Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

SpartanIV posted:

Pretty much decided I need one of these right now

I know it's a Kel Tec, but it just looks like so much fun

I have one of these (supposedly) coming in for me to review soon.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really excited to play with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Atticus_1354 posted:

Now I am back around to a semi shotgun. This time cheaper base gun with a pile of accessories.

I would want a 930 so much more if it had 4 more inches of barrel and interchangeable chokes as an option in the spx model

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Atticus_1354 posted:

Yeah if I get one I will eventually want it threaded. But maybe you should look at this.

I saw that before and

although you are rapidly approaching $benelli there.

e: although to be fair, it's already all upgraded, unlike a benelli

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2012 around 20:37

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Inaccurate, inconvenient, and basically just silly any way you cut it but ak pistols give me the biggest firearm boner ever. I haven't had an ak in probably 5 years but am absolutely obsessed with them, I even have a tattoo with an ak in it. I regret selling mine every day but the bills needed paying. I think one reason I want the pistol ak so bad is because I want to practice practice and practice with it so when people tell me how lovely they are I can hit them with the biggest that i can muster. I don't plan on battling zombies, home invaders, or invading russian troops so I could give a poo poo about utility I am strictly a target shooting hobbyist so why the gently caress not get a ridiculous and fun gun?

Yes. This is the AK pattern rifle that I want. Apparently there are some smiths/dealers in MD that bring these in, pin and weld a muzzle device and put a stock on them, then sell them to you to get around the dumb assault pistol legislation. Then when your Form 1 clears, included in your purchase price is the cost to remove the muzzle device and engrave it. Then you go hog wild with a sweet new Draco SBR.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=277282651

God do I want it though

also a Super Vepr with that ballin stock

I think I just have a thing for wood stocks with wood adjustable cheekpieces.

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2012 around 02:38

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Operating Rod posted:

I DO NOT want an M&P 9mm. Is the idea there to have no tactile trigger reset at all?

Ugh.

Apparently the reset can be fixed with a replacement part from APEX.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Gtab posted:

you know that a loving hi-point carbine costs like six bucks right

Too much money for what they are.

e: also knowing KotB, he's probably referring to the CZ at the bottom of that picture

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Tikka T3 Varmint in 6.5x55

That one is some guy's on snipershide with a MacMillan A-5 and a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 scope.

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Apr 8, 2012 around 07:41

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Gtab posted:

Oh boy can I ever

Guts:

Reminds me of Beretta's autoloader designs.

Specifically, the bolt and op rod area, but the whole receiver looks a lot like the 1201

e:herr i do pikshar gud

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2012 around 01:31

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I want a good set of files, including a rounded one, so I can fit my grip safety on my 1911 of turkish woe a little better.

Turd polishing == project gun

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

My dad's got a 6" full underlug DW, and he kicks himself every time he has it out for not buying the pistol pak back in the 70s

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

kill me now posted:

I think I've decided that I really want to pick up a Mossberg MVP in the near future.

There is something just really appealing about being able to load up all of my AR mags (10, 20, and 30rnd) with 55gr Hornaday steel match and head out to the range with my AR and an MVP and just shoot all day without blowing all of my money.

Theres also something really appealing to me about doing this

If you haven't read my review of it, do so. There were some pretty glaring flaws in the one I reviewed, I wouldn't buy one.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog...erg-mvp-review/

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Gtab posted:

i felt you might want this serious, constructive criticism that half measures benefit no one so you may as well go whole hog.

That is exactly the kind of feedback I need, especially as a new review writer.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

QuarkMartial posted:

Seeing this video* has rekindled my interest in getting a S&W625. Seems like a much more fun and interesting way to shoot 45 than a 1911.

*Just found it through youtube surfing

I am curious as to why he didn't go single action on some of those longer steel plates, also I think he he needs either a harder hammer spring, or softer primers on on his ammo.

Other than that it was a good run, especially for an unclassified shooter. I'd be curious to see how he is classified in other divisions.

e: on closer looking, he is an A-class shooter in Open division.

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2012 around 01:09

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

infrared35 posted:

Oh yeah. Took an M10 for a test drive at an IDPA match a while back and it was slick. The owner claimed to have over a hundred thousand rounds through it.

fat

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

It pleases me to see you posting. I miss you.

