Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

This. I want this right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Bummey posted:

This. I want this right now.

I still want this even though my eyes suck and I have a hard time getting that style of front sight to focus.

The berm at the local range is pretty hard to miss...

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Gtab posted:

So buy one? They're dirt common and $basicallyfree in Canada so I presume you lucky Americans can buy the dumb things too. LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Oh man, I should. I really should. $800ish?, plus $60 transfer fee on MILITARY STYLE ASSAULT WEAPONS at fuddy shops around here, plus ammo...

Bummey fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2012 around 07:08

Bummey
May 26, 2004

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

J&G has the Century version in stock for $499, I have one and it's very nice. DOOOO EEEEET

I saw that, but was turned off from Century and pointed at Czechpoint. Something about Century's being made by a different thing that's no longer making them and they're different from the still in production Czechpoint. Parts availability or something. Also Century.

gently caress it? Buy a Century?

priznat posted:

That reminds me, I'd like both the new Skorpion Evo 3:

And the new CZ 805 (Vz.58 replacement):

I'm such a CZ fanboy

Oh holy poo poo yes to both, the Skorpion was going to be my first post but since they'll never make it to the civilian market and this wasn't supposed to be a white whale thread I went with the other lusted for VZ 58. Some SHOT show coverage of those two got me all a hoppin'.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

priznat posted:

We may be in luck, there is a semi-auto version of the evo 3 for civvies now: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...orpion-evo3-s1/

Hoping they do the same for the 805. And stick a > 18.5" barrel on it for

!!!!!! I don't care what it costs it will be mine and I will move to SBR town

Bummey
May 26, 2004

^^^
Gun want: MP-412 REX. Polymer framed, break top, crazy Russian revolver that never quite made it off the ground. Yes, Battlefield, but I don't care and I still want it.

Mishaco posted:

As for Vz.58 clones, quite Century bashing. I have both a CZpoint and a Century....i shoot my Century more and like that it has the bayo lug (its unique leave me alone) and removable muzzle device.

I wasn't trying to bash Century, I was just relating the fact that I've heard some bad thing about their QC. If you vouch for them, that's good enough for me. You may have a PM soon.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2012 around 00:38

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Didn't someone post a box thread of one of those guppy guns last year? It was dreamy.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

bunnielab posted:

But I think that X-frames are kinda dumb and when loaded hot are unsafe (really easy to double under recoil) as well.

Hornady had to recall a bunch of .500S&W ammo because of the potential for them to "exhibit excessive chamber pressures.". They must have blown up at least one gun recently.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

wilfoy posted:

I would like this so much better sans-rails.

I didn't even see those as rails, I just saw them as fancy embellishments. If it's going to look spacey, it had better look spacey. I'm okay with the rails, but I'd never actually put anything on them.

Smiling Jack posted:

What's the big deal with the ASP, anyway? Sure it's neat lookin, but

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid again and I it reminded me that I need to have a FAMAS. I need one right now. Century should get that loving MAS .223 back on the market.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Now I want a krink-style VZ 58 shorty. That would be rad as hell.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

priznat posted:

Don't need no photoshops!
7.62x39, 7.5"

AWWWW YEAH. That's what I need.

Some of the Canadians report nasty cycling issues with them, though.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2012 around 05:44

Bummey
May 26, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I want this.

Right. Now.

Do what I did: buy one!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

You give me hope for the future, Gtab. I can't wait to never own any of those awesome innovations because they're "too dangerous to be on the streets."

We may see them, but I imagine it'll be a lot longer before we're able to own them. Assuming they're even made in the US. Importation is kind of a mess as it is, imagine the restrictions placed on these hypothetical future guns if they have to be imported. Civilian legal versions would need to be made, too, and neutered to appease import restrictions and soccer mom knee jerk legislation.

Gun want. CZ 527 carbine in x39. I was thinking 223, but since I got a Vz. 58 and this ar lower is likely never to be finished (not any time soon, at least), I may as well jump on the x39 bandwagon.

Some day. I want more guns now, but I don't need more guns now.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

It's not a gun. It's a knife. Knife thread reminded me I need this flamingo knife. I have no need for it. I don't even like spyderco and I hate frame/liner lock, but I need this.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 15, 2012 around 22:17

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Forum Hussy posted:

Well the easy part of this is done, I'll be picking up the rifle tomorrow. Now to spend months looking at suppressors that I'll end up not buying.

Now that I actually have a gun with a threaded barrel I want a suppressor for the Vz 58 it's looking like I'll never be able to fire. I need to move to a better state first.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Carbohydrates posted:

Currently, I'd really like an SBR vz.61 Skorpion.

Ohhhhhhhh yes. An SBR Vz. 61 Klobb with that top folding stock haunts my dreams. Yes I called it a Klobb and I don't care!

Minnesota

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 18, 2012 around 07:30

Bummey
May 26, 2004

wilfoy posted:

A Hi-Point has the smallest slide possible for a blowback 9mm. Think about that.

WARNING
You may suffer injury or death by handling this firearm
CAUTION

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

The BAR was a real-life Rambo machinegun. You can't not love that.

Except for the fact that the BAR was designed 64 years before and Rambo mostly used an M60. The BAR is still rad as hell though. I want to shoot it and every other gun ever made.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Gtab posted:

yeah i have no idea what pedantic bullshit that dude is babbling about. no one else on earth was confused and thought you conflated the M60 and the BAR by sixty years. just him. the constant pokemon thread poster. who has recently arrived here in gun town.

i have literally no clue what the gently caress he thought was gonna be proven by that weird semantic autism. we all got your implication that it was designed for hipfire, a technique which rambo made famous later on. we're all normal and got that idea.

not that dude though. not that dude.

