Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. - FP: 4

J.R. slid into the booth in the corner of the club, setting his whiskey on the table. He preferred to sit somewhere where he could see the whole room - it had kept him alive in the past, and he wasn't about to change anything that worked.

Rolled a 4 on the d10

pre:
Name:J.R.
High Concept: The Last Gunfighter Ballad
Trouble: The Devils' Right Hand
Aspects: Pickin' Time, Ainít No Grave, No Sympathy for the Devil, The Man Comes Around , I Won't Back Down
Refresh: 9 base, 5 remaining

Skills +5: Guns, Athletics
Skills +4: Might, Conviction
Skills +3: Endurance, Investigation, Stealth
Skills +2: Discipline, Lore, Provoke
Skills +1: Empathy, Alertness, Presence, Deceit, Survival

Stunts [-2]:
Quick Draw: Use Guns instead of alertness to determine initiative in combat
Right Bullet for the Job: Spend a FP to have bullets count as cold iron or holy for the rest of the scene

Power: Lawbreaker: Sixth  (+1 bonus to time magic) [-0]
Power: Ritual (Chronomancy) [-2]
Power: Wizardís Constitution [-0]

Physical Stress: oooo
Mental Stress: oooo
Social Stress: ooo

Enchanted Items:
Duster: Armor: 1, 1/session
Sneaking Boots: Give aspect "Silent as the Grave", 1/session

Important Regular Items:
Ruger Super Redhawk - The weapon J.R. carries when he knows he is heading into trouble. Weapon:3
Colt Single Action Army - It's what J.R. used to carry, and its what he's still carrying regularly. Weapon:2
Cell Phone - It's like a telegraph you can talk over, and you can carry it anywhere!
Jan 10: Add Magic Bullet stunt (use Guns instead of Lore for crafting), Add Alertness at +1, Swap Investigation and Presence
Dec 27: Swap Stealth and Contacts, increase Stealth to +2, Change stunts
Mar 21: Added Survival at +1 and increased Stealth to +3 (missed a skill point boost somewhere)

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2014 around 03:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. sat in the corner booth, slowly drinking his whiskey. Something was supposed to be happening tonight, but nothing so far. He looked around the room, assessing the magical situation.

Lore +5 to get a feel for the magical energy in here tonight.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. nods at Mitsuo as he sits down. The mercenary was probably the closest thing to a friend that J.R. had in this time - he was reliable and knew how to get a job done. "Lots of strange folk here tonight - if someone kicks up a row it'll be trouble."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"So, the sherrif's come to town," J.R. says to Mitsuo. "And it looks like he'll be on the shoot. Not sure how I feel 'bout that." J.R. had dealt with lawmen before - both working for and against them. As long as this Cole didn't step into J.R.'s business, he could certainly be useful in getting rid of some of the scum in town. On the other hand ... "Say, you think we should offer our services to this Warden? Always good to have the law owin' you a favor."

Piell fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2012 around 22:06

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. scrawls something on a piece of paper from a notepad in his pocket, then leads Mitsuo over to the new warden. "Howdy, Warden. Town could use a good lawman - there's plenty of those in town who need someone to clean their plow. If you end up needin' a posse, give me a call or get ahold of Mitsuo here - we'd be willing to do ya a favor or two," J.R. says as he hands the warden his number.

Rapport roll of +3 (thanks to the +1 from the morgan-meter) to make a good impression for us.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R.'s pistol appears in his hand, and he fires at the ghoul point blank.

I actually should be at the top of the list - I get to use Guns instead of Alertness to determine initiative, thanks to my stunt. Guns +++/+5 = 8, Weapon:2 (+2 if the ghoul has armor from Inhuman Toughness or anything else).

pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:2 (1 use, then use mental stress to re-use)
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, I Won't Back Down
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: Deal 2 more stress when using a revolver against an enemy with Armor:1 or greater
Physical:	() () () ()
Mental:		() () ()
Social:		() () ()
Any Mild (-2) Consequence:	(), Any Moderate (-4) Consequence: 	()
Any Major (-6) Consequence:	(), Any Extreme (-8) Consequence:	()

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. moves faster than any human the others have ever seen. He is over the fence in a flash, and tackles the ghoul to the ground before it gets more than a dozen yards away. The dazed ghoul is quickly restrained with J.R.'s knee in its back, and its arms pulled behind it. "Not such a curly wolf now, eh?" He hauls the ghoul to it's feet and marches it over to the others. "So, you had a few questions for him?" If J.R. had his druthers he'd just put a bullet in the ghoul's head, but the others probably wanted to know a few things first.

Athletics +++/ +5 = 8, J.R. has goddamn rockets for legs. Trying for a maneuver of Intimidate +/++ +2 = 5 to try to add the aspect Too Scared to Lie

Piell fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 05:33

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"This Master of yours got a name?" J.R. asks the ghoul, keeping a firm grip on its arms.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. releases the ghoul, kicking it away from him. "Best stay away, ghoul. If I see you again you won't be this lucky." J.R. reholsters his pistol, confident that the ghoul won't attempt to attack him again - at least, not now.

