Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
soy
Jul 7, 2003

loud-bob posted:

I have one of those and I got it in CA.

Does this count as homegrown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

The Flipperbaby posted:

His ultra-serious facial expression implies that he's unaware of how comical his uniform is. Or maybe he's pouting because all of his friends got to stand post with halberds and he didn't.

Do you think Swiss Guardsmen moonlight as kids' birthday party entertainers? That guy is only a neon wig and balloon animal away from it. I doubt they'd do Bar Mitzvahs though.

These dudes are ultracatholic and will do anything to defend the Vatican regardless of how stupid they look. Have you seen how everybody else looks there? It's like a prerequisite.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

These dudes are ultracatholic and will do anything to defend the Vatican regardless of how stupid they look. Have you seen how everybody else looks there? It's like a prerequisite.

Yeah, by Vatican standards the Swiss Guards aren't really that ridiculous. Also worth noting that the tricolor uniform is a "gala" ceremonial uniform that would basically be the equivalent of the fanciest Bishop or Cardinal vestments that you can think of. Their day to day uniform is a much less ridiculous looking blue uniform that would be roughly equivalent to a priest's normal black walking around garb.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

QuarkMartial posted:

Something like this, complete with a crossdraw holster:

45ACP with a short barrel - whatever the shortest possible barrel is with a still functioning ejector rod. Hm, or an even tinier one in .357Mag:

Granted, I'd take both guns in this picture, but I'm only wanting the one in the back right now.

All of these rule.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Low-power optics are great on leverguns.

Practical sure, but still ugly and ruin the lines of the gun, unless it is a big fat Marlin 1895.

This was my favorite toy ever.

And it really was murder when loaded with pennies.

The Flipperbaby
Jun 21, 2012

"hey man, wanna see a M3 Grease Gun made entirely out of BUTT-FUCKING CLOUDS?! Shazaam!"

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

Have you seen how everybody else looks there? It's like a prerequisite.

Yeah, I went to the Vatican a few times; it is like the worst theme park ever, but real.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Why did you go more than once?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

mikerock posted:

Their god's blood is made out of alcohol, there has to be something cool there.

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

mikerock posted:

Cardinal Flipperbaby.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bunnielab posted:

Practical sure, but still ugly and ruin the lines of the gun, unless it is a big fat Marlin 1895.
If a levergun has anything other than a straight stock then the lines are already ruined

That said apparently Marlin made the 336 Cowboy & Texan models which I would not object to:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

The Flipperbaby posted:

His ultra-serious facial expression implies that he's unaware of how comical his uniform is. Or maybe he's pouting because all of his friends got to stand post with halberds and he didn't.

Do you think Swiss Guardsmen moonlight as kids' birthday party entertainers? That guy is only a neon wig and balloon animal away from it. I doubt they'd do Bar Mitzvahs though.

I you've ever been to the Vatican and come face to face with a Swiss guard, you won't be laughing; those are some hard mother fuckers. That uniform isn't so comical once you realize the man who's wearing it and what it means to him.

Edit Whoops new page

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Craptacular posted:

Since I don't have a semi-auto .22LR rifle (other than my Uzi's .22LR conversion kit) I thought about getting a cheap 10/22. But then I know I'd want to suppress it, and if I'm going to do that I'll want to use a shorter barrel to both compensate for the increased length of the suppressor and to keep the bullet's velocity down. And then I might as well start out with an aftermarket receiver instead of a factory Ruger. So now I've turned a $250 almost-impulse purchase into a ~$1600 two-tax 6-month ordeal. Yay.

Integrally suppressed barrel.

Why the hell not build one up? You're not going to be happy with the stock version anyway. They're like AR-15s, they just beg to be customized.

Watommi
Dec 16, 2004

I am all that is man.

Right now I kind of want a .17hmr rifle. I wasn't really planning on buying one, but my wife was at the neighbors and shot his, and mentioned that we should get one. I think any time your wife says you should buy a gun, it's a crime against the universe not to take advantage and buy it.

I have a Henry .22 for plinking, but the .17 for cheap accurate plinking/target shooting is really tempting.

Anyone have recommendations for one of these rifles? I was thinking the Stevens because of their accutrigger, didn't know if Marlin or Ruger was the better buy. Also should I try to get one that has a scope fitted from the supplier, or could I get a better, cheaper optic myself? Don't want to spend over $150 for an optic on a $250 gun that I'll probably never shoot past 150 yds.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Bummey posted:

I you've ever been to the Vatican and come face to face with a Swiss guard, you won't be laughing; those are some hard mother fuckers. That uniform isn't so comical once you realize the man who's wearing it and what it means to him.

Edit Whoops new page

No poo poo, I had little doubt they would have wrecked my poo poo had I tried to burn down the basilica or something.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

mikerock posted:

I realize this will sound made-up and reek of one-upsmanship but I pooped in my pants in the vatican.

In the Sistine Chapel

As an adult

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Watommi posted:

Right now I kind of want a .17hmr rifle. I wasn't really planning on buying one, but my wife was at the neighbors and shot his, and mentioned that we should get one. I think any time your wife says you should buy a gun, it's a crime against the universe not to take advantage and buy it.

I have a Henry .22 for plinking, but the .17 for cheap accurate plinking/target shooting is really tempting.

