Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

A 1911. That's the hand gun I've always wanted but the prices make me so sad.

edit: Because I wanted one with history, I reckon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cyrano4747 posted:

if you can afford ~$600 you can afford a shooter USGI 1911

No poo poo? That's about my handgun budget.

The gun shows around here seem kind of weak, but that's because we apparently have pretty strict gun laws (Maryland). Which is weird because I came from a place with literally insane gun laws (NJ) and this place seems like firearm paradise to me. The fact that I had to fill out (far less) less documentation to buy a gun than I had to fill out to get in-state tuition for grad school bowled me over.

And for a handgun permit, apparently I just watch a video, which the FFL can show me right then, and then I'm set?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

He says nothing about its firing condition, that makes me nervous.

edit: I also unfortunately do not have the money before the auction would be over, since I don't get paid until the 15th

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at May 9, 2012 around 16:25

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

So the gun shop had one of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

Now it's not what you call a "gun you can take to the range" but it was really loving cool. I knew what it was but I didn't know the details like "no rifled barrel." The guy at the store didn't even know how to really show it to me, but we eventually figured it out.

It was just so weird looking and obviously just a piece of junk, but knowing what it was for just made it so cool.

However, it also wasn't $450 cool

edit: Yes at $450 it was most definitely a replica, as it was also spotless. It still is cool as hell.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bunnielab posted:

What store?

It was a place in Fredricksburg, VA

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

54R's cheaper than 9mm.

The hell you talking about? Where is this? I imagine you're talking surplus, but even then. Also, I can't find loving surplus for sale, and there's no gun shows in Maryland until September or some nonsense.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I like how gtab considers that picture normal and not goony at all.

Gtab is the sriracha in my TFR.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Gtab posted:

I try very hard to be positive in this thread towards "I want X" but if you're straight up gonna ask if Witnesses are any good after mentioning 10mm I am loving compelled to tell you right now that 10mm Witnesses have a loooooooooooong history of cracking frames and slides on the 10mm guns, and it has never actually been fixed.

They're extremely attractive pistols, but the 10mm ones have a laundry list of problems.

Once again Gtab you have crushed my gun boner

Or you might say, guner.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Speaking of Single Sixes,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=332288759

I don't know, I want this. I do live in Maryland so the state is appropriate, and the length of time I'd have to wait to be approved to receive it would make it even more ironic.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Someone who didn't know where the IMG000[X].jpg ended I guess?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Along those lines, I still really want my loving Glock 33 I paid for 44 days ago. loving Maryland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Terrible photo because it's in a really dirty display case. Click for huge.

I assume the lack of price is "if you have to ask you can't afford it." Aren't bare used Hi Standards $800+ on their own?