Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

It's a S&W 52-2 with three barrels/slides, including a .22lr conversion made by Peter Stahl, plus 9mm and .38 wadcutter slides. Holy gently caress, I neeeeeeeeed this.
Are you actively bidding on this? I started bidding without thinking that you might already be bidding. I'll drop out if you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I've been hovering over the buy it now button on this Colt Python. The seller is really reputable among the ColtForum crowd and he states that the finish is original. So tempted. I just wish they didn't have such a reputation for fragility.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=344390662

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Fog Tripper posted:

Holy Jesus, that one and the 8" with the BIN of FIFTEEN THOUSAND better give morning blowjobs. I have no idea if those prices are what those revolvers fetch, but damned if I wouldn't be putting that kind of money into a pistol a famous cowboy used or some such.
Colt Python prices are through the roof now. Fine examples sell for 2k+ easy and especially rare version such as the short barrel Pythons sell for much more. Enough so that there is a booming market in regular Pythons rebarreled as short barrels and passed off as original. There is also a market in fake vintage Python boxes and grips.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

gimpsuitjones posted:

when did this happen?
A couple of days ago. Strategic Armory Corp which owns Surgeon Rifles and AWC Silencers bought Armalite. Surgeon is well regarded in US precision rifle circles and GA Precision also uses their actions in some of their rifles. So people are hopeful this will mean improved products and quality control.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

It's like a P9S slide (roller locked fixed barrel) on a 1911 frame. I'm definitely interested. Also roller locked pistols (well roller delayed) are awesome. My HK P9S Target and P9S Sport Group III are amazing. The fixed barrel combined with a great trigger make for very accurate shooting. That Korth is going to be a beast of a target pistol.

Yuns fucked around with this message at Dec 21, 2013 around 01:11

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

LifeSizePotato posted:

Shame about that ugly rail, though. As if the gun has pretensions of being a nightstand piece with a TLR-1 on it.
I thought the animation with the suppressor set up was crazy. I can't imagine any military unit using a suppressed Korth.

MohawkSatan posted:

When those actually come up for sale, am I going to have to start whoring myself for several years to afford one y/n?
Someone on pistol-forum was claiming that they start at $5400 and go up above $10k. Not sure where they are getting that from.

Yuns fucked around with this message at Dec 21, 2013 around 05:05

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Basticle posted:

I just found out a Company in Germany makes a 6" longslide CZ-97 called the CZ-97 Sport

The CZ 97 Sport looks a lot like the Sig P210 Supertarget down to using the same Nills grips.

http://www.sigsauer.de/englisch/sport/p210.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Some white whale HKs are for sale on HKPRO. I really really want to buy that HK P9. It predates the P9S and is one of the rarest HKs.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pisto...pics-added.html

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

One of my white whales is up for auction but I won't have the cash until May for it unless I sell something now and I have no dead weight in my collection now.

H&K prototype P9 serial STK006 from the collection of Friedrich Moll
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=388364399

BIN is $9800

There is also a rare P9 for sale on HKPro for $2250
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pisto...pics-added.html

It is super unusual to see one for sale let alone two.

Yuns fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2014 around 05:10

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Well the HK P9 prototype auction ended with no bid close to the BIN. I've decided to bid on it when it gets relisted but it'll be south of that BIN. The P9 has been discussed a lot on HKPro and I think that if the BIN was $5k-$6k it would have sold already. My main reservation that guys on HKPro have pointed out a potential slide crack near the ejection port.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Itchy Itchiford posted:

I really want a K38 with a target trigger, target hammer, and high polish blue. Something like this 14-3 but older.

Who am I joking, I'd gladly take a nice old model 14 or 15 with the previously mentioned options.
I'm really glad I purchased my 1956 pre-14 K38 Heavy Masterpiece. It has the heavy barrel, target trigger, target hammer and target grips along with a high polish blue. I originally felt I may have overpaid for it but it's such a great revolver and so much cheaper than the same vintage .357s.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

The reserve will probably be too high for me.

