Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

SIG 1911 XO Black, because I just promised to buy one from a buddy when I get back to Michigan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Gtab posted:

Slide safety? Can't have it? Gotta be the ASP:

The ASP has the exact same slide safety as the Model 39... because it's made from a Model 39. It's only on the left side of the slide. This was way before companies started catering to lefty weirdos.

Also, that picture bugs me because the mag is sticking out.

But I would love to have an ASP as well.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Juice posted:

1911 handling, 1911 trigger, high capacity 9mm. I want one.

Let's make our 1911 look as much like a Ruger P-85 as possible! Folks loved the hell out of that P-85, right? Who's with me?

:chrisfarley:

Also, Gtab, you have no idea how agitated I still am that I bought my Ruger PPC gun in anticipation of participating in the very active local club, and then they canceled the PPC matches indefinitely. And the next nearest one is 150 miles away.

At least I got to shoot a PPC match with my SIG P225. And got second place in semi-auto division.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2012 around 13:10

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

DrPop posted:

AK-105. Need so badly.

Do they make one pinned like that for a barrel length of 16"? If so, that's pretty hot. I want one in 7.62x39.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I kinda want an Ithaca Mag-10 Roadblocker.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

rossmum posted:

There are oh so loving many guns I want this instant, but something I've been lusting over since I found out it was A Thing:

If you do not want one of these, there is something wrong with you.

Even a semi-auto version would be pretty cool.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I would love to have a reliable, affordable semi-auto pistol version of the Beretta Model 12 subgun. Of course, being a pistol, it couldn't have the forward VFG.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Gtab posted:

Good choice.

It could in Canada.

Yeah, but ten-round mags.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

As a certified HK armorer, I wholeheartedly agree.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

All this talk of the Benelli M4, plus my reading Scott Wagner's Own the Tactical Shotgun in the Night, makes me want to at least try one out.

FLANKER.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Flanker posted:

What?

You're bringing it again this year, right?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

LifeSizePotato posted:

Been lusting after Sphinxes again for the past week or so.

I hate CZ pistols and variants, but that is pretty cool. Especially in .357 SIG.

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Aww, goddamnit. I need this now. Custom snubby model 57.

That's pretty hot too.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Uncle Caveman posted:

Yes, the Deerfield carbine (long discontinued) was essentially a 10/22 in .44mag.

I really wish they would come out with a nine- or ten-shot version.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

VendaGoat!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

atomicthumbs posted:

I want a Colt M1900 just because I love the short grip/long barrel proportions

Which reminds me, why does nobody in TFR own anything by Detonics?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

bunnielab posted:

I would love one of these but they command too steep a price.

Make your own! Get a regular Combat Master frame and a Score Master slide.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I want an HK P7K3, with all caliber conversions. And threaded barrels for all calibers.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Yellowjacket posted:

In the affordable I will probably own this someday category, is the Frommer Stop. Long recoil action pistol firing rounds suitable for a blowback? Ridiculous over-engineering, and yet completely awesome.

Do you have $175? If so, you could own one rather soon.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Whale Cancer posted:

Local shop is selling a what looks like never been fired Grendel P-30 for $175 and I'm really really thinking about buying it.

Do it. For science.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Naramyth posted:

IR35 wants this gun right this instant.

Every time I see it.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Dammit, now I've got to figure out how to come up with that money all on my own, and I've got a car payment to deal with all of a sudden.

I am severely disappointed in you for not winning the lottery.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I had a dream that I bought a miniature "sawed off" side-by-side shotgun that was legally a pistol in .22LR and you could shoot .22 shotshells through it for laughs. Kind of like the .22 mare's legs, but scaled down a lot more. It was really good quality and a lot of fun to shoot.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I suddenly want a S&W triple lock in .22LR.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

It's a S&W PPC gun. Definitely a custom job, but there are a fair number of similar guns out there.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

QuarkMartial posted:

I just want that cylinder release. That thing looks baller as hell. For all my S&W love, their cylinder release isn't quite as easy to use as Ruger's (not that either are difficult to operate).

It can be yours for about sixty bucks.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Filthy Hans posted:

DA/SA with a non-decock safety just isn't the same, I'll probably go variant 7 if I ever get a USPc. Is that the same thing as the LEM, or is that not on your chart?

LEM's not on that chart, but it's the same external configuration as Variant 7. LEM has a much better (although more complicated) trigger mechanism. DAO is a long, heavy trigger pull every time. LEM is like a DA/SA trigger where the initial DA pull is only half a pound instead of 12 or 15... until you get to the point in the pull where it'd be a single action break, at which point it effectively becomes a single action trigger.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Dingleberry posted:

Taurus M380

I shot one yesterday; I like snubbies, have a few smiths, but the .380 moon clip thing is too weird for me to not buy one...

The shop I hang at bought one for rental gun, and decided after one renter had too many problems loading moon clips, etc, offered to sell it to me, at their cost...

Now I just have to wait til next week.

That's... interesting. I definitely want to hear a range report.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

chairface posted:

I've won a gunbroker auction for one like 5 times that didn't meet reserve. I want one so bad. IRA!

I'm pretty sure my local fudd shop has one for like $800.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Bilal posted:

I love the look of that stupid rear end barrel shroud/foregrip combo. I want to recreate the scene where Arnold pulls one of these out of a duffel bag in Raw Deal.

I think they also use a similar setup at the end of Running Man.

Edit: yup.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at May 6, 2012 around 11:47

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Cyrano4747 posted:

Seriously, is there anyone here who isn't living in a climate controlled house at this point? If so I think you need to stop buying guns and get a decent heating/cooling system for your family first.

That would be awesome if I actually owned the house where I'm living.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I would like a 9mm Ruger Speed Six.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Drav posted:

What sport competes with a levergun?

The Gabe Suarez California Trunk Gun Series

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Gtab posted:

the ONLY saving grace keeping me from telling you to rot in your ghetto is that you did not say "real steel"

From now on whenever I make my students transition, at the end of a training exercise, from a fake gun back to their real duty weapon, I'm going to refer to it as "re-strapping the real steel."

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Ninja Rope posted:

Maybe I'll settle with a 9mm or 22lr AR but people always say their 9mm runs lovely

I don't recall ever saying that about mine.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Ninja Rope posted:

Also I imagine 8 pounds over 0.1" or whatever the travel is doesn't seem that bad. If it was 8 pounds over a full inch like a heavy DAO that would be completely different.

I find the opposite to be true. I love the 8-pound trigger on a D-series Beretta, but an 8-pound trigger on a Glock is a crying shame. It's worse if it's a true single action.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Bummey posted:

This was posted in the ugly guns thread by mistake. It says ducktown on it, too. This owns so hard.

I hung out around Ducktown about ten years ago, and I accidentally ran across the Leinad warehouse.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

I like my SIG and it cost 60% less than a SCAR.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

After yesterday's open house at my local shooting club, I really want a USP .45 Tactical with a suppressor.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

dotalchemy posted:

H&K USP.

Wanted one ever since a friend brought one to the range. Nothing has ever felt that comfortable before and I found that I shot it better than his Kimber. Mileage varies I guess.

They are drat-good shooting guns. If I had to shoot a thousand rounds of hot-loaded .40 through a pistol, it'd either be a Beretta or a USP. A Glock would be okay, too, but the USP feels more natural to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Now I kind of want a 6" 10-shot S&W 617, and only because I saw some cool speedloaders for it.

«5 »