Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

This rule is really hard for me to follow because between being unable to do guns for 4 years of physio and surgery and being Canadian I have a million mile long list of guns to either play catch up on OR that I can never have but desire so massively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Drav posted:

Glock 17. Must be Gen 3.

Not Gen 4.

Not Gen 2.

I knew we'd win you eventually. Get an OD and we'll be Gen 3 17OD pals.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

I've moved on from the baby luger to something else apparently produced by luger.

The SDK silenced rifle:

Supposedly the gestapo equivalent of the DeLisle carbine in 9mm.

oh my loving god this is amazing

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

IT FEEDS FROM loving P08 MAGS?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I like turtles posted:

Oh look, a bullpup that Gtab thinks is cool

That makes three.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

Oh fuuuuuck now I want that gun. Or a blued Colt Python

This thread is unhealthy.

you have no idea how badly I want a blued colt python but it's somewhere around "willing to fistfight the spacepope."

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

I don't care that it needs a gunsmith after you sneeze on it the wrong way. It's the most aesthetically pleasing revolver ever designed.

it boggles my loving mind that colt stopped making it

"sure we have this HUGE name cachet and basically have the market cornered on a factory pretty princess safe queen "luxury" revolver and plenty of history as a police revolver, let's stop making that."

literally water-on-the-brain retarded

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Aziraphale posted:

I really like how shiny it is. It's like it's nickle plated, only it's blued. What kind of finish is it?

a super deep blue and didnt you have a ferret avatar like half an hour ago

wilfoy posted:

Then they thought "Let's also sell 1911s with features that are 30 years behind competing brands and charge absurd amounts of money for them." The only reason they're still in business is their sole-source contract with the government for M4 carbines.

FNH now makes M4s as well.

I want this so badly

True story when I first got into guns for real when I was about 17 or so, I really thought I'd only want handguns (and an M1 carbine). But I got distracted by the variety of amazing rifles in existence, especially AR15s and SCARs and M14s and FALs and that sort of thing. Lost sight of handguns, and focused on what rifles I'd like (many of which I could not have); imagined ARs I'd build.

Now, some years later, I have felt a strong re-emergence of my handgun desires. I have a .357 now; I've always wanted a Model 57 .41 Magnum like this one here because .41 Magnum is the MOST MAGICAL FAIRY QUEEN of them all.

Writing this made me remember the four different occasions I have tried and failed to buy a Colt Delta Elite, which I now want again.

Gtab fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2012 around 15:22

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

All of the relevant patents have expired, but the DoD has maintained a sweetheart deal where Colt owns the rights to the M4 technical data package. That means that Colt gets a 5% royalty on every M4 that FN produces for the government.

dang that's nice as heck for colt to stay barely afloat on a tide of ruined dreams and rear end in a top hat behavior

I want a loving mountain of suppressors in every possible caliber but I cannot have it because Canada

"because Canada" reminded me that I want these, too:

and this, to match my G17OD, but with bonus Super Duper Mags

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Aziraphale posted:

I did, do you miss it?

given my history with avatars i just have sort of an eye for when they change

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

Is that a thing? Because it would be awesome.

It is.

Here is a stream-of-consciousness period from the last twenty seconds:

Suppressors? God I want a Mk 22. Mod. 0, even though they have a slide safety:

Slide safety? Can't have it? Gotta be the ASP:

Too short to own though, reminding me of AUGGHGH I WANT YOU SO BADLY

I WANT YOU SO BADLY

I hope this thread helps accurately express the horrors of Canadian gun ownership.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Craptacular posted:

There's a whole bunch of guns I'd like to buy if I won the lottery or something

again?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I want one so badly

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

chairface posted:

This is pretty much the only gun I've wanted because of seeing it in a video game. Sure it's kind of gimmicky but I bet the low bore access does actually let you just bullet-hose with .45ACP. Plus there's just something wonderful about as high-tech (both in practice and concept) a spacegun as possible using good old .45ACP.

It doesn't. I've fired an auto one. Sorry.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Or a similar SAA type gat. I blame Deadwood. The 4.75" and 5.5" variants have been on my mind a lot, in .45LC

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

DrakeriderCa posted:

Agreed. I have also fired one and in my limited experience all of the recoil reduction they scream about is snake oil. I had way more fun and was much more accurate shooting a Thompson.

My experience exactly.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Craptacular posted:

It was a raffle, not a lottery.

dont push your luck man

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

Apparently it's a model 10. I don't have any other photos.

I, on the other hand, do. It's a 3" Model 10 kitted up to be an undercover competition PPC gun using a Sage barrel and a Bomar rib. Those are Ahrends grips. Undercover is a PPC event for 3" and under guns.

It is one of the most prettierest guns ever built by man's hands.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

28_days posted:

Alright, I'm going to be "that" guy. What kind of suppressor is that? It reminds me of the Noveske flaming pig flash suppressor--is that what it effectively is?

Arsenal SLR106UR. Currently on order.

It's the loving Krinkov flash eliminator. That's why Noveske's is called a "krink" type. On shorty AKs like that, it forces the gas backwards to guarantee cycling, so it doesn't short-cycle.

But yeah it's literally what Noveske's is based off of and named after.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I want one of these retarded guns and I can't have it.

Actually I'm still kind of surprised no one from here has been idiot/crazy enough to buy one.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I like turtles posted:

They're a grand and there's a long preorder list

that's a lot of mountain dew, I understand

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

Yeah, it is. And I never even heard of Undercover PPC until now.

Like I say whenever PPC comes up: I waste many hours every week googling PPC stuff. I am so dramatically loving of that sport and its pretty loving guns.

