Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

An SWR Specwar for my AR15. I am pretty happy with the guns I have so I want improvements for my rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

Insane Totoro posted:

Right now I would punch babies for a real deal ACR.

Why an ACR over a SCAR?

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Insane Totoro posted:

Why not?

It was a legit question. I was wondering what made you pick one over the other. The ACR seems to have more teething problems and failed promises. While the SCAR is swimming along happily like a big stupid looking fish.

daskrolator posted:

Until I read the aussie part I was going to say I have one of those completely disassembled, fire control group and all, in a bag I haven't touched for 2 years. Tried to assemble it and couldn't, got a few friends to try, also no luck. Simply dismissed it for the most part.

How much you want for the bag o' gun?

Also, going through my gun picture folder is always bad for me. This guy made a few bad choices, but overall it is a good gun.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2012 around 18:06

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not a gun per se, but I want this barrel for a .300BLK build.

I like this. Now we just need a TRX rail with this pattern for holes.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

I think I really want a Benelli M2 or M4 with an urbino stock and ghost ring sights. I think it would be better to save up for a new shotgun instead of lusting after another AR15. Besides shotguns are way more fun than anything else.

Or just a regular M2.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2012 around 03:51

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

standardtoaster posted:

When playing Stalker I get upset if a gun doesn't have burst mode.

Burst is worthless. Learn to control your fire. Also speaking of stalker I could go for a SGI-5k Sig 550 right about now. To bad they are not available to americans.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Apparently aimpro is now making a competition 930.

http://aimprotactical.com/aimpro_cu...tion_master.htm

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Gtab posted:

that rib is sick as gently caress hell yes

That pretty much sums up why I want it more than the SPX. All the other poo poo is just icing on the cake. To bad they want near a grand for it. At that point I would probably get a benelli for a couple hundred more.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

I want a .22 conversion and a threaded 9mm top half with an Osprey for my Sig 226. Then put it all in a Zero Halliburton case with foam cutouts for all the parts and accessories.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Atticus_1354 posted:

I want a .22 conversion and a threaded 9mm top half with an Osprey for my Sig 226. Then put it all in a Zero Halliburton case with foam cutouts for all the parts and accessories.

gently caress it. I am bidding on a Zero Hallibrton case on ebay to start this setup. Next is the .22 conversion.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

widefault posted:

I like you, so I'm going to give you a special secret. The electronic data recorder at this link is housed in a Zero case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30066890496...984.m1423.l2649

It's 13"x18"x6" or so and I can fit four 1911s in one.

I currently bidding on a black one the same size as that. Now I think I want that one also to put my camera stuff in.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Gtab posted:

I, too, was utterly unimpressed by it even giving it leeway for bullpup badness BUT I try not to be a judge-y dick in this thread and only offer loving encouragement.

What is happening here? Is this some kind of trick before you start yelling at us?

Also, I think I want the 226 .22 instead of the conversion because two guns is better than one. Plus that gives me a DAK gun and a SA/DA gun.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2012 around 04:29

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

widefault posted:

I like you, so I'm going to give you a special secret. The electronic data recorder at this link is housed in a Zero case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30066890496...984.m1423.l2649

Well poo poo I missed this one and the other one I was bidding on. If anyone sees another good deal let me know.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

widefault posted:

Depending on what you want to spend, those data recorders go for around $75-$80 shipped quite often. Zeros seem to go a bit higher, unless they're beat up. Only takes a few minutes to strip out the guts, 4 screws for the main board and the pocket in the lid pulls out easily. Search for "1770SB" or "STR link", those are the two common ones.

Thanks. I will keep the search going.

gently caress it. I got impatient and bought one for $70.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2012 around 23:59

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Now I am back around to a semi shotgun. This time cheaper base gun with a pile of accessories.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I would want a 930 so much more if it had 4 more inches of barrel and interchangeable chokes as an option in the spx model

Yeah if I get one I will eventually want it threaded. But maybe you should look at this.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I saw that before and

although you are rapidly approaching $benelli there.

Yeah. On the other hand everything I have heard about aimpros work points to them working over the shotguns action as a very good thing. I think it would be a good choice for a pure competition gun.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

I really want a green fluted Pac-lite upper on a fancy volquartsen lower with a silencerco sparrow. I could have tons of fun with this, but it would be a very expensive .22 handgun.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Mad Dragon posted:

I kinda want one of these this instant.

edit:

I wish that stock wasn't so awful looking.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Uncle Caveman posted:

Well at this instant I just want my 1895 to arrive!

and then I'd looove to send it to Grizzly Custom:

I am going to make an adorable mini version of that leather cheek piece for my Henry .22.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Itchy Itchiford posted:

I'd also like an old S&W M39. There's just something about them that I can't quite put my finger on.

My dad has one that was issued to my grandfather. There is another one or possibly two somewhere in the family. They are a nice simple gun that feels good in the hand and shoots well. I love it because of the history.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

I can't get the idea of a Sako TRG22 with a folding stock out of my head.

