Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Since I sold my brother my Ruger LCP, I really want a Sig Sauer P238 (one of the reasons I sold the LCP to him).

I have no carry gun right now so.. yeah.

Waiting for the Cabela's in Wichita, KS to open this spring then it WILL BE MINE!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I want one of those NAA Ranger Break-top 22 WMR revolvers :3

http://www.gunblast.com/NAA-BreakTop.htm

They stopped making them some time ago and cost way too much for what they are on the second hand market.

Waiting for them to do another run *crosses fingers*

I'd actually rather have it in .22 LR just because its cheaper and uhh, well, what the hell is .22 WMR useful for out of a 1 inch barrel?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cabela's Wichita, KS, opened last week.

Probably gonna go out tomorrow and spend my tax refund on something stupid :3

Gotta go finger a Walther PPS, since I sold my old carry piece (Ruger LCP) to my brother.

[edit] why is redneck infested Kansas one of like 6 states where you can't own a supressor? They even passed a law last year allowing people to hunt with suppressors but you can't own one? I don't get it.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Mar 24, 2012 around 00:46

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Large tax refund... Misha get me a PPS in 9mm!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

hang it over your fireplace duh

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So like... I'm kinda stuck.

I need a new CCW since I sold my LCP to my brother. I'm thinking to replace it with a Walther PSS.

I see so many people suggesting a Glock 19.

I've never fired a glock, but I'm not a fan of how wide it is due to my small hands.

Should I try out both and pick? Or just be like well the PPS is thinner and it has plenty of rounds ><

I guess I should rent a glock and see how it shoots for me? I have 3 gun nuts friends with ~10 guns each and believe it or not none of us owns a glock...

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Still lusting after a Walther PPS. Was going to buy one this weekend but my crown is hosed and it looks like I get to spend the money on a root canal instead. *Sigh*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Gunsmith it is! Thanks for clarifying

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

SpartanIV posted:

That's the hammer peaking out.

It seems to have some serrations... can you actually cock that back if you're careful and fire it with the lighter trigger pull?

I'm not sure why it would be exposed at all if not?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Anyone looking for a Walther PPS, I suggest not going to Cabelas...

Not sure what kind of game they are running, but they want full retail for the 9mm PPS with a single non-flush magazine.

It has been shipping from factory with 2 or 3 (depending on model) for many months now.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Kinda want them .22 revolvers but its too big a hassle to get em transferred. God speed fellow goons.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

http://summitgunbroker.com/m77-scout.html

when did ruger start making the scout rifle with a hard wood stock and why isn't it listed as a model on ruger.com? :X

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Still waiting for a Ruger breaktop revolver, 10 rounds in .22 LR.

I swear to god ruger you would make about 15 bazillion dollars.

[edit] I put in a "ticket" with the CEO requesting this, you guys should do the same!
https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO.html

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Dec 13, 2013 around 03:48

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

Break-action revolvers are the coolest loving things ever and I wish they would come back.

me and you both brother. There is no way they can't make an awesome .22 LR breaktop with today's metallurgy that wouldn't be completely awesome if they put in the money. They could probably even get by with ten round .22 revolvers. I really don't understand the hesitance.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2014 around 08:04

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Herr Tog posted:

Wait you want a break top .22lr revolver?

I now what that gently caress you I saw it first.

lol anything on gunbroker is yours (I think that is what you were saying?). I'm a bit weird and prefer to buy new guns to used ones.

I'm waiting for a company to make a new one with a hammer block so I can load it to capacity.... and ten rounds... and good sights ><

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2014 around 19:00

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

holy poo poo i just bought an m77 gunsite in stainless with a walnut stock for 900 bucks after taxes with a cabelas visa.

im way too excited. I finally have a rifle in a calibre larger than 5.56 nato

(not the best deal, but it was in stock and its a cabelas exclusive and it is really pretty)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Love me my PPS.

Guys that don't like the mag release are just wrong.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Mar 10, 2014 around 23:14

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Sep 1, 2015 around 03:01

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

are colt revolvers really that much better than rugers? I always see people lusting for them, and I've never owned or shot one, but man I just love my ruger revolvers. They seem unbreakable.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm seeing several KEL-TEC PMR-30s (thats the 30 round .22 mag pistol) for around 400 on gunbroker where previously I never saw any.

