Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Hayden posted:

I want to build an ar-10 I can consistently cold shoot and hit center mass at 300 yards. Of course I also want a piece of property I can walk ten feet out my back door and do just this, preferably with 100ish ft drop in elevation between firing line and target.

Since I'm a college student/bartender, I'll settle for a sw 686.

The rifle part isn't that hard to accomplish, and really, most any halfway decent centerfire rifle should be able to manage it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Every time I start thinking about this I consider myself an rear end in a top hat, but really I'm just not very into 99% of revolvers.

The ones I am into are the crazy rear end PPC revolvers.

I loving L O V E these things

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I just hit GIS for 'PPC revolver' every once in a while and drool for a little bit.

One of these days I'm going to price one and then never buy one because I doubt I'll be able to afford one

one one one one one

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Yeah, apparently they aren't terrible at all. I'll be damned.

After I get all my real wants out of the way and have a grand to spare, this might be where I start.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

Why would anyone deactivate a perfectly good awesome revolver?

So some dork can play pretend with it in england

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Can I get a USPc 9mm with a SAO trigger and ambidextrous safety? Because that's what I want RIGHT NOW.

Haven't ever seen an SAO USPc.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Goddamn HK. Why won't they give us what we want? (I know the answer is that the company exists to troll consumers, but still I ask)

V9 or 10 guns are effectively SAO, considering you can't decock, and once you load a round the hammer is cocked with no way to drop it but fire. Install a match trigger kit (in a full size gun) and you're looking at what's basically a very decent single action, polymer handgun.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Man one of these days I'm going to spend a small fortune on a 10/22 and it's going to be so loving cool

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Who gives two fucks about the roll mark? It doesn't matter at all and that's a ballin' 1911 so I say buy it son.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

HK made a briefcase gun and it rules

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

think of the children shoulders

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

soy posted:

I can sympathize, usually when I buy some massively expensive toy I am out of money for any doodads to paste onto it and end up buying cheap crap.

That said if I had a scar I would not put anything on it except my genitals.

they come with a2 grips which aren't great so i completely understand why he'd want a different grip on it

besides, it's just a grip, and i doubt even CAA can gently caress one up that badly, though that particular style is not for me!

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

I would snap one up ASAP if it were in 5.56

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

sky shark has/had an FNC at one point

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Fat Ogre posted:

Goon shoots sound like loving hell.

Guncon was great if you don't count the shooting. That part was scary as gently caress.

I've taken a few training courses with goons and they've been good experiences. I have a couple really good friends who are goons and are completely sane, safe, stand up dudes.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Zatheria posted:

Speaking of other things that HK is doing, does anyone know why they added the smooth sections on the front without rails?

It extended the free floating handguard for shooting against walls/windows/doors/barricades in general. The explanation I heard from an HK rep at one point said the Bundeswehr asked for it to be smooth because railed sections caught on poo poo.

Also just FYI the upper is all steel and the 16" version of it weighs almost 17 lbs unloaded and with no attachments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Guarantee the G28 has a giant heavy rear end barrel.