Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Goddamn hard to come across. Uberti makes a passable replica, which is what I'll end up getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

It is a Baikal, also known as Izhmash. My break in procedure for my EAA SPR-310S (or IZH-27 in Russia) was to take the stock off and blow all of the metal filings and flashing out of it every 200 rounds. H&H it ain't.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

I should have also mentioned that the shotgun is loving awesome, warts and all, provided you're ok with giving it some tlc. If you're looking for out of the box Remington quality (and all that implies) just get a Remington. But if you're comfortable with some punches and emery paper then go nuts. Spare parts are available via EAA.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Carbohydrates posted:

gently caress that big block of rail, though. Get the one with the integral FN-branded Docter sight.

Link? All they're selling is the TR. You can get a low mount from TROS for Aimpoints and such, and there's an aftermarket receiver that's even more minimalist. Never saw an integral FN Docter, though.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

SadWhaleFamily posted:

That is just so completely, thoroughly stupid.

I want one. I want two.

That's the only Sig that looks like half the ugly has been bred out of it. I could own that.

I feel as though I don't have enough bottleneck pistol cartridges to trim while reloading.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

OssiansFolly posted:

I think today is the day I go buy my Mosin...I feel like I owe myself a birthday gift.

[img-stealing-from-wikipedia]

You better be getting that particular one. I just cruised by this thread and got a sudden erection for that unaltered, early featured M91.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Well that's just drat delicious. Expensive, but delicious.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Just bid on this, thanks.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Quickshanks posted:

The hell is up with Five-seven used prices? People are consistently bidding the exact same for used ones that brand new ones have buy it nows for. For a pistol that shoots obscenely high pressure ammo that could be wrecked by a handload...I mean, I saved 900 dollars buying a Mark 23 used and it's a tremendously overbuilt, nigh invincible machine shooting low pressure .45.

What's up with the way they are priced in the first place? I'm starting to be put off this whole thing.

This is the used market for drat near everything. People think that guns on average retain 100-125% of their value, and they price according to the MSRP+20% that they paid at their local fudd shop. My local boards are full of used LCPs for $350 and G19s at $600.

If it's any consolation, I've been watching used SOCOM 16s go for MSRP or higher for the past few months while looking for a deal.

Some of the niche stuff may just always have artificially inflated gunbroker prices due to stupidity. The price of a good deal is eternal vigilance.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Swiss semi-auto sniper prototype, serial number 3.

Jeeeeesus.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Butch Cassidy posted:

No idea when I'll next get to shoot with him. The only really remarkable details would be the fat front sight and porting at the muzzle. I like how easy the front sight is to pick up when shouldering and it scores bonus points for being a night sight. The porting works as intended.

The porting may actually be a threaded brake, I don't rightly remember.

The ported flash hider is integral to the front sight deck. And I swear you could set down a cup of tea on the stock front sight, it's hilarious. Thankfully it's somewhat easily fixed, both front and rear.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

http://www.usafirearmscorp.com/

10", .475 Wildey Magnum, 1600+ fps at the muzzle with a 300gr bullet.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Reynold posted:

I've been eyeballing PSLs for a while after reloading a bunch of 7.62x54r. I gather that, depending upon my dice roll, a good Romanian PSL is capable of 1-3 MOA. Confirm/deny?

Confirm, although I used handloads with bullets matched to the slugged barrel. It ain't no Kreiger match barrel, it's a semi-DMR AK.

I'd eyeball the >=23" VEPR-54R, slap some Ironwood on it. Less janky.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

inspection day posted:

An fn-49, 8mm in original egyptian matching stock and receiver. But since I'm Canadian, I'm sure this'll be my white whale.

Come to America.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

fknlo posted:

You fill the casing full of powder and jam the bullet in there right?

Black powder works that way, Bullseye should be the same!

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

fknlo posted:

What's the hivemind consensus? All the videos I've seen make them look fun as poo poo.

Finicky, heavy, and expensive, it takes considerable effort, voodoo, and woo to squeeze accuracy out of them. They're prone to runaway slamfires, and SA even includes a brochure on how to avoid it, new out of the box. Calling Springfield "quality" would be charity; there's a decent amount of lemons sent back detailed on the M14 forums, mine included (for rebarrelling). Accessories are pricey, and optics are shoehorned onto the platform and don't really belong there.

They're also loving awesome.

If you get the SOCOM, do yourself a favor and immediately replace the rear with a USGI and the front with a new sight deck and USGI blade. The factory sights are stupid thick, almost like putting Glock sights on a rifle. I swear you could set a teacup down on the front sight blade and not spill a drop while shooting.

edit: I forgot to mention that the barrel is also the same diameter and material as capellini. POI shift for suppressors are on average 12 MOA down and several over. Makes the A1 pencil profile look chunky by comparison.

Buy one today! Seriously, as long as you're under no illusions that it's some sort of divinely-inspired battle rifle it's amazing fun.

DkHelmet fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2017 around 02:20

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

There's also this (I love these guys):

csspecs posted:

And we have just now added a 30 round steel magazine for the M14 and M1A rifles. These are a totally new design for this rifle, not a slightly adjusted 50+ year old design. We added some reinforcement on the feed lips, and body panels. As well as an easy take down floor plate along with other improvements.

http://stores.csspecs.com/m14-30-round-magazine/

DkHelmet fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2017 around 02:20

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Why is this a $3000 1911?

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Apparently I missed the memo when this thing got announced. I've got a comedy inquiry to the importer, one "Luxury Firearms" and fully expect to hear something outrageous.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Basticle posted:

the TFB article says estimates are $7-8K

I'm honestly curious. If I was ever in the position where I was required to burn a few grand on a stupid handgun in a bizarre caliber, it'd be a 475 Wildey.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

DkHelmet posted:

I'm honestly curious. If I was ever in the position where I was required to burn a few grand on a stupid handgun in a bizarre caliber, it'd be a 475 Wildey.

Basticle posted:

the TFB article says estimates are $7-8K

Confirmed, $7500. No ammo availability atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

PTR-91 classic. I think I'm broken.