I don't quite know what I was on about, either. I certainly didn't think he confused anything.

I also haven't posted in the pokemon thread in quite a while, but you bet your rear end I'll be buying the next one. We're all huge nerds here, that's hardly an insult considering.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2012 around 05:23

Bummey
May 26, 2004

However, had you mentioned my constant posting in the old A Song of Ice and Fire threads you'd be on to something. I'm glad that's over with.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

I got banned in that thread for refusing to say nice things about GRRM. That thread was an insane cesspool of depravity.

It was a pretty awful thread. I need to get rid of this brand. Wizard Shuckle stays.

At least I never see it in the iPhone app which is where I use the forums 90% of the time.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2012 around 21:38

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

If Ruger made a version of their handguns without the giant gently caress-off WARNING THIS IS NOT A TOY label then they'd sell like loving hotcakes. I hate seeing that poo poo on my MkII and GP141.

Seriously, and it's not just Ruger. I don't care that my hands cover it while I'm shooting, I don't care that it's hardly visible, but I want that poo poo off my PPS's frame. I need to find a way to fill it in, or hide it, or something.

Gun want. Glock 19. I want one. I recently got some unexpected money burning a glock-shaped hole in my pocket and I must to spend it irresponsibly on something I don't need. As soon as I can find one that's not being sold for more than a NIB gen 4. poo poo, I'll have enough left over to buy that flamingo knife too.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Beardless posted:

As for a gun I want, I'd really be happy with just a basic .22. I'm jealous of all of you guys with your disposable income.

Great deals thread has a pretty great deal on a Ruger 22/45 right now.

E2M2 posted:

$240 for a Ruger 22/45 5 1/2 inch heavy barrel

http://www.pistolandpawn.com/store/...oducts_id=73412

Bummey
May 26, 2004

An AR-15 build, retro Vietnam era M16. Triangle handguards, carry handle, short mags, the works. They're so pretty. Maybe that's what this Spike's lower should be turned into.

Either that or a super short AR SBR, as short as possible. I like short stubby things.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Mad Dragon posted:

2" 9mm

Well, within reason. 8 inches or so is what I meant. Two inches, though.. you've got something there.

Pitch posted:

I'll be damned if I'll have mag fencing on my retro build.

I don't know what that is! I just like the aesthetics of the shorter mags in the old M16s. I watched too many war movies as a kid, I guess.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Mar 31, 2012 around 20:34

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Pitch posted:

Mag fence:

Lower without mag fence:

There were plenty of A1s built with fenced lowers but personally I'd specifically buy a slick-side lower for a retro build. (There are other minor reasons why a modern lower is "incorrect" too if you're spergy enough.)

I don't think I'm spergy enough to seek out a "correct" retro lower over a modern lower (at least not right this moment. If I ever do this I may sperg out), and I haven't noticed that fence bit before. I just liked the guns at that age, I knew nothing about them.

I'll keep that in mind for if I ever do this though!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Android Bicyclist posted:

His windowed PMAG looked like it held 30 rounds and when I asked about the bullet button he skirted around the question. He also showed me a cell phone pic of his friend's Mk.18 and when I asked about why it had a stock on it he said, "That's just on when it's in the house."
His Mk14 has a 10-round mag but I couldn't figure out how the paddle release allowed to let the mag came out and stay CA compliant.
All I know about him is he works nights & it involves using firearms. I should also note I'm staying at his house this whole time I'm in San Francisco.

You should start sleeping face down with your hands behind your head.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Framptonlive posted:

Buying one of these is a good decision. Give in to temptation.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I shot a Coonan yesterday. It was magical.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I want to build up this AR lower I've had lying around forever. I really want a stupidly short SBR, like 8 inches.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

A PS90 in 22LR would be pretty rad, though.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I just touched a Sig p238. I NEED this gun. Everything about it was glorious and magical.

Except the $900 price tag at my lovely local shop. I loving hate this city's gun shops.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Apr 23, 2012 around 16:46

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

Are italics, strikes, hyperlinks, etc. getting turned into subtext for anyone else?

The emoticons cause that.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Naramyth posted:

Troll GB for the beater ones and have patience. Be ok with some pitting and scratches and it looking like it has been though a few wars(because it has).

Dude that's exactly what I want. I want a beaten to poo poo (but still functional) USGI 1911 that has been through a couple wars. I don't want a pretty pristine princess.

Well, I DO want a $2000 Les Baer pretty pristine princess, but not as much as I want a real, down and dirty, genuine rear end 1911.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

E2M2 posted:

The next gun I'm lusting after

Probably gonna have to wait a couple of weeks, gotta buy some tools for work. And a new set of toolbags.

This is the gun I always want. Those first models just call to me like nothing else. It's that triple tiered slide that does it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Heintron posted:

Only ipsc open racegun that I have found remotely attractive.

I would buy it if I ever started shooting that division

That thing is beautiful without the optic, and what's that thing sticking up in front of it?

vvv That makes sense. Thanks.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Jun 13, 2012 around 07:55

Bummey
May 26, 2004

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

and a P38K

Because normal P38s are ugly and boring.

That thing is adorable! I want one too!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

widefault posted:

I want this thing

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=293251914

And someone brave enough to fire it.

I kind of love the hammer hanging out the back of that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

edit: Wrong thread, I'm a turd, sorry.

Bummey fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2012 around 16:05

«6 »