Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«242 »
elgrapadora
Jan 27, 2009

Thank you. My English is poor at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I have one in .44 magnum. It may be ugly, but it is a great gun. Very smooth action, shoots great, never a problem with it. I plan to eventually get it integrally suppressed.

How sturdy is the lever? It looks a little thin or flimsy around that hinge.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

elgrapadora posted:

Thank you. My English is poor at times.

we elevate each other, my friend. together, we are better than we are alone.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Gtab posted:

we elevate each other, my friend. together, we are better than we are alone.

The -est of Gtab posts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Oh I definitely would ask. It is kind of hilarious how detail free some for sale postings are. This one did have a picture but it was thumbnail sized.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

QuarkMartial posted:

How sturdy is the lever? It looks a little thin or flimsy around that hinge.

Uh.

I'm 100% sure there has never been a sturdier lever action built.

The thing that you don't get in these pictures is what a fatty this thing is, its really really wide.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Today I want a Dan Wesson valor, flintlock rifle and an original Marlin 45-70 guide gun

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

An open-bolt machine pistol in .25ACP.

more here

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

more here

yeeeeeeeeep

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Right now I want to finish paying off my Marlin Mountie so I can take it home and peep sight the fuuuuck out of it.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

more here

This is the kind of thing I've been thinking about for a long time. I was originally thinking something along the lines of an old school MAC-10 with like a 70-round mag of .25 ACP. A Beretta 93R would be cool, too. MP-5 with a hundred-round stick mag?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

infrared35 posted:

This is the kind of thing I've been thinking about for a long time. I was originally thinking something along the lines of an old school MAC-10 with like a 70-round mag of .25 ACP. A Beretta 93R would be cool, too. MP-5 with a hundred-round stick mag?

everything to do with this

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Totally TWISTED posted:

The -est of Gtab posts.
Gtab raises all posts

elgrapadora
Jan 27, 2009

priznat posted:

Oh I definitely would ask. It is kind of hilarious how detail free some for sale postings are. This one did have a picture but it was thumbnail sized.

Its one thing to post in a for sale ad in a paper print, limited by character. But on the internet, its not like the service provider chargers per character..I guess some people just don't understand how selling things works

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...

Grimey Drawer

I really really want a S&W shield. That's all I've got to say.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

It's a beautiful day in GRORIOUS NIPPON

Fun Shoe

IRC chat turned to wheelguns, and I remembered I want this:

No-dashhyphen * Smith & Wesson 586 with 6" barrel. The one above sold on Calguns.net a few months ago, and it is pretty much exactly what I want.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

I want something that doesn't exist: A big, ugly, blocky pistol firing a fat, straight walled shell(think .454 Casull) with a 10 round magazine in front of the trigger.

Basically I want a goddamned Bolter to get my nerd on .

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MohawkSatan posted:

I want something that doesn't exist: A big, ugly, blocky pistol firing a fat, straight walled shell(think .454 Casull) with a 10 round magazine in front of the trigger.

Saiga-12 should have you covered?

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Rhandhali posted:

Saiga-12 should have you covered?

I'm Canadian. No Saigas for us

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Uncle Caveman posted:

Right now I want to finish paying off my Marlin Mountie so I can take it home and peep sight the fuuuuck out of it.

Hey so I know this is a SUPER remote chance like holy poo poo unbelievably remote but if you ever wanna offload that thing, holla at me

so loving jealous

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Hey so I know this is a SUPER remote chance like holy poo poo unbelievably remote but if you ever wanna offload that thing, holla at me

so loving jealous

Henry makes a sort of similar lever action .22 that's pretty readily available if you are dying to have a lever action .22 right now for under 600 dollars.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MohawkSatan posted:

I'm Canadian. No Saigas for us

What about like a Remington 1100 or other semiauto sporting type shotgun? I'm sure there's a clever way to jury rig something like that to take a home made detachable magazine.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MohawkSatan posted:

gently caress that, I want a scaled-up C96 in some stupid big caliber now.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Rhandhali posted:

What about like a Remington 1100 or other semiauto sporting type shotgun? I'm sure there's a clever way to jury rig something like that to take a home made detachable magazine.

