Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

I want the CZ 550 that I ordered nearly a month ago, but my dealer's distributor is completely hosed, and is finally shipping them stuff that they ordered at the beginning of January. My dealer is so pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

standardtoaster posted:

Kind of lame, but I want a CZ83 pretty bad right now.

You can get 82s for 200 bucks with 2 mags from wideners. You should get one. They're fun!

And if you really wanted it in one of the other calibers, you can rebarrel it pretty easily.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

... who makes the integrally suppressed CZ 452? That'd be even better if it was a full stock.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Would be worth it! That looks like a hoot.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Gtab posted:

nam/post always seemed so nice and quiet etc etc

too soon.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Nidal Malik Hasan

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

TheMurdererNxtDoor posted:

why not? 20 rounds, max penetration, no recoil, light gun. adjustable sights.

what's not to love

If by max penetration you mean completely unacceptable (edit: for all commercially available loads, and FN is really pissy about reloads), sure. I think you've read too much marketing. Also, for a 1200 dollar gun or whatever it is now, it better have adjustable sights.

Steak Flavored Gum fucked around with this message at Mar 30, 2012 around 16:12

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Are you really sure you want to be following Gadaffi as a role model for taste?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Yeahhhh... .50 AE. Welp. Hope you have a reloading press!

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

It'd be more fun if it was actually in .50 AE but had REPLICA stamped down the side.

Still hope you have reloading equipment. My Model 29 was the excuse I bought to convince myself to buy reloading equipment as well. .44 isn't terribly cheap, itself.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

For a second there I thought I read that you had a Beretta 92 in .44 Mag, which would be a hilarious (and impossible) rechambering, but it gave me a smile.

Reloading for .44 is awesome, especially since you can use Trail Boss. Hell yeah. I don't know if it'd have enough oomph to cycle the Desert Eagle though. Is it okay to use hardcast in the DE? The gas port is right next to the cartridge mouth so I can't imagine leading would be a huge problem?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Haha as if Sixgun Strumpet needs more guns.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Also, was I just called "broski"?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

I'M NOT YOUR BRO, CHAMP!

It's far more likely that if 1500 dollars was directed at Gtab, it'd be to buy him 150 new avatars that he didn't ask for. (I love the current one though )

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

You really should try and get your hands on some VV N32C to compare to Trailboss.

Gonna get some trailboss myself in a while and see how they compare, for me the vihtavuori might actually be cheaper to get my hands on.

I don't think that party is available in the states.... hell, VV is BARELY available even in the forms that companies normally stock. Usually the people who carry it are sold out.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Nobody mentions them because they're stupid and incredibly expensive for being more or less a blowback gun that fires a hard to find, underpowered round. Also it's not THAT high capacity... 20 rounds isn't a huge advantage over 18.

As far as the carbine goes, it's still vastly underpowered compared to even something like 9mm in its NORMAL loadings. If you combine the fact that you can absolutely get SMG loadings for 9mm (and still find them more easily than 5.7x28), what's the point? Also the loading mechanism is awkward compared to regular box magazines. Oh, and with the easy availability of shorty assault rifles, why bother with SMGs anyway?

They're a neat curiosity but they're really hard to take seriously.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

It's not that you can't have one because the project was cancelled, it's that the project was cancelled because you can't have one. Why manufacture a Revolver for EXport if it can't actually be exported to the target market? Write your congressman.

Anyway, the other issue with 5.7x28 is that it's pretty low pressure for what it is. Then again, other experiments with 5.7 mm pistol rounds have been... interesting... because very high pressure rounds in pistols is almost always an experience.

RIA is now chambering their 1911s in .22 TCM which is 9mm necked down for a .224 bullet, and it's pretty quick, but who knows what the barrel life will be like. At least it's locked breach! If you REALLY want insane, there's the original .224 BOZ, which necked down 10mm Auto for a .224 bullet, and apparently reached 2500+ fps with a 50 gr projectile (!!!). Unfortunately it also nuked guns. They originally tested it in a Glock 20, and nuked it. They also tested it in a 1911, and nuked it.

