Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«257 »
Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

It is a happy face you simple gaijin baka ^___^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Unfortunately our gaijin keyboards make it difficult to curve that line. (^‿‿^)

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

Cyrano4747 posted:

(what the hell emotion is expressed by ^_____^ anyways? the up-arrow eyes tell me it's supposed to be happy, but the flat line mouth tells me it's grimacing or perturbed) had me wondering if you were being sarcastic or something.

It's crossbred with

Some day an AZF stamped Finnish Remington M91 is going to come along and I will have enough cash on hand for it.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

I want a sig p226, that new 9mm cz scorpion, and some ar 15.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Sperglord Actual posted:

It's crossbred with
, obviously

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

An M1 Garand. Apparently the CMP has service-grade springfields back in stock for $625. I'm going to order one once my proof of club membership arrives. (I went for a local club rather than the get-proof-online-instantly route)

Also, rossi ranch hands have been showing up at local gun shops, so I just emailed one I like to see if they can get me one of these in 22lr:

I want to fill it with aguila super colibri.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

Don't let Lowtax go down with the ship. Do your part for these dead gay forums.

BaronW posted:

Apparently the CMP has service-grade springfields back in stock for $625.

They've had them in stock literally for months. I'm still waiting for mine to ship.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

I just learned that Coonan made one of their 1911s chambered in .41 Magnum. So I want one of those.

(Can't find any photos of one, so that's the regular 357...which I also want.)

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I don't think the .41 models ever made it to production.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I shot a Coonan yesterday. It was magical.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Sixgun has (had?) one and shooting it was like riding a unicorn.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

LifeSizePotato posted:

I just learned that Coonan made one of their 1911s chambered in .41 Magnum. So I want one of those.

(Can't find any photos of one, so that's the regular 357...which I also want.)

Sadly they didn't. They started working on them right before they went under. There are no plans to start that work up again.

The guys who are building the Coonans now don't even have the prototype as I understand it. I have a friend who lives near there who has just a few (9?) Coonans, all different variations and models. He brought them into the shop there one day and the guys were quite happy to see them, since most of them weren't guns they had ever actually seen before.

At this point they are so backed up with new production guns I doubt they will think about resurrecting the .41 mag idea for years, if ever.

mikerock posted:

Sixgun has (had?) one and shooting it was like riding a unicorn.

Has, it's a Model A. Pondering selling it right now however. We will see.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=281081786

Something about this just really tickles my fancy right now.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Shithead Deluxe posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=281081786

Something about this just really tickles my fancy right now.

That would be because it deeply owns

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I want to build up this AR lower I've had lying around forever. I really want a stupidly short SBR, like 8 inches.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/vi...aid/55/lid/1589

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

They made a video talking about that one among others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNz...10&feature=plcp

I want a Mannlicher 1894 right now.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

They made a video talking about that one among others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNz...10&feature=plcp

I want a Mannlicher 1894 right now.

I love that. It's like some sort of trick of perspective.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Sixgun Strumpet is a saucy little trull who taught me this gun exists when I mentioned the Model 77B pistol's one-handed cocking mechanism.

I want it and can never have it but UNNNNNGGHHH it's so cooooooooooool and stupid all at once. I want one and can never have it.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

Sixgun Strumpet is a saucy little trull who taught me this gun exists when I mentioned the Model 77B pistol's one-handed cocking mechanism.

I want it and can never have it but UNNNNNGGHHH it's so cooooooooooool and stupid all at once. I want one and can never have it.

Guns you can cock with one hand are awesome, not stupid.

Also, in this line, I found a gun I want worse then anything at this moment.

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/Lignose3/Lig16/lig16.html

Look at it! Just look! It's like something an evil wizard would carry around!

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Yeah that gun is undoubtedly made to be a Flash Gordon enemy weapon

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Saiga12 030

Tried getting one of these in Austin over the weekend but the FBI totally cock blocked me.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I told you it was a bad idea to kidnap male models and run across state lines.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So like... I'm kinda stuck.

I need a new CCW since I sold my LCP to my brother. I'm thinking to replace it with a Walther PSS.

I see so many people suggesting a Glock 19.

I've never fired a glock, but I'm not a fan of how wide it is due to my small hands.

Should I try out both and pick? Or just be like well the PPS is thinner and it has plenty of rounds ><

I guess I should rent a glock and see how it shoots for me? I have 3 gun nuts friends with ~10 guns each and believe it or not none of us owns a glock...