A matched set of 5 Sig Sauer pistols P210-6 P220 P225 P226 P230 made as part of the limited edition Vonbank series.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=416545746

Yuns fucked around with this message at May 16, 2014 around 04:30

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Just bought a VP9 just now from CDNN for $599 or so ($614 otd). It is a bit overhyped but still should be a solid pistol.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Juice posted:

Do not want
I literally googled this after you posted it because I wanted to find one to buy. I was disappointed to find out it wan't real. A gold tiger striped 1911 pattern 5.7mm pistol is so stupid that I'd be obligated to own one.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

New in box Sig (SAN era) P210-5LS
http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=5062203
price is too steep though. They are asking $7880. Import costs will drive that to $8500+.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I was pursuing this Korth revolver but I had to drop out of the auction since it will go above my personal limit now
http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=5082572
Rare matte stainless Korth Combat 357 4".

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Marc Wagner, the FFL who helps me locate rare euro stuff has a SL7 for sale:
http://www.gunsamerica.com/990388900/HK-SL7-308WIN.htm
Finish is a bit scuffed but its $1,965 not $3,000.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Quickshanks posted:

I feel like we're getting away from the fact that IR35's dad has a goddamn loving ASP potentially rusting away in a storage bin.
An ASP just sold for $5525 on gunbroker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=447495144

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Bleh Maestro posted:

Those little Kel Tec PMR 30's look pretty drat fun...
The PMR 30 is amazingly fun. It totally feels like a toy gun when you pick it up and ergos are not good. But the trigger is surprisingly nice (light and smooth with a bit of creep/travel almost like a rolling trigger).

Me and some guys from Glocktalk including bac, grecco, BuckyP, rinsport and others had a recent range day in PA when we brought out tons of our finest stuff including: 1911s: Wilson Supergrade, Custom built off a Remsport, Nighthawk Falcon, Colt CQBP (Marine M45), Les Baer Monolith, Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, Guncrafter No No Name and a bunch of other very nice ones I can't recall. Non-1911 semiautos included: Wolf Ultramatic SV 9mm, Sig Sauer X5 L1, Sig Sauer X5E Classic, Sig Sauer P210 Legend Supertarget, Sig Arms P210-5HF (Waffen Oschatz-tuned), customized Glock 35, a Glock in .22LR, customized Beretta Elite II, mint condition Beretta 89, HK Mark 23, HK P9S Target 9mm, HK P9S Sport Group III .45, a suppressed HK VP9, Sig P320, HK P7M10 .40, Pardini GT45-II 9mm, Sphinx Competitor, Benelli MP3S .32, CZ P-01, Kel-tec PMR-30, S&W 952, a Leckie-customized Browning Hi-Power, and Coonan .357 Mag. Revolvers included a S&W 29, an immaculate Colt Python, S&W 5-screw pre-14 K38, Freedom Arms 97 premier grade, and others.

In that illustrious company, the PMR-30 was a surprise hit. It looks and feels like a piece of poo poo but it was just really fun to shoot.

Yuns fucked around with this message at Nov 11, 2014 around 22:26

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I'm interested in ordering a Korth PRS in this plasma blue PVD finish except in a 6" barrel model with the barrel weight on the end. If I have a a choice in grips, I'll go with a wood burl.
This finish

With this barrel length and barrel weight

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I bought another pistol this morning:

I'm looking forward to it but it's going to be quite some time before I get it and can post a box thread.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Tempted to BIN this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=456087956

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

1 of 1 Korth. It is a Korth revolver that is a stainless triple lock model with .357 and 9mm cylinders and 8" and 4" barrels. Only 11 regular Korth triple locks were ever made. This is the only Korth triple lock in stainless that I am aware of and it comes with all those extra barrels and cylinders. If bing translate and my schoolboy German aren't failing me, it was the personal project of one of the gunsmiths at Korth and his personal gun and is now for sale. I am so so tempted but just can't justify it.

http://www.vdb-waffen.de/de/gebrauc...s_t=korth&o=neu

Yuns fucked around with this message at Jan 3, 2015 around 21:36

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I am actually very close to hitting the buy it now on this one. I will make a decision in the next few days.
http://egun.de/market/item.php?id=5195656
It is just a standard Korth Triple Lock with a 6" barrel in .357 Magnum with no extra cylinders. It is T009 of 11.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

With all fees and taxes, it'll be just under $3800. What's especially amazing is that Korth's rotate clockwise like Pythons so that the hand is rotating the cylinder in a direction that keeps the crane closed unlike the Smiths which are rotating the cylinder counterclockwise outward against the crane. This makes the triple lock especially unnecessary but what a wonderful addition like a tourbillion on a wristwatch.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Seriously, do it, if you regret it or someone close to you regrets it or gets mad just let me know and I'll find a way to buy it from you.

