Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

I can't really justify buying a new gun right now, but when I'm more secure I think this is the next thing I'll pick up. Or, maybe, a Buckmark, 22/45, or something else -- I'll have to rent them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Carbohydrates posted:

gently caress

because Gray Stormy posted it and reminded me of my insatiable, forbidden love for this super loving dumb gun that looks ridiculous and is mad impractical. But it feels so goooood.

just make sure it's not your home defense gun whenever there's a drive-by...

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

shoognite posted:

Daewoo "Contractor"

My brother has a Daewoo.

...DH-40. It's actually a pretty solid gun.

These pictures were also taken back in 2008, less than a month after I got my first DSLR.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Oooh! Oooh! Does it have that funky "tri-action" thingy where it looks like it's decocked, but it's actually in some sort of half-single action mode, making it super easy pick up and expect double ac-BLAM!

Yes and it's bizarre as hell. Plus it hardly takes any pressure to push the hammer into the "third action" state -- which is disconcerting enough to push a hammer forward on a loaded chamber (there's a firing pin safety, but still) but also I'd imagine it'd be easy to accidentally engage it if you were to carry it. That said, it gives you the same length of the DA pull but at a much lighter weight -- heavier than SA, but not by much.

So I'd probably never want to carry it, but apart from that it's a nice chunk of metal, has a decent SA trigger, and I haven't seen a malfunction in all of the range trips I've been on with my brother -- easily 500 rounds of cheap ammo. Not bad for the $150 or so he paid for it.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

god drat box threads...

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

QuarkMartial posted:

Fixed for me, right now.

And a Garand.

And a tommy gun.

And a 1911. (Though I know I don't really want one of those)

Absolutely. Though strangely the Thompson do it for me quite as much as the Garand, M1C, and WW2 era 1911. Don't get me wrong, I'd jump at the chance to shoot one. Maybe it's the fact that the others are actually attainable... Albeit out of budget for me right now =\ man I hope they don't all dry up by the time I can afford them.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

Just got back from visiting my aunt and uncle who live here

in Colorado.

So right now I want all of the .22s, a can, and to live in Colorado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

Could you theoretically do that to any semiauto .22lr? I'm picturing a bolt attachment and stock replacement for a 10/22 that does this. Am I an idiot or could this be done without damaging the action during firing?