Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

To: Sixgun Strumpet

gently caress YOU, rear end in a top hat, FOR SHOWING ME THIS

wilfoy fucked around with this message at Feb 17, 2012 around 00:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Lusting after that 1911 has got me thinking about how much I want a Dan Wesson Guardian, too.

Unfortunately there are 4 or 5 varieties of 1911 that I'd like to own.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I want a 586 with a 6" barrel right now.

I can take or leave the hat.

Oh fuuuuuck now I want that gun. Or a blued Colt Python

This thread is unhealthy.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

you have no idea how badly I want a blued colt python but it's somewhere around "willing to fistfight the spacepope."

I don't care that it needs a gunsmith after you sneeze on it the wrong way. It's the most aesthetically pleasing revolver ever designed.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

it boggles my loving mind that colt stopped making it

"sure we have this HUGE name cachet and basically have the market cornered on a factory pretty princess safe queen "luxury" revolver and plenty of history as a police revolver, let's stop making that."

literally water-on-the-brain retarded

Then they thought "Let's also sell 1911s with features that are 30 years behind competing brands and charge absurd amounts of money for them." The only reason they're still in business is their sole-source contract with the government for M4 carbines.

Aziraphale posted:

I really like how shiny it is. It's like it's nickle plated, only it's blued. What kind of finish is it?

It was polished A LOT, then hot blued.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

FNH now makes M4s as well.

All of the relevant patents have expired, but the DoD has maintained a sweetheart deal where Colt owns the rights to the M4 technical data package. That means that Colt gets a 5% royalty on every M4 that FN produces for the government.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

Slide safety? Can't have it? Gotta be the ASP:

I want an ASP like whoa

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

daskrolator posted:

Until I read the aussie part I was going to say I have one of those completely disassembled, fire control group and all, in a bag I haven't touched for 2 years. Tried to assemble it and couldn't, got a few friends to try, also no luck. Simply dismissed it for the most part.

Look that poo poo up on Youtube, dude.

e: or sell the bag o' parts to me and I'll look it up

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Smith & Wesson is bringing back the 586, and while I haven't had a chance to handle one it really looks like the ideal double-action revolver for me.

I'm also not entirely sure why I still don't own even one Evil Roy.

S&W naming conventions are all kinds of hosed up, but isn't the 586 exactly the same as a 686 but with a blued finish?

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

It's a Boberg XR-S. It's a "bullpup" pistol, and rounds are loaded in the magazine backwards. Like, in the grip, the bullets are pointing backwards. It has an arm that grabs them and flips them forward. It is dumb as gently caress and brand new and therefore vaguely interesting.

They're not backwards. They're facing forwards, and they're pulled out of the magazine through the back like a machine gun pulling rounds out of a belt.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

I just had another idea pop into my head: A suppressed S&W 41

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Well I was at my local gun megastore today and bought a 1981 Marlin 336 in 30-30 that used to belong to the GA Department of Natural Resources. It's pretty beat up and needs a new firing pin and extractor, but it was under $200 and I didn't realize how bad I wanted one until I saw it. I'm going to put a 2x scout scope on it and it's going to own.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

Pics immediately esp. the stampings

There are no stampings on it. Just an old peeling sticker and on the handguard that said GADNR and had the a number written on it.

I also don't have a camera.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

god youre terrible so terrible, just the worst on so many levels <>

that's depressing about the stampings/sticker though I really love guns from various agencies, especially non-police/non-military ones. like i would enjoy weapons marked USDOE or something like that.

The GA DNR only has like 50 officers so this gun was probably bought at a K-mart or something.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Uncle Caveman posted:

let's rub the tips of our lists together

An 18" FAL carbine is always always always on my I WANT IT NOW list but other poo poo always comes up in life where I need the money more than I need what is essentially a very expensive toy.

I would punch babies for this gun.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

I saw a hard chromed Beretta 84 at the gun store this weekend and I wanted it SO loving BAD.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Akion posted:

I don't care if it's (probably) horribly impractical and the insides look like a swiss timepiece. I want my space-revolver!

I would like this so much better sans-rails.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

DominusDeus posted:

Would dearly love a Mateba 6 Unica, .357 Magnum, 8" barrel. A) will never find one, and B) out of my price range.