Look how cool this folded Sako is.

Failing that I just read an article on Demigodllc about a folding stock for the Tikka T3 that would be really cool also.

In truth I am more likely to end up with a new stock on my Howa.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Craptacular posted:

Not quite the same thing because it was a normal MP5K stuck in a briefcase, not a gun that looks like a briefcase when folded up. Still neat though.

I want a gun I can keep my files in.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Bummey posted:

Saiga 9 SBR. I need this.

This perfectly combines my desire for a gun to play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with, a pistol caliber carbine, and an AK pattern rifle. I hope it is reasonably priced when it comes out so I can slap a micro dot on top and bang away at my steel targets all day. Also that would look wicked with an upside down osprey suppressor on it.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Mad Dragon posted:

Mega MATEN

in 6.5 creedmoor is my dream do-all rifle.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Mad Dragon posted:

I'm still flip-flopping between 6.5CM and .260Rem. Then there's the part of me that says "gently caress it. Build it in .308 now, and get a second upper in 6.5xWhatever when I can afford all the reloading poo poo."

I have read some stuff saying that 6.5 Creedmoor has the edge when fitting in a magazine. Also the name is cooler sounding and I like the options for preloaded ammo that I have seen. But really if I ever bought that rifle I would start loading soon after because it would be stupid not to.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Truck guns are a very real necessity for many people, but I really suspect the vast, vast majority of TFR doesn't fall into that group. I can think of one poster who I'm pretty sure would have a real use for one, and I suspect that there might be a couple more.

As someone who lives in a low population density, low crime area, and who occasionally needs a gun in his truck the correct answer is a good bag with handles so you can easily move the gun between house and truck. Also the correct choice for a truck gun is the same as any other gun you would want to perform whatever task you imagine. If shooting animals make that your primary criteria. If something else make that what you base your choice on. If you want an SBR just buy one and stop pretending like you have to justify your purchases. You are a grown man so spend your money on what you want.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Was that directed at me? I'm questioning whether someone is in a situation where they realistically need a truck gun, not demanding that they provide justification for wanting an SBR.

Not directed at you. Just at QuarkMartial and the conversation as a whole. He keeps coming up with thinly veiled excuses for needing a tiny gun when it would be a poor choice for a truck gun.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Sep 25, 2013 around 23:09

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

gimpsuitjones posted:

I use a short barrelled .223 AR as a ~*truck gun*~ and it owns for shooting stuff out the window of my Toyota

You can't really shoot most animals from your vehicle in the US so a truck gun would have to be used from outside the truck unless you are just shooting it from the car just because.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

gimpsuitjones posted:

Yeah I mostly shoot rabbits with it out the window. Useful for other things too though:

I have no beef with short guns. I just think deciding on a feature set based on something that someone is not going to be doing is silly when they could buy a gun that is better at what they are actually going to be doing with it. Especially when things like a serbu shorty are being talked about and people are saying they want to keep a gun in their truck just because they think it is cool.

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Sep 26, 2013 around 02:43

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

hagie posted:

I've been looking at those for a few days. Was hoping for something to pop up locally. I kind-of want to get this w/o credit card, kind of "off the books" of the wife and since I have $300 cash in my hand. Picky I know, but those are not off my radar. Academy had ones up for $289, but when I went to peek they were sold out completely...of all shotguns.

Those don't look to have the removable chokes hmmm.

You do realize you can change that cash in to a money order and send that to summit.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

What is that from?

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

That is pretty cool. I am tempted to get one myself with floral carving.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

How did I not know that Chiappa is making a takedown lever action? I need one in .357 Mag.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

SpartanIV posted:

I was looking for one for a while and came to the conclusion that nobody has imported them since like the late 80s or early 90s because I've only seen a handful go up for sale, and none were in 357. If you know where to find them please let me know so I can gently caress my wallet up proper.

Please buy it and tell me how great it is.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.asp...hiappa+takedown

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=521568563

And a mediocre video that has a decent overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjxKI3eURRw

Atticus_1354 fucked around with this message at Nov 12, 2015 around 03:36

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Found another takedown lever gun to dream about.

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/long...-stock-end.html

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Butch Cassidy posted:

I'm stone cold sober and about to order an aftermarket bolt handle for a Hi-Point carbine. Because I want accessories for a potmetal carbine right now.

I forgot about these pictures from a local classifieds until I saw your comment.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Lathed aluminum alloy. God help me, the stock charging handle is the only real complaint I've had with any Hi-Point carbine I've fiddled with.

But the trigger is awful. How you could you not object to that?

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Basticle posted:

Assuming its not one of those weird foreign surplus models with the faux supressor pinned to the barrel to make it importable, then gently caress yes $250 is decent.

Can these weird foreign surplus models be found cheap?

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

For everyone else to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

I had no idea they made all these patches. I want all of them.

«3 »