Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

"Wouldn't want to see an angry turtle with a gun, would ya? "

Well...

Mad Dragon posted:

Giant loving laser.

No, that's what the evil Cuban assassins would have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

I can see the resemblance. They have the same sort of roundy aesthetic going on.
Makes it hard for me to take the Linda seriously. Also the fact that it's called Linda.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.cajungunworks.com/guns_for_sale.html

Cajun Gun Works CZ-97"BE"

* SAO Conversion
* Newer models with the updated feed-ramp
* New CGW Short Reset System
* Race Hammer Kit with new Billet sear
* All new springs
* All new pins and screws
* CGW sight set with F/O front sight
* Accurized with 1911 match barrel bushing
* Shadow extended manual safety, fitted
* Hand tuned, titanium ice crisp 3.3 lb SA
* In the box with all paperwork
$1,200

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

What's titanium ice?

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

What's titanium ice?

The solid form of Ti, instead of the liquid form, of course.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

What's titanium ice?

It's like black ice, that terrible air freshener that's popular in NYC.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

I can see the resemblance. They have the same sort of roundy aesthetic going on.
Makes it hard for me to take the Linda seriously. Also the fact that it's called Linda.

Oh man, I want one of those little disc guns again. I loved those things as a kid. My parents hated them.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My neighbor when I was a kid had one and his could shoot Pennies to inflict extra pain. Were they all like that?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Basticle posted:

My neighbor when I was a kid had one and his could shoot Pennies to inflict extra pain. Were they all like that?

I never thought to shoot pennies. I don't imagine they'd go very fast or far, it was a very simple and relatively weak mechanism.

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

What's titanium ice?

It's a for people who can afford a little more than the Steel Reserve trigger.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

Basticle posted:

Every one I ever had could shoot pennies.

Bummey posted:

I never thought to shoot pennies. I don't imagine they'd go very fast or far, it was a very simple and relatively weak mechanism.

You'd be quite surprised. Hurt like hell too, as I recall.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Bummey posted:

Sounds like time for a spring kit.

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Well crap. This...

...is why We Don't Go to the Pawnshop in Ponder's Corner on our lunchbreak.

Not the gun I want right now. But dammit, the price seemed right, I kind of like the Dreyse for the goofy special orphan that it is, and I have very little self-control.

Oh. Well. One more for the C&R book.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

Fun Shoe

Well crap. This...

Not the gun I want right now. But dammit, the price seemed right, I kind of like the Dreyse for the goofy special orphan that it is, and I have very little self-control.

Which pawn shop? I only go into Pawnbrokers Northwest anymore.

The Flipperbaby
Jun 21, 2012

"hey man, wanna see a M3 Grease Gun made entirely out of BUTT-FUCKING CLOUDS?! Shazaam!"

My uncle, a lifelong collector of German (mostly Nazi) militaria, passed away last year. My aunt does is trying to sell off his collection but feels entirely out of her element as she has no knowledge of the stuff. Among many other things, he had a transferable MP40.

I want that MP40.

PS: I'm not trying to sound like a picker-over of bones.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Flipperbaby posted:

My uncle, a lifelong collector of German (mostly Nazi) militaria, passed away last year. My aunt does is trying to sell off his collection but feels entirely out of her element as she has no knowledge of the stuff. Among many other things, he had a transferable MP40.

I want that MP40.

see if you can pay your aunt fair market for the gun over time

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Well crap. This...

Wakka Wakka!

Is that gun parked?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

The Flipperbaby posted:

My uncle passed away last year. he had a transferable MP40.

I want that MP40.

I'd pick over the still warm bones of my mother for an MP 40. Pick away.

The Flipperbaby
Jun 21, 2012

"hey man, wanna see a M3 Grease Gun made entirely out of BUTT-FUCKING CLOUDS?! Shazaam!"

Miso Beno posted:

see if you can pay your aunt fair market for the gun over time

That's pretty much what I said; in addition to sorting out my departed uncle's vast collection for her, I'd gladly enter into an illegal 20 year span of indentured servitude. Realistically, I'd offer her what I can, but would most definitely not wish to take advantage of her or the situation.

I have another aunt... a woman who, while I was the live-in caretaker for my grandfather, stole his war trophies, issued equipment, and my loving brand-new bike*. She also stole my father's rifles back in the '60s when he was in Basic Training. I'd steal anything from her.

The worst part is that she has no business sense and thinks that yard sales are the ticket to financial gain. She earlier took a bunch of collectible figurines which belonged to my grandmother*. While they were, at a liberal minimum, worth $150+ each, she sold them for mere dollars. I have repeatedly asked my mother to intervene so that she does not sell my grandfather's stuff from Iwo Jima, the Aleutians, or Japan**.

*She waited until she knew I was out of town

**While it is embarrassing, in my family, I don't have the clout to make demands in this case. Issues are dealt within specific generations. For stuff like that, it's like the military: if you want to see change, harass your superior until poo poo gets taken care of.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

The Flipperbaby posted:

I want that MP40.

Subguns has one listed for 21k

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Ropes4u posted:

Subguns has one listed for 21k
That's some rareish model. But an all matching never dewatted bring-back in good condition is easily 15K. Still I'm with everyone else here to do whatever it takes to keep that gun in the family and in the hands of someone who will cherish and shoot it.

