Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«249 »
Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

madeintaipei posted:

7.62 Tokarev Hi Power sounds kinda groovy.
ftfy. Something something stoppin powah something dead in the streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743682038

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

That is cool as gently caress

I never knew how badly I needed a slab barreled luger in my life until now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wowowow

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

LGS has a .40cal BHP with the factory SFS system (which doesn't really do anything for me, except I like the C&S style slide release, I'd probably remove the SFS) for $600 and I'm more tempted by it than I should be. I've always wanted to build The Perfect BHP which involves starting with the .40 and converting it back to 9mm. You get a 2oz heavier slide and an extra vertical lug on the barrel (for 3, it looks weird), and I guess technically you could convert it to .357 Sig too, but I'm not sure how good that is from a longevity standpoint.

I've got one of the early .40S&W BHP's and it pretty much just lounges in the safe. I looked at conversion barrels, but I just can't get behind spending that much to have another 9mm.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cross postin' from the smith thread

oh my gooooooooooooooood

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/742810803

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

PhotoKirk posted:

I've got one of the early .40S&W BHP's and it pretty much just lounges in the safe. I looked at conversion barrels, but I just can't get behind spending that much to have another 9mm.

Yeah, thinking it over I hardly shoot the 9mm BHP I have and the CZ SP-01 is probably better than the 40->9mm conversion anyway.

I haven't bought a gun in a while and I've got the itch, but I basically own everything I could ever need. If I had any brains I'd stop buying guns and get to cracking on my delinquent project car that I haven't touched in 5 years, if only so I have a full garage to work in again.

Basticle posted:

Cross postin' from the smith thread

oh my gooooooooooooooood

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/742810803

God I'm not really an auto Smith fan but that loving rocks.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/apx-rdo/

In 40 S&W and with the kill switch deactivated.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

In almost 14 years here I've never had my avatar changed by someone else, other than I was about 30th in line for a (frankly, rather uninspired) pony avatar. I feel left out.

I want Polymer80 to make a Glock-17 sized 80% receiver with an integrated stock like the B&T USW 320. It would require a whole new serialized receiver since Glocks don't have an internal serialized fire control group like the SIG 320, so Glock's never going to make one. But Polymer80 might. Just make a flat spot on the dust cover or something for engraving the maker's information once it's registered.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/s...r-rifle-r20686/

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Well now I want a P320 even more to get that B&T stock for it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/746374177

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

The P88 is awesome and its so hard to find the Champion/Competition versions of it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/748013437

I dont know what to say really.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Is that dyed gator, or patterned cow leather? Imagine how they feel. Imagine how grody they get.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Oops wrong link (i posted that in the gunborker thread)

meant to post this https://www.gunbroker.com/item/748113159

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

by R. Guyovich

I wonder if he's going to get his asking price. On the one hand, there are some deep pockets in California, and a gun like that is basically unobtainable otherwise.

On the other, it's a collector piece chambered in a moon round, and he apparently wants to make a down payment on a house.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Something about a 10mm blowback pistol doesn't really seem like the best idea.

Still looks cool.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I like this part:

If you bought a gun from me, take 5% off the final price. If you bought more than one gun, take 10% off. Otherwise tell me a story. Collecting is a relationship business.

So maybe talk him down from $40k.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

madeintaipei posted:

I like this part:

If you bought a gun from me, take 5% off the final price. If you bought more than one gun, take 10% off. Otherwise tell me a story. Collecting is a relationship business.

So maybe talk him down from $40k.

"Hi, yeah, would you take $30K? I'm trying to impress a bunch of goons"

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Something about a 10mm blowback pistol doesn't really seem like the best idea.

Still looks cool.

It's roller delayed. Not straight blowback.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

I'm really tempted to buy a T91 upper and build a rifle around that, but also tempted to just buy a 805 Bren for spacegun reasons and get my short-stroke fix that way.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

DakianDelomast posted:

It's roller delayed. Not straight blowback.

Oh, well in that case

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

http://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...993356&CAT=8267

+

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E4SQG4...a_-PEIAbFA9X7R2

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

- Original (23") Rapid Rotation Baton, holster for, and basic training manual.

- Original Monadnock posurp nunchaku.

- Monadnock yawara.

- CN dispensing Monadnock half-yawara and an empty gas cannister.

- Ruger scout rifle in 7mm08.

- The compound 9.3mm mold I still need to save for.

- Someone to actually stock and sell the Flashlauncher.

- An A1 upper to finally build this blue Cavalry Manufacturing furniture into Stoner Smurf.

