Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

IT FEEDS FROM loving P08 MAGS?

Oh look, a bullpup that Gtab thinks is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I guess the Benelli M4 H2O. Trying to figure out street pricing on it from a dealer who offered me a 1919 instead for some reason the stupid Turkish AR pattern 12ga

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

A Marlin .357. Like this one:

Pretty much exactly that one. I think it belongs to sza

Isn't complete without one of these: http://www.skinnersights.com/

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Is that a thing? Because it would be awesome.

They're also quite rare and thus expensive

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

wilfoy posted:

S&W naming conventions are all kinds of hosed up, but isn't the 586 exactly the same as a 686 but with a blued finish?

Yes.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

I want one of these retarded guns and I can't have it.

Actually I'm still kind of surprised no one from here has been idiot/crazy enough to buy one.

They're a grand and there's a long preorder list

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

wilfoy posted:

I just had another idea pop into my head: A suppressed S&W 41

This is on the list if I decide to get a suppressor

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Also .38spl is cheaper than .45lc.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

Man that owns but I bet it makes some dudes super angry.

If it was like $500 I'd buy that right away. $1100 seems steep though.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Or reload subsonic x39?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

BeanTaco posted:

It is

Craptacular however is a bad person who doesn't know what is and what isn't fun.

Craptacular owns multiple machineguns, so he has *some* idea of what is fun.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

I would buy one if they didnt have the seam. Just make the exterior a sleeve and make the barrel internal, pinned, and we can all be happy.

Same.

I only have one datapoint for this theory so far, but it appears that the new run with fiber front sights has substantially better QC when it comes to the triggers and whatnot. If this is true I need to find a 2" White Rhino, to avoid the seam.
I also see that they are listing .40s&w and 9x21 as calibers for the Rhino. I wish they would have just released 9x19.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Beardless posted:

If that thing had a detachable shoulder stock, it'd be pretty awesome, in a ridiculous kind of way.

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

kwantam posted:

Is there a "once a pistol always a pistol" issue, or does that only go the other way?

Recently they've clarified that a pistol can be made into a title one rifle and then turned back into a pistol as long as at no point the short barrel and stock are on the gun at the same time

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

kwantam posted:

aaaawesome

Specifically, this ruling: http://www.atf.gov/regulations-ruli...ling-2011-4.pdf

quote:

Held further, a firearm, as defined by 26 U.S.C. 5845(a)(3) and (a)(4), is not made when a pistol is attached to a part or parts designed to convert the pistol into a rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and the parts are later unassembled in a configuration not regulated under the NFA (e.g., as a pistol).

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Yellowjacket posted:

I sigh lovingly every time I see this one at the gun shop

You should.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

No longer in production, correct?

Not really, but they're still moderately available for the time being.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Risky posted:

I want an autoloader pistol chambered in .17 HMR. Why don't they make one?!?

There were a number of semi auto rifles in .17 HMR that got recalled because they ended up causing some KBs, IIRC. The problem was basically that they tried to scale a .22LR blowback rifle up to .22WMR/.17HMR and the line between "cycles" and "cycles too early" was hard to get right.
I imagine it would be a similar challenge in a .17HMR semi auto pistol.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

I fired one fully auto with the stock and a can. It was awesome, way better than the Skorpion I fired next to it.

The one I shot had really drat annoying muzzle rise on FA. It was the worst of anything I shot that day, including a mini uzi and a BAR and others.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Gtab posted:

The one I shot had a VFG like so:

And I had no issues with it. Well, I mean, there was nothing I didn't expect while firing a machine pistol versus a proper SMG. There was some rise but I sort of accepted that.

What is a BAR like? I've shot an M2 carbine and a Thompson.

It was as awesome as you could hope.
I got slo mo video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvcnIfK_GA

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

If I win Mega Millions jackpot and there are fewer than 10 other jackpot winners, I will give the top 10 posters (not including myself) in this thread as of this post $1500 to buy whatever gun they want. Or I guess you could use it for bills or whatever.
They are:
Gtab
wilfoy
Sixgun Strumpet
Butch Cassidy
priznat
Bummey
Beardless
infrared35
Atticus_1354
QuarkMartial

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

In a shocking turn of events, I didn't win. Sorry guys.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I think I won!

