012 around 00:55

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

A .22lr slide for my G34

So i can pew pew to my hearts content and not worry about ammo costs
I would very much like one of these too for squeezing in more USPSA practice.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I have exactly the gun I want right now.

These days I lust over PARTS (that make my MP-5 dakkadakkadakka). A DLO box is hopefully in my future.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2012 around 01:53

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

R-Type posted:

My birthday came this week. Girlfriend asked me for what I wanted. I told her I would like a Browning Hi-Power (Belgian version OK) or a Desert Eagle .44 Israeli made version.

This is what I got

What up .44 DE buddy?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Warbadger posted:

A DLO box is hopefully in my future.

Did you get the one that was advertised recently, from a guy nicknamed SigX in Michigan?

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Craptacular posted:

Did you get the one that was advertised recently, from a guy nicknamed SigX in Michigan?

No, but I'm looking again so if there's deals pass them my way!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Warbadger posted:

These days I lust over PARTS (that make my MP-5 dakkadakkadakka). A DLO box is hopefully in my future.

You're a monster, too. You know that, right?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Warbadger posted:

God drat this thing is awesome.

Personally I want a Krink like you wouldn't believe, but no SBRs here in WA.

Hirimatsu
Sep 17, 2012

OMG Yes ^_^

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I'm pretty sure I want a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser action in a Mannlicher stock... Is this a realistic idea for < $2k?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

NovemberMike posted:

I'm pretty sure I want a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser action in a Mannlicher stock... Is this a realistic idea for < $2k?

Not an original factory gun no. Probably more like 4-6 grand if you could even find one based on what I have seen.

If you had one made? Probably. Start with a cheap hosed over sporter gun and drop 1900 on a smith to put a peep or scope on it and a custom stock. I'm not sure who you would have do the work, but I think you should certainly go ahead and get this done posthaste.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

This is actually starting to sound like a good idea...

EDIT: Does this guy seem reasonable for a mannlicher stock?
http://claudegatewood.com/html/services.html

Hmm, looks like he's shady.

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at Sep 18, 2012 around 19:53

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

NovemberMike posted:

This is actually starting to sound like a good idea...

EDIT: Does this guy seem reasonable for a mannlicher stock?
http://claudegatewood.com/html/services.html

I think reasonable is up to you. Keep in mind that you will never get the money back out of a gun you have customized. So if you do this it's all about exactly what you want to keep for the rest of your life.

I expect you might want to talk to him about fitting it to you, I would guess he does that.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I think reasonable is up to you. Keep in mind that you will never get the money back out of a gun you have customized. So if you do this it's all about exactly what you want to keep for the rest of your life.

I expect you might want to talk to him about fitting it to you, I would guess he does that.

Oh yeah, I have no intention of making money off of any of it. If I do this it will essentially be a sunk cost. Obama mania isn't going to help the prices of old man rifles.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

KEEP THE FORUMS AND LOWTAX ON LIFE SUPPORT https://www.patreon.com/
GamingGarbage

NovemberMike posted:

Oh yeah, I have no intention of making money off of any of it. If I do this it will essentially be a sunk cost. Obama mania isn't going to help the prices of old man rifles.

If it's anything like last time it will actually push them down. A lot of old man rifles and non-threatening looking milsurp sold for really reasonable prices back in '08 as people scrambled to find enough cash for a crate of AR lowers and a pallet of promags.

Me, I'm hoping it happens again so I can score some sweet, sweet discount grandpa guns.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

If it's anything like last time it will actually push them down. A lot of old man rifles and non-threatening looking milsurp sold for really reasonable prices back in '08 as people scrambled to find enough cash for a crate of AR lowers and a pallet of promags.

Me, I'm hoping it happens again so I can score some sweet, sweet discount grandpa guns.

I was going to post this.