- Snow. gently caress this bullshit February.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Dead Reckoning posted:

I wonder if he's going to get his asking price. On the one hand, there are some deep pockets in California, and a gun like that is basically unobtainable otherwise.

On the other, it's a collector piece chambered in a moon round, and he apparently wants to make a down payment on a house.
It's not really a moon round. 10x25 Norma Auto is 10mm Auto so it is shootable with easily obtained ammo. But that pricing is pretty challenging.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Butch Cassidy posted:

- Original (23") Rapid Rotation Baton, holster for, and basic training manual.

- Original Monadnock posurp nunchaku.

- Monadnock yawara.

- CN dispensing Monadnock half-yawara and an empty gas cannister.

- Ruger scout rifle in 7mm08.

- The compound 9.3mm mold I still need to save for.

- Someone to actually stock and sell the Flashlauncher.

- An A1 upper to finally build this blue Cavalry Manufacturing furniture into Stoner Smurf.

- Snow. gently caress this bullshit February.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

a baton is considered lethal force isn't it? in a video the guy reviewing it, that was supposedly a police sargeant, I think, said that the grip or some rettentiong thing would prevent a loss of it and thus prevent it being used as lethal weapon against the officer

I would think a gun would be better in that case.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Wendigee posted:

a baton is considered lethal force isn't it?

All weapons can be considered lethal force. A baton is less lethal at best.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Depends where one swings it. And not all are primarily made for striking. The PR-24 was a 24" tonfa made to Protect and Restrain. A lot of local cops loved them for leveraging noncompliant vehicle occupants out and to the ground with minimal outside appearance of undue force. The Rapid Rotation Baton is a bastardised sai meets side-handle made to carry more easily (though didn't quite succeed) than other solid batons, block almost as well as a side-handle, trap better than a side-handle, and more quickly/securely transition to standard straight baton grip for swinging away. Most colapsible batons sacrifice effective striking force for enough convenience to never leave one's belt.

The real issue is that Monadnock was founded in the Granite State and made a bunch of cool poo poo that needs collected on my workshop wall. Because police issue nunchaku.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

I'm currently lowballing like 10 early 90's gang land guns on Gunbroker. If I win 2 I'll be happy.

GreglFaggins
Dec 8, 2009

Wendigee posted:

a baton is considered lethal force isn't it? in a video the guy reviewing it, that was supposedly a police sargeant, I think, said that the grip or some rettentiong thing would prevent a loss of it and thus prevent it being used as lethal weapon against the officer

I would think a gun would be better in that case.

With training it's considered less lethal (hit big meaty areas, thighs mostly, not head or joints etc.), but in reality it's like half a step below shooting someone because it's just too easy to severely gently caress someone up with them, on accident or otherwise. Modern expandable batons don't have any active retention either.

If the police try to use a baton on you and you take it away and attempt to use it on them you're gonna get killed and the officer will be justified in doing so. Numerous cases of this happening to include this, the only incident I can recall off the top of my head. There's also video of this incident, but I'm not going to link it, suffice to say it was a very violent.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I just meant, why would you carry a boton unless your were police, because if you use it to defend yourself its lethal force anyway?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Wendigee posted:

I just meant, why would you carry a boton unless your were police, because if you use it to defend yourself its lethal force anyway?

I learned my perspective from a police officer who doesn't necessarily want to reveal that they are a police officer all the time. Sometimes it's nice to have a weapon to wave that won't immediately get you in the trouble showing a gun will. Everyone can see that maybe you're more trouble that it's worth. Also, it's a bit of a bummer to shoot someone so it's nice to have a range of escalation options. That said, you have to take very seriously how you brandish or employ something like a baton, etc.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Check out this cool Mauser

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Im gonna buy a gun today, not sure what but I got two G in my pocket and told myself a gun out of my work bonus was my reward for losing weight. Walking into my LGS (actually an hour and a half away yay rural living) and not walking out until I have a new pistol/rifle/shotgun.

Potential candidates
CZ P10c
CZ 805 Bren pistol
A good over/under for trap
Savage 110 tactical or 10 FCP-SR and some glass
FN F2000

The mp5 kit I just bough doesn't count as my reward gun because its not actually a gun..... yet. At least that is how I am justifying this all to myself

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2018 around 14:56

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Get the bren pistol so i can live through you

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

P10C and 805, you only live once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

Flying the friendly skies in relative safet-oh god the engine fell off

Fun Shoe

ZebraBlade posted:

A good over/under for trap

Unless I'm mistaken this would basically be your whole budget considering the price of O/U shotguns at the moment.

«249 »