We're legally limited to 5 round magazines in shotguns and rifles(except rimfire and manually operated actions). Unless there's a pistol version of the rifle that uses the same magazines, in which case we can have 10 rounders.

That right there is the only reason we can have 10 round magazines for AR platform rifles.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

gently caress that, I want a scaled-up C96 in some stupid big caliber now.

NOW YOU KNOW MY PAIN, but seriously, a C96 in .454 Casull, .30 Carbine, or whatever your elephant-fucker round of choice is (like .411 Magnum: .338 Winchester necked up to .411)

Edit: I should probably ad that the .411 is a family wildcat. Dad had a single rifle rebarreled for it when he was still guiding in far northern BC/southern Yukon.

MohawkSatan fucked around with this message at Nov 13, 2012 around 17:14

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Oh sweet jesus a C96 that takes M1 Carbine mags.

I need this.

gently caress you MD assault pistol laws I NEED THIS

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

that avatar was in poor taste, and you'll probably change this one anyway, but let's contribute a bit to lowtax's health insurance at least have something better for a small while

- scrooge mcduck

The C96 is an utterly antiquated design that has many significant flaws and which would make for a really crap gun if up-calibered like that.

The fact that the barrel is part of the frame (not pinned to it, an actual physical part of the frame) and that hefty rifle-ish rounds like that would cause hilarious levels of throat and muzzle erosion relative to pistol calibers comes to mind right off the bat, though. Have fun buying a new pistol when you shoot out that barrel after a couple thousand rounds!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

this avatar is brought to you by the campaign to pay lowtax's medical bills since 1999
Keep the lights on in this dead gay forum

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

The C96 is an utterly antiquated design that has many significant flaws and which would make for a really crap gun if up-calibered like that.

The fact that the barrel is part of the frame (not pinned to it, an actual physical part of the frame) and that hefty rifle-ish rounds like that would cause hilarious levels of throat and muzzle erosion relative to pistol calibers comes to mind right off the bat, though. Have fun buying a new pistol when you shoot out that barrel after a couple thousand rounds!

If we're going to go to the trouble of rebuilding a pistol to accept 30 carbine and M1 magazines then we could probably also design it with replaceable barrels.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

cyranowned

This is truth. I think Maze and myself are thinking more of the looks of the C96, rather than the actual function. In other words, something completely original that doesn't exist.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cyrano4747 posted:

cyranowned

My... my dreams.

Crushed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I smell a kickstarter!!

Wait, no, I had just stepped in something *scrape*

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

priznat posted:

I smell a kickstarter!!

Wait, no, I had just stepped in something *scrape*

I'll start the wiki

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

.600 Nitro Express.

Jesus H mother of gently caress you need a cyber arm to shoot it, however.

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

R-Type posted:

.600 Nitro Express.

Jesus H mother of gently caress you need a cyber arm to shoot it, however.

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

That just looks unpleasant.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Rhandhali posted:

That just looks unpleasant.

No, it just looks awesome. I would prefer it in .458 Win mag however, much more available round. Plus I expect you could actually shoot it off hand with .458 win mag.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

How much unburnt powder does that thing waste every shot? I bet it makes one hell of a fireball.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Aren't most, if not all, of the cartridges bigger than .50 blackpowder?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

QuarkMartial posted:

.600 Nitro Express isn't, that's why it's called that. They used cordite instead of black powder.

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

All Praise Be to Wentz

QuarkMartial posted:

That's mostly due to non-sporting guns over .50 being destructive devices. Besides crazy Safari guns nothing is really chambered in above .50 besides bp guns....which are used to shoot down helicopters.

I may be mixing things up but there is a reason besides cost and reason/logic you can have a .700 Nitro Express Hunting Rifle, but not some AR chambered in it.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

think of the children shoulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Gun I want this instant: belt-fed .700NE AR15

«242 »