LifeSizePotato posted:

I also want a Wolf Ultramatic. Sort of a mix between a CZ 75, 1911 and an MG-42, made in Austria.
I believe the designer of that is also the guy behind the Hogue Avenger 1911 upper, which is (as far as I can tell) available here in the states, if you are interested. I'd get one if I wasn't a poor grad student, just because it's neat.

http://www.getgrip.com/main/whatsnew/avenger.html

Steak Flavored Gum fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2012 around 17:41

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

LifeSizePotato posted:

Yeah, he did do that. Or at least it's inspired by it, from what I recall.

There's something less exotic and interesting about a Hogue add-on for regular 1911s, though.

To be fair though, it's not really a Hogue product, they just import it (and put a small rollmark on there). The Austrian company that normally sells it is called PowerSpeed Trading Ltd. so I'm not sure I'd rather have that name on the product anyway!

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Oh Italy, you're so silly!

edit: Also, another bottleneck pistol caliber that is still infinitely superior to 5.7x28 is 9x25mm Dillon. Still unpleasant to shoot though, even with a compensator. Lotsa bitching about concussion!

Steak Flavored Gum fucked around with this message at Apr 11, 2012 around 18:08

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

What's the estate tax like on that?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Woman = powerful American corporation = pays no taxes = Romney.

Ah, now I see!

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

I really want to shoot one, but I remember reading somewhere about how much of a nutjob Boberg is, plus the fact that he started taking orders (and money) for those loving aaaages ago.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

Friends guns are the best guns.

Look how happy I was to shoot it! http://youtu.be/rp5ubN0iTuI

Holy poo poo it works now?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

CZ 75 CTS LS-B.

I need this gun.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

shalafi4 posted:

right now I want this...

... is that a Saiga rechambered in .460 XVR or something?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

What kind of crazy high-explosive powered 22LR would blow up a titanium cylinder?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

kill me now posted:

I think I've decided that I really want to pick up a Mossberg MVP in the near future.

There is something just really appealing about being able to load up all of my AR mags (10, 20, and 30rnd) with 55gr Hornaday steel match and head out to the range with my AR and an MVP and just shoot all day without blowing all of my money.

Theres also something really appealing to me about doing this

They're kinda eh. How about a CZ 527?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

The only acceptable thing to put Moron Label on is your scrotum in the form of a tattoo.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Juice posted:

You're both wrong, that gun is awesome and you should get it.

Yes but you like every 1911.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

I got slide bite from shooting Gribb's Glock last weekend. I don't even know...

In other news I'm getting Kuffs' P7 shortly and I've preordered the CZ 75 Longslide-B sooooo I've got just about everything that's on my want list for now!

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

I don't understand the spergfest about 9x39. There are other calibers out there that are actually available outside Mother Russia that will equal its performance.

edit: I mean poo poo, you could probably chamber it in .458 SOCOM which will punch out a 600 gr bullet in really heavy subsonic loading.

Steak Flavored Gum fucked around with this message at Jul 6, 2012 around 03:24

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

The 527 is also chambered from the factory in .223 Rem though.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

You could probably build three or four high-quality AR-15s for that price, and if you desperately wanted a piston system on one, you could get that too.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

If you want a piston gun buy a SIG 556. The AR bolt is known to not take well to short stroke piston systems.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

My favorite thing about this picture is the fact that the owner bought an immensely expensive gun and then put shittastic CAA stuff on it.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

Now that the AK-shaped hole in my life has been filled, I only have a few remaining itches to scratch.

.357 with full underlug, FAL, 1911. Maybe a SCAR if I get bored. Oh, and then a suppressed SBR. poo poo.

Are you still in State College? You need to shoot my full underlug 44

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

The Flipperbaby posted:

His ultra-serious facial expression implies that he's unaware of how comical his uniform is. Or maybe he's pouting because all of his friends got to stand post with halberds and he didn't.

Do you think Swiss Guardsmen moonlight as kids' birthday party entertainers? That guy is only a neon wig and balloon animal away from it. I doubt they'd do Bar Mitzvahs though.

These dudes are ultracatholic and will do anything to defend the Vatican regardless of how stupid they look. Have you seen how everybody else looks there? It's like a prerequisite.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Where did you see 1 inch groups at 50 yards?

Also if you want hypervelocity from a handgun, get one in 9x25 Dillon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

POWERFUL rear end SWEAT posted:

Oh my god that is so sexy.

Until you see the pic where it's pretty clear he doesn't understand how circlips work.

«2 »