I've changed tactics after talking to Carbohydrates who went waaaaaaaaay above and beyond the call of duty for me on this topic:

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I'm just trying to determine how bad I'd feel about sticking a rail on the receiver for a red dot before I decide if this is the .22LR rifle for me.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

mikerock posted:

I recommend against the 512. It is the only CZ rimfire I don't like. If you want a CZ go for a 45*, if you want a rimfire semi-auto - get a Ruger.

it's okay that is the route I'd go anyway because I prefer practicality over kawaii lines

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Aziraphale posted:

This looks terrible. What is it? Gosh that is a stupid looking gun. I wonder if its trigger is as bad as the Bodyguard. That thing must take 20 pounds of pull!

It's a Boberg XR-S. It's a "bullpup" pistol, and rounds are loaded in the magazine backwards. Like, in the grip, the bullets are pointing backwards. It has an arm that grabs them and flips them forward. It is dumb as gently caress and brand new and therefore vaguely interesting.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

It allows the grip and trigger to be placed where they are relative to the slide, i.e. placing more of the length behind your hand. That's its entire raison d'etre.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

because tenifer just isnt rust resistant enough or what

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

They're not backwards. They're facing forwards, and they're pulled out of the magazine through the back like a machine gun pulling rounds out of a belt.

what happened to the backwards mag prototype thing

edit OH right the rounds are forwards in a backwards mag. Now I got you. Its way too early for my brain to be working. ALL IS WELL.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

In .45-70

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

I need a loving FAL.

Yes you do. Everyone does. Most of all me

At the moment I am back to wishing I could have full-cap magazines and suppressors. Also wishing Canada allowed handgun hunting so I could take my 686 and go shoot a duck for dinner to make my dead grandfather proud and confused as to why I am not using a shotgun.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Not to dick on your parade but why would you want a cowboy gun in .357 instead of .45LC? Seems weird to me for... reasons? Like buying a Garand replica in .223?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

Mostly for CAS/SASS shooting.

A quality SAA in .45lc would be baller as well, though.

Does CAS/SASS require .38 or whatever? I'm new to this magical cowboy gun stuff. Educatimify me.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I remember that thread, neat.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

well sure but .22 is cheaper than all of it but we still buy guns in other calibers.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

hahahahaahahahahaa nah im fuckin' kidding that gun is a piece of poo poo for retards, I actually want a Sphinx 3000, below, with a racegun scope mount with a nice mini red dot and some of them 20rnd CZ75 magazines. Racegun + precision machined Euro classiness. Mmmmmm.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Naramyth posted:

You are required to have and be wearing your cowboy getup the next time I see you.

Oh yes please.

This gun is loving rad as heck, good pick. It reminds me, I'll see this and raise it

The FNP45 Tactical is the gun the HK45 wishes it could be.

...poo poo, FNH is the company HK wishes it could be.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

We can't save them all, or else most of ARFCOM would be disarmed and we'd all reside on thrones of Bushmaster lowers and BCM uppers just because we'd have so many goddamn guns we'd need to make them useful somehow.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Anytime someone mentions a 930, which is a perfectly good and objectively better shotgun, my mind wanders and wants this:

Mossberg 9200A1 Jungle Gun, a milspec-grade 9200 with a heavier barrel and better internals (like I said, milspec-grade, in the same vein as the 590A1 is, so all metal) designed for the DEA and their totally-not-CIA-related friends to go traipsing around Central and South America with to fight the GLORIOUS WAR ON DRUGS during the 90s. Kinda rare to find but they're ballin' as poo poo for obvious reasons.

Functionally I have no doubt a 930SPX is a better gun. Or probably an FN SLP, which ca 2006-2007 or so was the goon autoshotty flavor of the week much as the 930SPX is popular these days. But I like weird guns sometimes so...

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

Well I was at my local gun megastore today and bought a 1981 Marlin 336 in 30-30 that used to belong to the GA Department of Natural Resources. It's pretty beat up and needs a new firing pin and extractor, but it was under $200 and I didn't realize how bad I wanted one until I saw it. I'm going to put a 2x scout scope on it and it's going to own.

Pics immediately esp. the stampings

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

wilfoy posted:

There are no stampings on it. Just an old peeling sticker and on the handguard that said GADNR and had the a number written on it.

I also don't have a camera.

god youre terrible so terrible, just the worst on so many levels <>

that's depressing about the stampings/sticker though I really love guns from various agencies, especially non-police/non-military ones. like i would enjoy weapons marked USDOE or something like that.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

I'm thinking about picking up leatherworking again as a hobby, and I'll probably end up making a belt for my Single Six if/when I do. And I've already got the hat and the boots.

Holy crap this gun

tug your frenulum with your thumb and forefinger while you watch this to heighten your orgasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-f656NUWVQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Friar Zucchini posted:

This is the gun that I want this instant. Selective fire of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lap8cmxJHTU

This way I don't have to say I want a gun that appeared in a video game because I saw it in the game when I played it. The AR10 hasn't been in any video game I've played, and far as I know, it hasn't appeared in any major video game. I'll take an F2000 please.

edit: On a more obtainable note, I wouldn't mind a Remington 7600 in .270 Win or a 7615. Pump-action rifles are just the right flavor of strangeloving weird that I really want one.

The AR10 has been in many video games. It's an extremely common weapon platform. BF3, MW3, and like half the other modern-era shooters in the last ten years has it. The AR10 is to the Mk 11 and M110 as the AR15 is to the M16 and M4. Like a dozen countries issue AR10 variant sniper rifles to their forces (USA, UK, Israel, etc) and video games obviously draw on that.

«7 »