Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Glock 17. Must be Gen 3.

Not Gen 4.

Not Gen 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Gtab posted:

I knew we'd win you eventually. Get an OD and we'll be Gen 3 17OD pals.

You know I have a Gen 3 Glock 34 already right

So now I need the 17 for carry/backup.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Just thought I'd pop back in and say

M1 Carbine. Again. I just cruised around the internet looking at prices, figuring out what I'd likely need to sell to get one. Most everything I own. loving seven hundred is about the price of entry now. (I am a cheap bastard with cheap guns. All the ones I'd consider selling don't add up to much).

So I've given up on the M1 carbine. I'm going to cozy up to a revolver in .44 or .41 magnum. It just galls me to think of all those fuckers that bought 3 or 4 carbines at a time "to support youth shooting sports", then flipped them. Thanks, CMP, for your lax enforcement of your own mission statement.

I'm with you

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

I kinda just realized I'm going to need a second Glock 34.

Curses.

:iamafag:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

moker posted:

I own a sig 226 and a kimber 1911 but nothing feels as great as a glock we're eternal enemies

I'll prolly wait for a gun show to handle one and then buy it on impulse

If you are already a Glock guy then you have no excuse. Get the 34, they are fantastic.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Ok guess I'm going to officially say gen 3 GLOCK 35.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Gtab posted:

When did you move to .40

To shoot Limited (Major) someday

edit: And I say that but it's still hard to imagine. Dammit, I just can't make up my loving mind.

Drav fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2012 around 01:50

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Pitch posted:

I think it's an issue with how the forums displays on Webkit, which Chrome, Safari, and some mobile browsers are built on. The same with TIMG being nonfunctional on Webkit.

Edit: There's a fix that only fixes the TIMG issue and there's one that fixes both. This should fix both.

And this is the thread about it. Worked for me. Pretty sweet, thanks.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Uncle Caveman posted:

This fixed the timg issue for me but not the text issue.

Didn't fix italics in Chrome for me either but there's a javascript file later in the thread to try too.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Drav posted:

Didn't fix italics in Chrome for me either but there's a javascript file later in the thread to try too.

For the record, clicking the javascript link in this post later in the thread did work for me. All italics, links, and emoticons now display perfectly in-line with Chrome.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

I got my Glock 35 yesterday! For $450!

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

-S&W 625 for shooting Revolver division someday. I've fired a revolver maybe once that I can remember, so it would be something I do to make me a more well-rounded shooter in the future.

-AR-15 with an 18-20" barrel and an ACOG. I've had 3 AR's in the past, all of which are gone now because I find the "CQB" setup pretty drat boring. So for my next one I'd like it to be one for distance -- not for pure gimpsuit distance, but for 3-gun distance. And I've always wanted an ACOG but have never been able to afford one (still can't). But this build would also be to help me be more well-rounded, as I've never shot at anything past 200 yards in my life.

-Mossberg 930 SPX, or the newish FN semi-auto shotgun I can't think of the name of right now. If I ever do get another shotgun (all my previous ones have also been sold for being boring) it'd be one of these for 3-gun.

-Marlin 1894? or whatever the coolest lever-action gun is. I just think they're cool, and they remind me of the Red Ryder with which I first learned to shoot.

-Lots and lots of 9mm ammo, enough to make Master in Production. This item should probably be first on the list because none of those previous items are going to happen before this one. But it still helps to have goals, right?

Basically I don't collect guns at all, but I love to collect skill(s) and compete. So everything I want would be to learn a new type of firearm with enough skill to be competitive in its use. In my middle age I've come to realize I only keep the guns I compete with, so I might as well embrace it.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

The FN SLP? Those seem pretty dang slick. After watching both seasons of 3 Gun Nation this week, I really want one, too. FN claims it's the fastest shotgun action on the market. Not that I'm anywhere near the level where that would matter, but that's still pretty spiffy.

Yup, that's the one.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Carbohydrates posted:

I hold all (non pistol gripped) longarms with my thumb resting on the side of the stock pointing forward, not wrapped around it. It's especially important with that rifle, since it's my competition levergun: with your thumb resting on the side of the stock, the gun is much easier to lever quickly than with your thumb wrapped around.

What sport competes with a levergun? Cowboy action?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Awesome. I want pics or vids or something from you in the rear end thread pronto.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Mad Dragon posted:

I wouldn't get anything with Moron Label engraved on it.

Let's not discuss the price tag, let's go straight to the heart of the matter roll mark

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Parts Kit posted:

I've been wanting one of these too for a while, but I haven't even seen one locally at a crappy price, much less a good deal.

gently caress yeah you do

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Parts Kit posted:

Oh well, it'll give me time to see if anyone will be a bitch about me doing a run with the Super Blackhawk in Production just for shits and giggles.