Also get that medusa. Or something equally cool. The medusa will be hard to top though.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

A .22lr slide for my G34

So i can pew pew to my hearts content and not worry about ammo costs

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

On the plus side, magpul is making magazines for the G36, so you wont get $raped on those.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I miss G43

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

oh no you didnt

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I want that pen.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

MohawkSatan posted:

I want something that doesn't exist: A big, ugly, blocky pistol firing a fat, straight walled shell(think .454 Casull) with a 10 round magazine in front of the trigger.

Basically I want a goddamned Bolter to get my nerd on .

gently caress that, I want a scaled-up C96 in some stupid big caliber now.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Oh sweet jesus a C96 that takes M1 Carbine mags.

I need this.

gently caress you MD assault pistol laws I NEED THIS

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cyrano4747 posted:

cyranowned

My... my dreams.

Crushed.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

Poor Maze with that KSG piece of poo poo.

vv

The review is up on TFB now, if you want to read it.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-tec-ksg-again/

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is that your review? I really like it, nice and balanced and it actually addresses real problems with a new platform while agknowledging the good bits.

That said, you really need to work on some comma stuff in there. It's really the only thing that keeps the article from reading like a professionally put together piece, but it really gets distracting in places.

It is mine. Thanks, I really do appreciate the feedback, especially from someone who does a lot more serious writing than I. I've gotten similar feedback on this one from others, my final editing pass was done when I was quite tired, and I missed a good bit on the back end.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Ohh.

Ohhhh Myyyy

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

monkeyharness posted:

I wouldn't mind having a Kel-Tec KSG to play around with.

Ugh, no you don't.

e: Let me qualify that.
I wrote this.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-tec-ksg-again/

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2013 around 04:41

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I daydreamed up a .44 Mag O/U double rifle.

And I need it.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

gfanikf posted:

Is it wrong to get just a little giddy at the idea of a bolt gun that takes AR http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/mos...new-gun-review/

That said I kind of want a Ruger Gunsite Scout for some reason.

I don't really hunt I just want a cool long range bolt gun....maybe I should just get a drat Mosin instead?

Yes, it is wrong, mainly because Mossberg rifles are junk. MVP's fit and finish is pretty bad, and I couldn't get all that good accuracy out of it, or feed reliability.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Dick Burglar posted:

Aw, man. And I was all excited. That's a bummer.

I guess I'll continue lusting after a Mannlicher-stocked CZ 527 instead.

Yes, this is a correct post.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I want an Uberti 1847 Walker Colt. I've never owned a bp gun before, I want a bp revolver, and I want an absurdly large handgun as well, so I figure, the 1847 fills all those nicely.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

You may even want to consider an AR-10 based build if you're looking to do long-range stuff. The AR-15 magazine well is a pretty big limitation when you're talking long-range performance.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

PWS makes a Toggle Action 10/22 receiver, it's pretty neat looking, but also like $gently caress

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

SpartanIV posted:

I'm debating trying to drive up to PA from TX to attend one of your shoots. They look like a lot of fun

Hey, we drove down to TX for a match, so it's not unheard of

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Jymmybob posted:

You guys are literally the worst influence

Friend of mine has one like that, it's a loving laser. Great pistol

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Butch Cassidy posted:

The brake is obnoxious, loud as all gently caress, and shakes the ground. About half the attraction, to be honest

Never shot one without the brake, so I don't know how well the design handles recoil on its own.

This now makes me want a Ruger scout with an XTC.

Rainier no longer sells the XTC. There's the RAC (2 chambers, all angry, no flash hider), and the RMC (1 chamber no flash hider stuff, similar to that AAC tank brake).

Dunno if either of these is offered in .30 cal variants

e: the mini is offered in .30, but is out of stock right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Bummey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVCi-Pk_-dw

I want this so badly you have no idea. A semi auto/bolt action 22 is insanely cool to me. And look at that teeny tiny magazine!

I want a modern version of this that I wouldn't feel bad chopping down and making a suppressor host out of it because that would be MGS3 as gently caress

«3 »