J.R. had seen executions before, and this one seemed like it was necessary. Poking around and changing things inside someone's mind wasn't anything he'd've stood for, either.

Dropped Fists, upgraded Intimidate to +3, and added Contacts +2 (even though he's only been in town for a couple years, he gets around a lot). Added the stunt Power over Finesse: Use Might instead of Fists to make unarmed attacks (but not maneuvers).

Piell fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 22:18

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"Sulfur, huh. Don't rightly like the sound of that," J.R. says, thinking aloud. "Reckon I'll ask around, see if Miss Nazarene had some issues with devils. I don't cotton to such as them being in my city."

Lore-//- +4 = 2 to know about sulfur possible being linked to demons.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. walks over to Mitsuo. "Reckon we might get a few answers about demons if we go knocking together some heads tonight, afore the news spreads. You up for asking some questions with me?" J.R. hadn't been in town long, but he liked to keep busy, and knew more than a few names to ask for information. Course, not all of 'em would be happy to see J.R., but between him and Mitsuo they should be able to get some information out of them.

Contacts +3 +/-+ +2 = 3 to get any rumors or information about demons in town. Chromegnome, an intimidation or deceit or something maneuvery to give me a bonus would be appreciated.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. looks at Mitsuo with a slight grin. "Looks like we got a name. Ain't a trail yet, but it's shaping up. Let's go talk to this Mary, then."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. - FP: 4->3

"It killed a woman tonight, Mary. One who ain't done nothing wrong far as I know, and a good Christian woman too. Can't let that kind of thing go on where I hang my hat, and besides - anyone dumb enough to beef somebody outside the announcement of the law comin' into town is on the shoot, and just gonna make more trouble unless they're put down. 'Sides - I'm doing a favor the this new Warden fella."

Presence //-+ +1 = 1, tagging That's One You Owe Me (since I am doing Cole a favor) to make it +3

Piell fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2012 around 23:54

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. - FP: 3

"An old woman was killed last night, outside the House of the Rising Sun. We found her when we headed out after the announcement about the new Warden - a ghoul was eating on her. We beat on him a bit and got him to talk - said she was already dead when he found her. Said she had a broken neck and stank of brimstone," J.R. looks over at Mitsuo. "You checked the body and the car, what else'd you find?"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"Dealin' in that sort of supplies ain't my kind of thing, neither, and I can't say I'd know where to find it," J.R. rubs his hand over his chin as he thinks. "What's this spell do, anyways?"

Contacts /--- +2 = -1 means J.R. doesn't know anybody who deals in that sort of stuff.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"Mit, why don't ya go take a look at the crosses over there," J.R. suggests authoritatively. Once Mitsuo has stepped away, he talks lower to Mary. "Sorry bout him ma'am, he's got some - issues, with demons. Now, I'd be mighty grateful if you could tell me what you know about this spell."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. - FP: 3->4

"Just - watch yourself, Mit. Going all crazyeyed like that can't be good for you," J.R. say solemnly. "Now as far as visiting Reggie, I can't say it's the smartest idea I've heard tonight, to go after a souleater on his home ground in the middle of the night. Still, if'n' you're fixing to go, I reckon I can go along and keep you out of trouble."

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2012 around 01:15

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. walks up to the teenager and looks him over, unimpressed. "We're looking for Duke Reginald.

Lore //-+ +4 = 4 to see if this guy is a regular human or what his deal is.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. - FP: 4->2

J.R.'s hand flashes to a pocket, and pulls out a cross-inscribed bullet. "Been saving this one for you, souleater!" he shouts as he slams the bullet into into the cylinder and, nearly pressing his barrel into her chest, pulls the trigger.

Lore +3 means I have a holy bullet on me. Weapon:4 (since my lore is 4), fired by Guns. Tagging Phantasmal Glow for better targeting, and spending 2 FP to invoke The Last Gunfighter Ballad and the Devi's Right Hand to shoot this vamp down. Total attack is +11 and counts for bypassing the vamp's catch. Guns +/++ +11 = 14, with a weapon: 4 that bypasses it's catch.
pre:
Defenses: Athletics (Dodge) +5, Armor:2 (1 use, then use mental stress to re-use)
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, I Won't Back Down
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: Deal 2 more stress when using a revolver against an enemy with Armor:1 or greater

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 2, 2012 around 02:35

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. - FP: 2->3

J.R. left, fuming. drat fool was gonna get himself and a lot of other people killed, not to mention J.R. himself. Some things God didn't want in this world, and souleaters were one of them. They'd woke up the wrong passenger in this one, and should have just finished the job.

J.R. made a quick detour before heading him. If he was gonna be fighting demons, or souleaters again (and he drat sure was going to), he'd need another bullet or two. He knew a priest that might still be up at night. The bullets wouldn't be as strong as the special marked one he'd fired tonight, but they'd do the job.

Spending my second potion slot to get 2 blessed bullets of Weapon:3, and going to sleep.