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Try both and pick. My carry guns rotate between a G19, PPS and LCP depending on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. The PPS gets carried far more often than the others, it really is very easily concealable even when worn OWB. I travel downstate every weekend and feel comfortable with the PPS as the only gun I bring since it excels at CCW, and with an 8rd mag & TLR-3 makes a perfectly suitable nightstand gun.

That said, if my situation were that I could have only ONE handgun, it would be the G19.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

fake edit: I've never been particularly enamored of J-frames for carry but a S&W 642 is the only gun my gf has ever seen (over my shoulder while browsing TFR) that made her say "Oooh, I want THAT gun!"

So I guess I'm gonna be shopping for a 642.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Wendigee posted:

Should I try out both and pick?

If this is ever an option, go for it. The G19 is great, but didn't suit me, so I went with the 17. Still want to handle a PPS - the slide shape looks funny to me, but I bet it's better in person.

At the moment, I want a G26. I can conceal a 17 just fine under most t-shirts, and no one notices... but I feel like it'd be super duper extra mega concealed if I had a G26 and the slide kydex body for my MTAC.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Just got back from visiting my aunt and uncle who live here

in Colorado.

So right now I want all of the .22s, a can, and to live in Colorado.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Bummer. I've been watching a Campo Giro on Gunbroker that went 2 weeks without a single bid. The guy lowered the price 10% and relisted it, and it's gone a few days without any bids, so I sent him an email tonight with a very fair offer hoping he'd bite.

Someone bid on it like an hour later.

I still want one though, preferably this instant, but now I guess I'll wait. Maybe I can find an original 1913 with the paddle mag release eventually.

e: Here's one with the original mag release.

LifeSizePotato fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2012 around 05:13

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

I want to build an ar-10 I can consistently cold shoot and hit center mass at 300 yards. Of course I also want a piece of property I can walk ten feet out my back door and do just this, preferably with 100ish ft drop in elevation between firing line and target.

Since I'm a college student/bartender, I'll settle for a sw 686.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I wish I was rich and lived in the year 1900.

BrianM87
Oct 30, 2006
I keep missing. Are you sure the bullets work?

A post in the Gun News thread taught me about the existence of the Merkel RX Helix, and now I want one in a bad way.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Hayden posted:

I want to build an ar-10 I can consistently cold shoot and hit center mass at 300 yards. Of course I also want a piece of property I can walk ten feet out my back door and do just this, preferably with 100ish ft drop in elevation between firing line and target.

Since I'm a college student/bartender, I'll settle for a sw 686.

The rifle part isn't that hard to accomplish, and really, most any halfway decent centerfire rifle should be able to manage it.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I need this Beretta, complete with can:

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I personally want just one of those little pistols where the bullet holder part (I am such an idiot Canadian) revolves in the middle, a Detective Special. Just an idle fantasy I know but they look really cool, in my mind.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Paul Coffey posted:

I personally want just one of those little pistols where the bullet holder part (I am such an idiot Canadian) revolves in the middle, a Detective Special. Just an idle fantasy I know but they look really cool, in my mind.

never heard of them

sounds made up frankly

nnnnghhhhgnnngh
Apr 6, 2009

First model Trejo pistol.

It's a tiny little machine pistol in .22LR, what's not to love?

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

The Automator posted:

The rifle part isn't that hard to accomplish, and really, most any halfway decent centerfire rifle should be able to manage it.

Yeah, that was less about the rifle and more about the time, patience, and facility to hone that skill. I just really like the ar-10 platform, and feel like it would be a good starting point to stretch 300 yards out to 400, 500, or 600+.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Paul Coffey posted:

sooo... A revolver? Because you can totally get those, even in Canada. I don't think you'd be able to get a Detective's Special, or indeed any other snubnose (canada:), but you can definitely get a revolver if you want.

Edit: just to clear up your teminology, the type of gun you are talking about is a revolver, because the cylinder("the bullet holder part") revolves in the middle. And it hold cartridges. Bullets are just the projectiles. Just trying to get you started on the right foot, I don't mean to make fun of you.

Beardless fucked around with this message at Apr 10, 2012 around 22:46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Beardless posted:

sooo... A revolver? Because you can totally get those, even in Canada. I don't think you'd be able to get a Detective's Special, or indeed any other snubnose (canada:), but you can definitely get a revolver if you want.

You have got to realize he was kidding

He said "revolve" in that sentence. He knows they're revolvers. He may not have known what a cylinder is called, but he knew what a revolver was. It was phrased to be cute.

«257 »