It's absolute perfection in terms of what I love about revolvers in so many ways.
I decided to buy the Korth. I'll find room for it in my collection.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

If dual-wielding Korth pics don't happen, we will be sooooo disappointed in you.
I got it so wait a few months for the dual wielding Korths.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Basticle posted:

What would it cost to import it? Was it Yuns that self-imported a bunch of expensive german guns?
Yes, I've been importing guns that I bought on egun (German version of gunbroker) to the U.S. It is also possible to import from some other European countries as well. France though is almost impossible. You don't have to pay VAT but you do have to pay various taxes and fees. All in it tends to add 500+ to the price of pistols.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

That Triple Lock in your hands yet?
No, the Germans are super slow in granting the export permits. I have a Benelli MP3S in 9mm and the Korth Triple Lock both of which are ultra rare sitting at my export agent office in Germany waiting on final paperwork. I've been consoling myself with my 2 new performance center S&Ws, the 4" 5906 IDPA and 5" SAO 3566. The stock 3566 trigger is 2.7 lbs.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Does the Benelli have those awesome looking finger groove grips?
Yes it does. I believe it also comes complete with the original leather covered case.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Ergonomic grips are useful on all sorts of pistols but especially useful on bullseye pistols like that S&W Model 52. Bullseye is shot at 50 yards and 25 yards one handed and the ergo grips provide the support needed for precision one handed shooting. A bullseye pistol like the 52 should be capable of about 2 inches at 50 yards.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I just ordered this pistol:
http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-fs-centennial/

Every single Beretta I own or will own (both of them) is now a single action only with a frame mounted safety.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

ThinkFear posted:

I love that whenever Beretta trips over a good idea, they decide to only make a handful.
The Centennial choices are really nice. Brigadier slide with replaceable front and rear sights, all steel frame, single action only, frame mounted safety that is operated in the 1911 manner, nice wood grips, and mirror polished bluing. If the Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical is the ultimate carry Beretta, the Centennial is the ultimate range 92. Unfortunately they won't make a reasonable cost standard version but instead only a very pricey limited edition.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

My buddy bac1023 just acquired a Korriphila HSP 701 and says its the best pistol he's ever owned. Considering his massive collection of rare semiautos and revolvers that's saying a lot. So I'm now on the hunt for a Korriphila HSP 701 or PP-10. Preferably a blued 5" DA/SA model but I'd be ok with 4" or stainless.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Not too long after I posted about my desire for a Korriphila HSP 701 with a 5" barrel, one popped up on Gunbroker. Here's hoping.

Yuns fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2015 around 15:07

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I have to admit I am both fascinated and repulsed by Korriphilas.

Good luck, I would love to hear your take on it.
It was quite painful bidding on it knowing that I could have a great Registered Magnum or Triple Lock Target for around the same price or a bit more but in the end I'm more of a semiauto guy and I will have an RM or TLT at some point in the future.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Speaking of that, the pistol I want this instant is the Manurhin MR73 Millennium edition that I've been offered and which is the reason I'm selling the Centennial. I just picked up a Korriphila HSP 701 so I'm tight on liquidity.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Basticle posted:

Were SPAS-15s ever imported back in the day?
Yes. Back when I first moved to Indiana in the early 90s, I saw a SPAS-12 and SPAS-15 hanging up on the wall of the first gun shop I visited. I was a broke rear end student or I would have bought both.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Are the high end Tanfoglios like the Gold worth it compared to the CZ TS or custom shop models like the CZ Custom CTS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

I wanted a Sig P210-5LS and P210-8 that were on gunbroker but the auctions just ended.
-5LS final price: $25,580
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=527428232
-8 final price: $13,025
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=527429841
Way outside my price range.

«2 »