There is a revolver division fyi

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

I would like to give this a try

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Craptacular posted:

Some Russian pistol, so we can't get it here.

Like never ever ever?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Gtab posted:

Buy a tacsol paclite (hint this is a second pistol because Ruger/the ATF are retarded) in matte black instead. More money: probably. Upside: NAVY SEAL DEATH KILLER PIMP DAWG ELITE DELTA FORCE .22LR

So is the 22/45 lite not good

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Totally TWISTED posted:

The -est of Gtab posts.
Gtab raises all posts

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

beanieson posted:

call of duty + flat dark earth
Uh hello the Scar sucks in CoD

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

But let's be honest, there's really only one option if you're getting an AC556.
which is

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

A friend of mine just asked me about Sig 556's out of the blue so I'm asking for reals. Or does that have nothing to do with AC556's.

Edit/ Ok then I'm a loving idiot. Dammit.

Drav fucked around with this message at Dec 24, 2012 around 15:28

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

I kinda want a Benelli M2 right now

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Rocksicles posted:

Grizzly Backpacker Scout 13". That is a sexy loving gun.

Like the tac version

I'd hit it

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Welp, this gun just became my winter goal.

Image and desire courtesy of moosepoop.

Marlin 1895 SBL with an Aimpoint on top. Done.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

bunnielab posted:

I have this exact same gun and while it is fun, you are better off getting an old Marlin and learning to live without the full length tube. I have owned an old on in addition to this one and the quality difference is pretty big.

As in it doesn't work or what? That's all I care about, hope that isn't the case. :/

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Parts Kit posted:

It's not the exact same model but there's a .45-70 stainless guide gun in Athens in one of the gun & pawns. It has the shorter tube and I think it's a pre-Remington buyout gun, though you should double check if you go to get it. I think it was roughly $600.

Thanks but it truly is a winter gun. I'm already booked and budgeted through Halloween so

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Parts Kit posted:

I am not so interested in more guns right now but I am quite in love with my rechambered and de-sucked Remington 700 and really want a super bitchin scope to go on it.

Definitely going to have to sell some stuff to fund this. Most likely the 3.5-10x Leupold I have currently will go regardless, hopefully I can get $400ish out of it since it's still in great shape, but if I can sell some other stuff like maybe even my first AR15 I'll be able to just jump straight into it instead of having to wait a while. And then the remainder would just be tucked away in the safe for slowly funding reloading stuff I guess. If I can get everything I can think of off the top of my head sold at a respectable price I should get almost $2k, so dropping half of that on the scope should have me set for benchrest stuff for a pretty good while.

So now I have to do gunbroker and poo poo to find buyers since almost everyone local I've gotten offers from in the past on other stuff have just been looking for poo poo to flip at future gunshows.

What AR parts are you selling? I don't know if I'd buy the whole thing but I might could pick off some bits.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Parts Kit posted:

Pretty much want to sell the whole thing at once, it's my painted stag15. I don't really have small parts lying around anymore aside from a couple odd things like a spare buffer. If anyone you know in our general local area starts freaking out about 'Obama gonna take our ar15s' and isn't crazy again feel free to refer them to me.
Ok email or link me some pictures. A guy at work might want it, several have been asking if I have anything.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

gimpsuitjones posted:

I came to the realisation quite some time ago that buying new guns doesn't actually make me happier. The reality of buying a new gun never lives up to the anticipation and expectation. Now I only buy new guns if it's really going to get me some sort of functional improvement over what I've got already, and I prefer to spend my money on shooting. I find I get much more satisfaction out of that.

You and me both, dude. Guns come and go but skill stays long after the ammo is gone.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Honestly, the correct choice for "Alaska truck gun" is a .45-70 lever action rifle. SBR if you're feeling frisky, but definitely .45-70.

Yeah I still want one eventually, I think. Thanks to moosepoop.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Bummey posted:

The TS is pretty ridiculous on its own, you may not need to go wild with aftermarket parts.

But you might as well go whole hog

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Dude, OPSEC

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

gimpsuitjones posted:

You can say desert eagle, wax won't bite

And I'm sitting here thinking, "why is this loving nerd asking us permission to expand his Klingon collection?"

Turns out, I'm the nerd! Imagine my embarrassment.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

ZebraBlade posted:

Well I just got a new job with a giant salary raise and significant signing bonus, so logically I need to buy a new gun I don't really need. I browsed the LGS today and played with a Tavor, SCAR, ARX100, ACR, FS2000, and a XCR. I think I'm going with the ACR, loved how it feels and looks. Or a M&P9 open gun, who knows.

Heh, congrats. But don't make an open gun out of an M&P9.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

right arm posted:

lol that looks so bad

Are you kidding? That looks loving badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Tikka T3 CTR, but I guess they never go on sale

«2 »