Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

I've been really hurting for a Benelli B76 since they came up in some thread the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

I need a loving FAL.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

Bummey posted:

Oh man, I should. I really should. $800ish?, plus $60 transfer fee on MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPONS at fuddy shops around here, plus ammo...

J&G has the Century version in stock for $499, I have one and it's very nice. DOOOO EEEEET

e: get the mags from AIM, though, they're much cheaper and I think they still throw in a pouch if you buy four. And 7.62 is cheap!

TACTICAL SANDALS fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2012 around 08:24

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

Butch Cassidy posted:

Yeah, but looks cool and this whole project is to be ridiculous from the start. The only 9mm AR for me has an integrally suppressed barrel and a giggle-switch.

Derp. gently caress it, worth the $200 for the SBR if I get a decent bonus next year.

Not suppressed, but it is FA (and for sale):

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

It's a S&W 52-2 with three barrels/slides, including a .22lr conversion made by Peter Stahl, plus 9mm and .38 wadcutter slides. Holy gently caress, I neeeeeeeeed this.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that is awesome. Yes, you really need to buy that. That seller always has the coolest poo poo. As for what I want right now, I kinda need one of those Savage .22 pumps you posted so THANKS A LOT

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

Is the model 41 trigger as nice as the 52?

It's pretty goddamn close

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

you know what you need to do

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

wait wait wait, how hard is it to suppress a 41? Is it just an adapter bushing like later S&Ws?

Either get a custom threaded barrel (I forget who makes one anymore) or do what I did and get the dude at EWK arms to counterbore and add a threaded adapter to an existing barrel

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

Holy gently caress I forgot all about that and you being that dude. One of my favorite posts in TFR thus far. I'd love to try a 41 vs my Beretta 102 (or not, I can't afford that poo poo)

I'd be curious to compare the two also. My guess is the beretta would hold its own pretty well against the 41.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

Miso Beno posted:

You should get one, they're a hoot. I love mine.

so cute~~~

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

drat that gun is probably fun as gently caress

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=547340113

Doesn't someone here have one of these? I have no idea what pricing is usually like on these, I don't think I've ever seen one for sale before actually. Not like I can afford it either way lol

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

How's the grip thickness on those, how clunky in the hand? I'm still pondering getting one as a suppressor host when I get back to the US, optimally in .30 Luger but I could do 9mm Police/Ultra as well.

My quick and unscientific answer is "fatter than a Glock"

I find the grips to be very comfortable actually, which is good since there are approx zero aftermarket options. The trigger is also surprisingly nice. That said, they're not the easiest guns to even find for sale, especially in the calibers you want. Also what were you going to do for a threaded barrel? Can a (competent) smith tack a bit extra on to a barrel and thread that? I think I remember seeing that when looking for a threaded S&W Model 39 barrel.

That being said you should definitely get one and suppress it that would be hot as gently caress

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

wontondestruction posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/561782498

I don't know what kind of money this thing would/should go for, but I want it. Yuns, your thoughts, please?

They're going for stupid dollars on gunbroker the last year or so. If I had to guess it will be over $1k. Your best bet if you want a B76 is to find one listed somewhere other than GB. Forums, Armslist, etc. I found mine on a small live auction site so there wasn't as much competition but I still had to fight for it. They don't come up for sale every day and seem to be getting more desirable. Good luck!!!

E: actually bothered to look at all the photos, with box that's over 1.2k easy

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

It is a pretty cool box. Retro 80s line renderings will never go out of style.

I wanted a boxed one super loving bad but I'm happy with what I got and what i paid for it. I regret not trying harder to get one when they were $400 guns but such is life. Although right arm sold me his B80 for not much more than that so I guess I can't complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 6, 2009

This turd

I probably can't swing it so one of you jerks should buy it instead

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/580675252