Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«19 »
Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

What gun do you have on your mind, right now?

Post a picture of it, maybe a description. Every time you want another gun, post another picture.

This isn't about guns on your hit list. This is about sitting at work with nothing to do, looking up guns and thinking; "I really want this". Don't post all the guns you want, just the one at this exact instant.

Edit (3/11/13): This is also a thread about discussing the guns you want, right this instant. If you have experience with a gun someone wants, tell them about it.

Feel like this about a gun? This is the place to post it!

http://i.imgur.com/j3wHdV3.mp4

I'll start with a Mike Krause .32acp Baby Luger.

Sixgun Strumpet fucked around with this message at Nov 4, 2016 around 17:39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

I've moved on from the baby luger to something else apparently produced by luger.

The SDK silenced rifle:

Supposedly the gestapo equivalent of the DeLisle carbine in 9mm.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

oh my loving god this is amazing

Tell me about it, when I first found it looking through GIS I thought it was something made up for some role playing game, but apparently it isn't.

Sixgun Strumpet fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2012 around 23:57

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

This gun is giving me vertigo.

Also, the gun I want at this instant is a Borchardt that is sitting in the gun shop and that I can actually afford at right this instant by dipping into emergency house funds oh hell why do these things happen to me?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I want this

I take it back, now I want this:

This site is awesome: http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Manu...le%20Index.html

Sixgun Strumpet fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2012 around 06:59

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

I just watched the 1988 version of The Hound Of The Baskervilles and now I need a Webley Metropolitan Police:

Saw a Belgian copy of this today. Same guy I bought the Bergmann from had it actually. Pretty awesome little gun, I would love to find a real Webley bulldog some day.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

Also, Gtab, I have held a Linda (the pistol) it was loving enormous. The carbine is called the Terry, I believe.

There's one in the gun shop by me right now, and a regular at the gun shows always has a bunch of them, I think he was involved in their manufacture somehow.

They are probably the most tasteless guns possible. They seem to be made ok but I can't get past how ugly they are.

The guy at the show has a poster for the Linda carbine, very early 90's big hair woman holding the gun I think. I should see if he has any more of the posters next show.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

Hell yes.

I want one of those pretty badly. Also, a Manhurin revolver. Also, an FN Barracuda revolver. Also, a Korth Revolver. Also, a Registered Magnum. Also, a Triple Lock.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I didn't know this existed until just now. Marlin 1894...in .41 Magnum. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that they make one, but it just hadn't. I may not be able to rest until I have one

I had my mitts on one but I ultimately decided to pass for a Marlin 1894 .41mag Cowboy Special http://www.gunauction.com/search/di...itemnum=7649755

Haven't found one for sale yet though.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

That makes me want

OTS-33 Pernach

This is awesome. I hate it too, since I can never have one.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

Yeah. The slab upper and the pointy trigger guard and the nice grip altogether make it just utterly gorgeous. I give it a pass on the slide safety on account of 1. i will never have one 2. it is an auto weapon so gently caress it

if it had that safety on the bare chunk of that frame, though, it'd probably reach Critical Hotness and we'd all die from acute desire poisoning

It reminds me that I love the concept of a heavy steel frame high capacity pistol chambered in 5.7mm or 4.6mm with a nice slab side slide. The HK UCP was sort of looking like it might be that, but it never got off the ground. The Five-seveN is entirely too plasticy for my taste, but I love the idea of it.

Really I just want a blued Coonan chambered in 5.7x28mm with a 30 round magazine.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

wasnt that UCP prototype plastic as gently caress too?

It was, but for a brief moment when I first saw a picture of it I thought it might be a steel frame gun.

The gun I want right this instant doesn't exist, and probably never will. Unless I start a boutique gun manufacturer catering to absurd design requests of random people on the internet.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I want a Winchester 1895 in 7.62x54r Russian contract.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Gunshow this weekend?

<Poof!> "Alakazam!",<poof!>

Sixgun Boxthread by Monday.

Hush you, don't jinx it.

But if my gunshow luck holds I'll come back with something unexpected like a Medusa or M1941 Johnson.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

bunnielab posted:

That is way too big and .460 out of a "squat barrel" is going to suck in a few different ways.

Honestly, one of the John Ross S&W 500s would be a good start as well.

But I think that X-frames are kinda dumb and when loaded hot are unsafe (really easy to double under recoil) as well. Also this guy:

Is just a better looking gun.

I want to see a Super Redhawk with a GP100 style full shrouded barrel on it.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I really lust over a Triple Lock.

Speaking of which, when this fellow lists off his guns:

I realized that I either already owned the guns on his list, or plan to own the guns on his list. Damnation I love that show, they need to hurry up with the season 2 DVDs.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Beardless posted:

If that thing had a detachable shoulder stock, it'd be pretty awesome, in a ridiculous kind of way.

Actually, you have a really drat good point.