I think this last show I was at was the start of pushing these guns down in cost. I normally wouldn't have had a chance at these deals except that the guys who buy low sell astronomical are all out of spare cash or focusing on ARs/AKs/etc.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I might just see about grabbing a Swedish Mauser if the prices are low and see about making this a longer term thing. Replacing the stock should be non-destructive, right?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

CZ550FS in 6.5

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

priznat posted:

CZ550FS in 6.5

That's my backup if this is unreasonable, but a special unicorn gun would be so much cooler.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

this

plus time and this

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

oh no you didnt

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Is there a source for 9x39 cases, or do you have to neck up 7.62 cases?

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Uncle Caveman posted:

Is there a source for 9x39 cases, or do you have to neck up 7.62 cases?

Currently no we'll have to neck up 7.62 and either form or fireform the body as the case taper is shallower to allow for more case volume.

9x39

7.62x39

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

So how are you gonna make the crazy little piston system

This is so much better an idea for what to do with those receiver blanks than I had, goddamn.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

So how are you gonna make the crazy little piston system

This is so much better an idea for what to do with those receiver blanks than I had, goddamn.

crazy little piston system?

Edit: Are you thinking about the funky silenced underwater rounds the Russians came up with?

shalafi4 fucked around with this message at Sep 19, 2012 around 14:14

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=304843806

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GamingGarbage

Ugh, literally the only lever action that I'm interested in owning. I've never even seen one up for auction before.

Seriously, goddamn. That price is actually lower than I figured it would be, too.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Dang, never seen one in x54r with a full stock.

I still want a Carbine:

Winchester (so probably Miroku) did a run of them in 2006 for the 30-06 centennial.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

shalafi4 posted:

crazy little piston system?

Edit: Are you thinking about the funky silenced underwater rounds the Russians came up with?

gently caress, I mixed up SP3 and SP6, ignore me

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

Seriously, goddamn. That price is actually lower than I figured it would be, too.

Probably because it's been sporterized.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Sperglord Actual posted:

Or something, its really strange. Would be something to get a letter on from Winchester probably.

If it has been sporterized it was very well done.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

shalafi4 posted:

this

plus time and this

Here's where I look like an idiot and ask what is going on with this. I have a feeling I should be fapping myself raw, but why?

Edit: Also, I've kind of been wanting a Jericho 941 lately for some reason. Chrome finish, with a frame mounted safety and some wood grips, please.

LifeSizePotato fucked around with this message at Sep 19, 2012 around 17:23

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GamingGarbage

Sperglord Actual posted:

Ah yeah, that's a pitty about the sights.

Also, holy gently caress some rear end in a top hat scored one in better condition for $870.

You would need to have a new upper handguard made, but that's pretty good shape for one of those.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

LifeSizePotato posted:

Here's where I look like an idiot and ask what is going on with this. I have a feeling I should be fapping myself raw, but why?
He's planning to make an AK in 9x39.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

^^^--- link above

LifeSizePotato posted:

I've already made one AK and I have the equipment to make the brass for a 9x39 rifle... why wouldn't I want to make a rifle in a cartridge that the weapons it uses are under an export ban and the cartridge is specifically designed for silenced uses?

tl;dr because I can

also if the build goes relatively smoothly there's discussion about us applying for a small arms manufacturing FFL (I think it's a 07?) and making some of these for sale.

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

Ah yeah, that's a pitty about the sights.

The sights, the barrel, the stock, and the missing stripper clip guides, you mean.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

shalafi4 posted:

^^^--- link above

I've already made one AK and I have the equipment to make the brass for a 9x39 rifle... why wouldn't I want to make a rifle in a cartridge that the weapons it uses are under an export ban and the cartridge is specifically designed for silenced uses?

tl;dr because I can

also if the build goes relatively smoothly there's discussion about us applying for a small arms manufacturing FFL (I think it's a 07?) and making some of these for sale.

Oh yeah, I wasn't wondering why you'd do it, I actually just had no idea what it was. Particularly that shiny metal thing which I now presume is an AK receiver?

Other gun I want this instant:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=293894867

Serial number THREE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

I wonder how much it would cost to make an integrally-suppressed Mosinchester in 9x39.

«257 »