Is that a fair price at all?

I really want one of these to play with.... I've heard a few people complain about the reliability but mostly good reviews... how is KEL-TECs policy on fixing a gun if its not working properly?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

It's one of those things that's better on paper than in person. Try one before you buy if you can.

Kel-Tec's lifetime warranty only applies to the original purchaser.

the auctions all sa new in box, does that not count as original purchaser?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Oh, in that case yes, since you said GB I just assumed used.

But still, try one, or at the very least, handle one in person before you buy it.

I would but I can't find a dealer within 50 miles of me that has one in stock or can order one as they are all "allocated" on gallery of guns since they came out.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I think the M1A is awesome and if I had had the extra cash I would consider buying one, but I'm happy with my Ruger scout for the .308 itch.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My mosin is great at shooting $1 3 litre bottles of sugar water at 50 yards.

Get In.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

a baton is considered lethal force isn't it? in a video the guy reviewing it, that was supposedly a police sargeant, I think, said that the grip or some rettentiong thing would prevent a loss of it and thus prevent it being used as lethal weapon against the officer

I would think a gun would be better in that case.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I just meant, why would you carry a boton unless your were police, because if you use it to defend yourself its lethal force anyway?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Friar Zucchini posted:

Yeah no kidding, all of my AR's are 1/7 except one is 1/9 and it groups a half inch wider with 64 grain something or other than it does with the 55 grain stuff I tried

I only own 1 AR, and I got the barrel in 1/7 twist, because that was hype at the time and I didn't know what I was doing. It dances around my aim on a rest with 55gr ammo.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at Apr 5, 2018 around 02:23

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I got a C&R. I let it expire naturally without trying to renew it. I only use it to purchase a single mosin. I think it was about ~150 for a handpick at the time.

I got lucky and got a really functional mosin out of the license, but my original intent was to use it as one of the ways to qualify to join the CMRP with the intent to buy a garand... unfortunately they were never really available during my license time when I had money except in .308 and i heard that they did not run very well in a .308 configuration.

C&R license doesn't seem worth it unless you are all about old guns and are going to buy several a year.

It was neat to get a legal mosin sent to my house where i refinished the entire thing (don't worry, it wasn't historical) with tons of toxic chemicals to pull out the goop even from the stock. It shoots pretty decent. After I shot it once, then took it home and cleaned it again after it had gotten proper hot enough to melt all the cosmoline further out of the action... the gun looks pretty, it shoots fine and cycles great and I'm glad I bought it. But I didn't need the C&R license or the paperwork and wait time.

I am rambling.... I guess my point is it doesn't seem worth it to get on the CMRP or R&C ledgers unless you plan to buy more than one, and the time it takes to apply for all the qualifications they may not be available anymore.

here's my stupid gun refinished in linseed oil in payment for my nonsensical rambling taken with a potato. Sun is coming in through the left hand side there.. My apologies to people that prefer cosmoline saturated red lacquer:

https://imgur.com/RgOVUmJ

I don't even remember how to embed images.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Jack B Nimble posted:

Actually, I really wanted to post asking for help on how to join the CMP, because when I googled it the answer was to go join a participating range/club, and all of them around me seem to be ROTC clubs.

Yeah. You are required to have a membership at an affiliated shooting range/club and also proof of membership with another "something" related to shooting which most people seem to do through getting a C&R license.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_s...y-requirements/

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

why is this marlin going to be good quality again when they have been kind of poor quality the last several years?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Domini Cane posted:

Maybe it will, may be it won't. Only way to know is to see what they look like when they come out.
I'm surprised more companies aren't producing an upgraded lever action with fiberglass furniture and a red dot rail.

oh okay, hell I'll happily join the wishing for the best camp. I've been avoiding buying a henry for years because they refuse to make one with a loading gate.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

I think the Scout concept is stupid, .308 is stupid in a bolt gun
You're stupid! ><

I love my ruger scout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Sixgun Strumpet posted:

Kind of. I'm selling most of the normal stuff, like the stock old S&W
*cough* we get links to the gunbroker threads or at least the list first right???