What does 2 matching numbers get you? Like 2 mosins?

If you got the yellow number and one white number, you get $3. If you got two white numbers you get nothing.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Just found out about these.
A SIG AMT

Click for huge
Need extra 8 grand

I mean.

Jesus christ.

The California ban list has some cool poo poo on it.

I like turtles fucked around with this message at Apr 2, 2012 around 22:11

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

"POLICEMAN'S ANNUAL BALL 2011 TOP CONTRIBUTOR"

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Worldguns says it can feed from type 56 mags

quote:

Ammunition is fed from Type 56 (Kalashnikov) 30-round magazines, or from 75-round drums intended for the Type 81 light machine gun.
http://world.guns.ru/assault/ch/type-1-e.html

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Denzine posted:

Yes let's only talk about guns that are practical in this thread entitled "What gun do you want this instant?"

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/doubl...h-mp-412-e.html

I want one of these. I've wanted one of these for quite some time. It is unlikely that I will ever have one because the project was cancelled, the only existing examples are probably sitting in a dusty safe somewhere across the ocean thousands of miles away, and I don't think anyone makes a comparable model.

I want one so I can pretend to be a space detective.
shut up

If it is space detective you want, space detective you shall have

Stupid bad QC and stupid barrel seam

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

LifeSizePotato posted:

On Rhino chat, I kind of want the 9mm Rhino this instant. They're supposedly coming out soon, but I'm not chomping at the bit due to their lousy quality control. I think that would do it on the Rhinos for me.

I only have one data point so far, but the recent Rhino I played with that had the factory front fiber sight seemed pretty solid.

The 9mm rhino listed on the Chiappa site is in 9x21, which would make it, of course, somewhat less attractive in terms of "I can afford to shoot this a lot".

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Operating Rod posted:

1) Single-action revolver

4) Marlin 1894 with Skinner "tactical" sights, rail, and a red dot

The best options.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Switzerland, but yeah.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Sten Freak posted:

From a couple pages back but I'm interested to see what this summer brings for my gun collection. CO is very arid so swamp coolers are common here. My new (old) house has one. I may end up having to get some dehumidification devices for my safe or the entire gun room/workshop.

I'm in Arizona so we've got a bunch of swamp coolers here too, the only time I've ever had any rust appear was towards the end of a week long monsoon. I've kept guns in swamp cooled houses for years and never had a problem.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Akion posted:

A wind tunnel filled with awesome. What is it and where can I get one?

Edit: Ah, found it. God dammit: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...m=288030749#PIC

So tempting...

drat, that's the first time I've seen one of those up in quite a while

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Akion posted:

Yeah, and apparently they only made 500 in Nickel.

There is another one up that needs work here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=287004192

Also an Olympic clone here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=287355962

As much as TFR hates Nickel, this gun pulls it off well.

LifeSizedPotato or Sixgun need to buy this so I can live vicariously through them.

Pff, LSP already has one, what do you think this is, amateur hour?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Wildey posted:

The marine model seems to be a white/silver, doesn't NP3+ give a satin-nickel look?

The marine is satin as well. It's just hard to take pictures of.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Oh my god.

I did not know about the FN Barracuda before five minutes ago. And now I know what true Want is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpkitLUbeEg

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

+

Maybe dremel off the front sight and attach it to the slide with JB weld

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Ehhh, from what I've heard, when they actually work and have good quality internals, they're pretty fun to shoot.
It's just getting one that works and has good quality internals.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

darnon posted:

Well, you didn't have to go through an FFL until some nutjob shot the president with a mail order milsurp rifle, so we can't have nice things anymore. Such a system would probably only last until the first mass shooting and then it'd be back to where we are now or worse.

The only margin of convenience I think you'll see from the ATF in the near future is if they actually do end up making the NFA/licensing system electronic and so as not to take 3-6 months.

YOU WANT TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR PEOPLE TO BUY MACHINEGUNS?!!!???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

infrared35 posted:

Sure, and it'll ride in on the back of a magical unicorn just like the Glock-mag AUG clone.

I'd think you were kidding, but your avatar being what it is...

«2 »