E: Assuming you don't have ~15k in the bank this is what I would do. Admittedly I'm crazy for subguns. Look at your guns and decide what can be replaced with relative ease. If there is anything that doesn't have some special meaning or would be extremely hard to replace sell it. And by the way, judging from the wacky obscure guns people find here, basically ANY gun is replaceable. Anyway sell it all. Sell all your silly gear and tactical bs and accessories if you are into that thing. Keep one gun for HD/CCW if you currently have one. Hopefully this will net you a few thousand bucks. Go to your aunt and tell her how much it would mean for you to have the MP40, how you are willing to pay fair market value, and how you will do all the legwork. If she is receptive present her with an ad or two for 'regular' MP40s and the money you have raised to show your sincerity, and see if you can make it happen, using a payment plan for the balance as suggested above. Maybe she'll sell it to you for below market value but I cannot imagine she'd rebuke an offer to keep it in the family and get full value. Any dealer who brokers it is going to take a sizable cut so she'd be getting more money selling it to you anyway. On that note I'd hope a family member would give a slight discount but that's not your decision. GL!

e2: Also get a big giant nazi flag just because.

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2012 around 15:07

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Now I can't stop thinking about a Marlin 39M Octagon:

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Flipperbaby posted:

That's pretty much what I said; in addition to sorting out my departed uncle's vast collection for her, I'd gladly enter into an illegal 20 year span of indentured servitude. Realistically, I'd offer her what I can, but would most definitely not wish to take advantage of her or the situation.

I have another aunt... a woman who, while I was the live-in caretaker for my grandfather, stole his war trophies, issued equipment, and my loving brand-new bike*. She also stole my father's rifles back in the '60s when he was in Basic Training. I'd steal anything from her.

The worst part is that she has no business sense and thinks that yard sales are the ticket to financial gain. She earlier took a bunch of collectible figurines which belonged to my grandmother*. While they were, at a liberal minimum, worth $150+ each, she sold them for mere dollars. I have repeatedly asked my mother to intervene so that she does not sell my grandfather's stuff from Iwo Jima, the Aleutians, or Japan**.

*She waited until she knew I was out of town

**While it is embarrassing, in my family, I don't have the clout to make demands in this case. Issues are dealt within specific generations. For stuff like that, it's like the military: if you want to see change, harass your superior until poo poo gets taken care of.

Offer her as much as you can for the whole collection if you think there's a chance it'll get sold off for well below market anyways. Then you can figure out what's best to keep and what should go to market.

biracial bear for uncut
Jun 9, 2009

Lets make a Panda!

I want an M1 Garand from the CMP, but I'm going to have to wait until next year before I can order one.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Now I can't stop thinking about a Marlin 39M Octagon:

literally the funnest gun in the universe

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In almost 14 years here I've never had my avatar changed by someone else, other than I was about 30th in line for a (frankly, rather uninspired) pony avatar. I feel left out.

Since I don't have a semi-auto .22LR rifle (other than my Uzi's .22LR conversion kit) I thought about getting a cheap 10/22. But then I know I'd want to suppress it, and if I'm going to do that I'll want to use a shorter barrel to both compensate for the increased length of the suppressor and to keep the bullet's velocity down. And then I might as well start out with an aftermarket receiver instead of a factory Ruger. So now I've turned a $250 almost-impulse purchase into a ~$1600 two-tax 6-month ordeal. Yay.

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Wakka Wakka!

Is that gun parked?

Yes - and pretty well done, too. No proof marks that I can see. It has the little "N" with the crown over it. A rearsenal? I can't imagine a private collector going to the trouble of parking a Dreyse.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Yes - and pretty well done, too. No proof marks that I can see. It has the little "N" with the crown over it. A rearsenal? I can't imagine a private collector going to the trouble of parking a Dreyse.

They are rather well made little guns that were in service up until the 1990's (as ridiculous at that may be). Lord knows what that gun has been up to.

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

They are rather well made little guns that were in service up until the 1990's (as ridiculous at that may be).

what

where

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Clapping Larry

Silly operator in an operational environment, or silliest operator in an operational environment?

Sperglord Actual
Nov 27, 2011

Obsolete like every other aspect of the Vatican's existence.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Clapping Larry

Sperglord Actual posted:

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Sperglord Actual posted:

Displaying looted art is never an obsolete act.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

I need to stop looking at this thread, every time I do I add another gun to my list. I just want ones that are fun to shoot, but it turns out that's like, every gun.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Craptacular posted:

Since I don't have a semi-auto .22LR rifle (other than my Uzi's .22LR conversion kit) I thought about getting a cheap 10/22. But then I know I'd want to suppress it, and if I'm going to do that I'll want to use a shorter barrel to both compensate for the increased length of the suppressor and to keep the bullet's velocity down. And then I might as well start out with an aftermarket receiver instead of a factory Ruger. So now I've turned a $250 almost-impulse purchase into a ~$1600 two-tax 6-month ordeal. Yay.

You are pretty good at this.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

Worst part is, I already own it but I can't take possession because today is not the 10th day after I filled out some bullshit paperwork gently caress CA gently caress piss poop

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

soy posted:

gently caress CA gently caress piss poop

Clearly, this is a sign that the 10-day waiting and "cooling off" period is necessary.

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

soy posted:

Worst part is, I already own it but I can't take possession because today is not the 10th day after I filled out some bullshit paperwork gently caress CA gently caress piss poop

I have one of those and I got it in CA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flipperbaby
Jun 21, 2012

His ultra-serious facial expression implies that he's unaware of how comical his uniform is. Or maybe he's pouting because all of his friends got to stand post with halberds and he didn't.

Do you think Swiss Guardsmen moonlight as kids' birthday party entertainers? That guy is only a neon wig and balloon animal away from it. I doubt they'd do Bar Mitzvahs though.

«257 »