I die a little inside when I think about how they were around $700 back when I was a teenager.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

shoognite posted:

Daewoo "Contractor"

It's like an AR-15 and a FNC had a mongoloid baby. I want one.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

It's $200 to create an AOW, too. There's no reason to create one yourself.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

This is literally the best SBR.

Seriously, it actually matches a krink in terms of pure loving awesome.

Actually the best SBR is the AAC Honey Badger.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

My local Dick's has a Savage 93R17 with heavy fluted barrel and a BSA scope for $269. WSYTFR?

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Beardless posted:

Do it. I have a 93R17 with a BSA scope (Thumbhole stock and heavy barrel), and it's very accurate.

Welp, I just bought it. It came with a lovely plastic stock but a Boyds target stock should turn it into a pretty good little laser gun for a total budget of less than $400.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

I have a problem. I am addicted to AR-15s. I already have 3 and there are so many variants that I still want:

- a slab-side Colt SP1
- a Mega MA-TEN with a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel
- an 8" 300 Blackout SBR with suppressor (or an AAC Honey Badger )
- an XM177E1 clone
- a 6.5 Grendel SPR

Somebody please help me.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

The biggest advantage with caseless is the potential reliability. After all, a huge portion of malfunctions with modern auto-loaders are related to extraction and/or ejection.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Risky posted:

I want an autoloader pistol chambered in .17 HMR. Why don't they make one?!?

.17HMR semi-autos have a tendancy of blowing up. That's why they all got recalled.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

My uncle has 4 Holland & Holland shotguns. Four of them. gently caress.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

LifeSizePotato posted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=277624633

I usually try to hold out for guns in better condition than this, but this is a tough one.

Is that a pre-1900 rotating bolt design? drat.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Jesus christ. Is your uncle a Baron or something? is he david koch?

He made it big in the carpet business back in the 1980s. He got really into field trials with hunting dogs at one point and then his kennel got struck by lightning, killing all 8 of his dogs. It was $600,000 worth of dogs.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

He has like 80 guns. In a gun room. It owns.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Gtab posted:

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH I didnt even know this existed until right now and it now fills my mind with desire

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

Commander size 1911s are the only ones that do anything for me.

I handled an American Classic commander 1911 in stainless steel. It got really good reviews for an entry-level 1911 and it looked great...

...until I turned it over and saw the world's most garish rollmark.

What I want this instant is a reasonably-priced stainless commander with a tiny rollmark.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

ZebraBlade posted:

I want Ruger to make a 9mm version of the mkIII.

It's not possible. The MkIII is a blowback design so you couldn't just scale it up to 9mm. I might work as a .380 but I don't know if the bolt would have enough mass. As GTAB said, get a Nambu because that's what Bill Ruger based the mkI on in the first place.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

A Hi-Point has the smallest slide possible for a blowback 9mm. Think about that.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

VSEPR posted:

That's not entirely true. Hi-Point chose to use Zamak (read: POT METAL) instead of steel to keep costs down. The Zamak is less dense than steel, so it needs a larger area to make up the same mass. If the slide was actual steel, it would be much smaller and more attractive so long as it was designed by a non-retard (but still heavy and more expensive).

I don't know about much smaller. Zamak alloys have a density around 0.24 lb/in3, while 4140 steel is 0.28 lb/in3, so a steel slide of the same mass would have 85% of the volume.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

lol TFR is so weird about some things

Mini-30: a really cool gun
Mini-14: OMG IT'S poo poo STAY AWAY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

To answer the question, Mini-30's are really cool and you'll regret selling it for a bolt-action. The obvious solution is to save up some money so you can have both.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

I've really got the itch for an AR-180 right now.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

The same shop that made the CZ on the last page also makes an integrally suppressed Buckmark carbine.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

Tell me where I can get one of these. NOW

http://tbasuppressors.com/suppressors-2/integral-rifle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Action-Bastard posted:

Sportsman's Guide has surplus 440 cans for about $90. Do the math that's about $0.20 a bullet.

And here's 9mm for 19.5 cents a round

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...+Box&groupid=46

but here's some 7.62x54 that really is cheaper than 9mm

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...+Can&groupid=40

«2 »