If the barrel is 14 inches, it just needs, what, a flash hider on it? Then you can put a stock on it without it being an SBR?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

infrared35 posted:

Which reminds me, why does nobody in TFR own anything by Detonics?

That gun reminds me of something, something catte

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

big_dilli posted:

This owns. I want it right now.

I saw one, wanted it, picked it up, tried the trigger, no longer wanted it.

The Springfield longslide I handled was a new gun but in my opinion it really needed some work done to it before I would consider buying it.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

A boberg xr9-s

Not so much because I like the look of it, but because I must know how it shoots

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Both of these, equally bad.

An original M-Frame Ladysmith and a N-Frame Triple Lock.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

yo just fyi if you get one of these i am gonna assume your life talented mr. ripley style

Bruce in the gunshop has one. Says he has only ever possessed two in his life, sold the last one about 10 years ago for $19,000, and kept the nicer one (with a stock, foreguard, original manual) for himself. I can't imagine what it might be worth right now.

I highly doubt I will own one of these for many many years to come.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Rinkles posted:

But caseless still requires a powder charge. Moreover, it's hard to extrapolate what new advancements technological quantum leaps of this sort could leed to in the future. Although, of course, there are also a number of immediate advantages to caseless ammunition: lighter weight, efficient stacking and loading, no case ejection means a faster cyclic rate etc.

Keep in mind that no one wants faster cyclic rate. Guns already cycle too fast. The biggest benefit is weight, and the weight difference with/without brass is pretty negligible. The extra rounds you can get into a gun aren't enough to justify the change.

Frankly, there is still room for improvement with cased ammunition. Until that is totally done I don't expect we will have any serious caseless advances.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Risky posted:

I want an autoloader pistol chambered in .17 HMR. Why don't they make one?!?

Insane pressures. Autoloading .17HMR rifles destroyed themselves, .22 pistols would too. No one wants to bother changing a center fire design to work with .17hmr.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=276029544

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Gtab posted:

Yes, absolutely yes. The Ruger scout is only marginally interesting to me now but as a takedown rifle I would be hhhhhhhhhhhhhheck of hard for it

I'm going to have to agree with you there. Something about a rifle being takedown turns it from pretty neat into something that triggers the childlike holy poo poo transformers! reaction.

There are some takedown lever guns I will eventually own.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Yellowjacket posted:

Isn't the DEs action prone to jams when limp wristed?

To contribute I want a mannlicher classic with a full stock with such a passion my soul aches.

You can't say that and not say what caliber.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

infrared35 posted:

Do you have $175? If so, you could own one rather soon.

I should seriously just make this guy an offer on his whole collection, drive an hour north and pick them up.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I want the gun I just won on gunbroker in my hand this instant.

I hate waiting.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Dammit you cocktease, what have you done now <>

All I can say is that it will triple my pleasure, triple my fun.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

First Model, Third Issue chambered in man-stopping 22 short.

That too. I guess I'll have a double box thread.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

Mostly because there's one near me dirt cheap.

Richard Harrow posted:

Mmm, I have one of those...and a Smith & Wesson triple lock...A Roth-Steyr, a Webley .455, a mauser 1914...very small, Mmm, Enfield 1917 30-06, telescopic sight...very accurate, accurate to 700 yards. Mmm.

Speaking of which. Now I just need a Webley .455, Mauser 1914, and the Roth-Steyr and I have completed the Richard Harrow collection.

Shouldn't be too hard. I see the Mausers frequently and the Roth-Steyrs relatively often. The Webley may prove hard, they just don't seem to come up that often for me.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

Haha as if Sixgun Strumpet needs more guns.

He just wants to see what kind of crazy thing I would buy with $1500.

If that happens I that I will put the $1500 toward a Volcanic and fund the rest with trade ins.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I think I won!

What does 2 matching numbers get you? Like 2 mosins?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I like turtles posted:

If you got the yellow number and one white number, you get $3. If you got two white numbers you get nothing.

I get nothing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_UJxuQGXo

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

I just learned that Coonan made one of their 1911s chambered in .41 Magnum. So I want one of those.

(Can't find any photos of one, so that's the regular 357...which I also want.)

Sadly they didn't. They started working on them right before they went under. There are no plans to start that work up again.

The guys who are building the Coonans now don't even have the prototype as I understand it. I have a friend who lives near there who has just a few (9?) Coonans, all different variations and models. He brought them into the shop there one day and the guys were quite happy to see them, since most of them weren't guns they had ever actually seen before.

At this point they are so backed up with new production guns I doubt they will think about resurrecting the .41 mag idea for years, if ever.

mikerock posted:

Sixgun has (had?) one and shooting it was like riding a unicorn.

Has, it's a Model A. Pondering selling it right now however. We will see.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

http://www.rockislandauction.com/vi...aid/55/lid/1589

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

They made a video talking about that one among others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geNz...10&feature=plcp

I want a Mannlicher 1894 right now.

I love that. It's like some sort of trick of perspective.

«19 »