Anyone have recommendations for one of these rifles? I was thinking the Stevens because of their accutrigger, didn't know if Marlin or Ruger was the better buy. Also should I try to get one that has a scope fitted from the supplier, or could I get a better, cheaper optic myself? Don't want to spend over $150 for an optic on a $250 gun that I'll probably never shoot past 150 yds.

.22lr is plenty accurate for <150yds and I don't see much of a point for shooting .17hmr unless you're shooting sage rats gasp and need that extra accuracy/ballistic tip because .17hmr is $10/50 rounds and .22LR is like $15/500 rounds

but if you have to get a .17hmr then I'd get a savage cause I've had one for quite some time and it owns for putting holes inside of holes. make sure you get one with an accutrigger, the synthetic stocked one with that trigger has an msrp of $260, so you should be able to find it somewhere around there

the sweet 17 optic by bsa is what I have and iirc it was ~$150, it's not super fancy, but it does have a turret for distance and it has worked great for me

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In almost 14 years here I've never had my avatar changed by someone else, other than I was about 30th in line for a (frankly, rather uninspired) pony avatar. I feel left out.

big_dilli posted:

Integrally suppressed barrel.

I want to be able to shoot it unsuppressed too, if I want to.

big_dilli posted:

Why the hell not build one up? You're not going to be happy with the stock version anyway. They're like AR-15s, they just beg to be customized.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but that's exactly what I'm planning on doing.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

What gun do I want this instant? Well my lower, lpk and bcg are here, but my life has a severe lack of a dissipator upper right now.

The Flipperbaby
Jun 21, 2012

"hey man, wanna see a M3 Grease Gun made entirely out of BUTT-FUCKING CLOUDS?! Shazaam!"

DrakeriderCa posted:

I realize this will sound made-up and reek of one-upsmanship but I pooped in my pants in the vatican.

In the Sistine Chapel

As an adult

Normally, I would pass judgement on an adult who poops their pants in public (unless there are extenuating circumstances, like stomach flu). However, there is something unspeakably awesome about pooping your drawers at the Vatican, especially in the Sistine Chapel. lovely pants beneath Michelangelo's most acclaimed work... bravo, sir.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

Well I still haven't managed to snag the EMF Alchimista II that was my last post in this thread, but to serve as a reminder for 2013 I want to put up the other 2 guns that make up my current top three:

Also having just watched Full Metal Jacket recently I'm digging an M16A1 retro build but I know that desire will pass with time. The pistols above have been on my list all year but no sufficiently good deals have been found. Here's hoping!

big_dilli
May 17, 2005

Craptacular posted:

I want to be able to shoot it unsuppressed too, if I want to.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but that's exactly what I'm planning on doing.

Nope, you were clear. I was just encouraging you to do it.

tWReX
Nov 28, 2012

What gun do I want this instant?

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict

I want my S&W 625 JM model that sitting in CA handgun jail.

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

Gritty's gonna cut you.

I want a Hi-Power (particularlly one of those Canadian ones) and some C&R handguns.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Guns I am planning to get next year:

- S&W 627PC
- non restricted 5.56 black rifle (Swiss arms, XCR, perhaps CZ805?)
- lever action pistol caliber in "trapper" length or possibly a guide gun
- time to actually go shooting

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I want one of those mare's legs in .357 and then I will put a standard length stock on it and it will be loving awesome.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

poo poo yes that would destupid it nicely. Are standard length stocks available?

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

tWReX posted:

What gun do I want this instant?

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle
If ammo costs aren't prohibitive for you then they are the rare combo of a great field rifle that is also fun on a bun

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

Fun Shoe

And they're not prohibitively expensive for a BNIB rifle.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I would snap one up ASAP if it were in 5.56

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Automator posted:

I would snap one up ASAP if it were in 5.56

devil bullet

if they made one in 5.56 that took AR or mini14 magazines my dong might explode

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah it may be against the "scout rifle concept" or whatever but I would loooooove one in 5.56 and would have bought one for sure.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Miso Beno posted:

devil bullet

The best part about this? Ruger is being run right now by people who seem to actually make poo poo people want, and they've already made M77s in smaller calibers. All they'd have to do is throw some loving parts together.

Get on it!

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Fun Shoe

It would also give their stupid loving mini-14 magazines more support.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Miso Beno posted:

devil bullet

Just buy a Mini-14 The tactical model with threaded barrel is $60 less than the Gunsite Scout.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Yeah, a Ruger Scout in 223 using Mini14 mags would be great. As for what gun I want to buy (again),

but in 223.

Skinner is developing a rear peep sight for the 527's 11mm dovetail. Still really wish CZ offered the Carbine in a laminate or composite stock.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

IuniusBrutus posted:

The best part about this? Ruger is being run right now by people who seem to actually make poo poo people want, and they've already made M77s in smaller calibers. All they'd have to do is throw some loving parts together.

Get on it!

Scout rifle in 6.5x55?

I bet they would do it if you asked nicely.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Scout rifle in 6.5x55?

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Still prefer the Mannlicher stock

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

A Glock 17.

In OD, so I can add Magpul basepads and Warren Tacticals and make it as obnoxious as possible .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

I would love to own this boat spacegun especially since it has a forward ejection port.

Ahhh, I shoot lefty!

«257 »