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 2, 2012 around 07:06

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

J.R. awoke late in the morning, his nighttime adventures having cut into his sleep. The first thing he made was a ward, to alert him if anyone but one of the maids came in. He slipped on an inscribed iron ring and meditated in this room for a moment, extending his senses throughout the room. When he had it solid in his mind, he sent it into the ring. Now if anyone came to mess in his the room, the ring would rust and he'd know it

JR then spent his usual few hours watching TV in the hotel room - it was important to learn more about the time he was in now. Hughes' call comes while J.R. is in the bathroom, but he listens to the message and nods to himself.

Talking to the warden, huh? Well, perhaps he'd see if this Cole fella was someone to ride the river with and go kill some souleaters. And if not, well, he could at least get some information from him. J.R. added his Super Redhawk to his carry. With souleaters mad at him, he'd probably be glad to have it. He headed out to find a cab.

Making a ward (0 strength, +2 for an alarm, +2 for keying the alarm to an object). If anyone other than one of the maids comes into the room, the ring rusts. Also I'm changing my Pickin' Time aspect to The Man Comes Around. It covers both JRs religiosity and his reputation.

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 2, 2012 around 21:22

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR walks up behind Mitsuo, who is knocking at the door. "So, you didn't get killed yet. Good news, then. So what'd ya find out?"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"So, then. The other warden mentioned that we should bring any grievances we got to you. Well I got a grievance for you. Mitsuo and I were attacked, unprovoked-like, by some souleater - black court vampire, I guess they're called - last night," JR states in a deadpan.

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 3, 2012 around 03:26

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"Fair 'nough. Been part of a posse a time or two before, so I'll stand with you for now." JR says.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"For a souleater, she was a bit of a pushover, really. One bullet dropped her out the fight. I would have finished her off, but," JRs grin turns into a grimace. "Mitsuo wanted to get some information out of her,"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"I knew you was a good 'un," JR says with a grin. "God already sorted 'em out, we just need to do the killing." JR and Cole follows Mitsuo to his car. "So are we going to kick the door in, or go in quiet-like?"

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 6, 2012 around 07:58

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"If a couple of y'all can give me a hand I can get the door open," JR states as he moves towards the door.

I have might +4 so two maneuvers to assist should do it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

With Mitsuo and Cole's help, JR shoves the door open - luckily, it seems to open fairly quietly. After doing so, he draws his revolvers and faces the door. If anything comes through, he is prepared to take it down or take the hit.

Might +4 plus 2 tags for +/// +8 = 9. Alertness +++- = 2 to see what's on the other side.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR follows closely behind Cole, revolvers at the ready. He doesn't attempt to move very quietly through the water - flushing out the enemy by getting them to attack is the fastest way to find them.

Stealth +0, ++-- = 0 to move quietly

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR steps closer to the man who just entered, guns at the ready - he could be one of the souleater's slaves. "Who the hell are you?" he questions harshly.

Intimidate /-+- +3 = 2

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 8, 2012 around 06:13

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR recoils at the things damaged face. "What in hell is that!?" he questions, then decides aggression is the better part of confusion and triggers his Redhawk at the man's head.

Shoot the zombie, using my weapon:3 revolver, which becomes weapon 5 vs the zombie thanks to my stunt. Guns +-// +5 = 5

pre:
Applicable Stunts: Shoot 'Em Where It Hurts: +2 Weapon vs. targets with armor

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2012 around 00:27

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"Get off me, you son of a bitch!" JR shouts as kicks the thing in the jaw, knocking it loose from his feet. He carefully aims and fires once more.

Shoot the zombie, using my weapon:3 revolver, which becomes weapon 5 vs the zombie thanks to my stunt. Using the free tag from Zompopsicled, Guns +-// +7 = 7

pre:

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 11, 2012 around 00:26

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

The rotting corpse splatters against JR's chest, unfortunately as he was shouting. His mouth fills with corpse bits and muddy water, and his shout turns into spitting and sputtering as he attempts to clear it out. While he is distracted, a second zombie attempts to smash JR with it's arms, but even distracted by a mouth of disgusting stuff JR is easily able to avoid the clumsy attack.

Discipline //+- +2 = 2 to try to avoid the maneuver fails, so JR has Covered in Gore for 3 exchanges. Athletics ++++ +5 = 9 to dodge the attack, JR has literally merged with the Speed Force.

pre:
Applicable Aspects: The Last Gunfighter Ballad, The Devil's Right Hand, Covered in Gore (3 exchanges left, free tag used)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR barrels into the next room, brushing past Mitsuo and Steven as he does so. JR would just as soon put a bullet in his head, but Mitsuo seemed to have a problem with killin' things lately. JR grins as he spots the wounded Duchess. "You shoulda run while you had the chance, souleater!" JR fires the gun in his left hand, and the bullet lands just where JR wanted it to - right between her eyes.

Move a zone as a supplemental action, Guns ++/+ +4 = 7 to attack. Tagging the three consequences, so its +13 total, with a blessed bullet that's weapon:3.

pre:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR looks confused. "Why the hell are you trying to save him!" He pauses, for a moment. Maybe it was the first time she'd killed a person. The first time was always the hardest. "Look, he'd drat sure not have shed a tear if he managed to kill us, and it ain't nobodies fault but his own if he didn't do a good enough job pickin' sides."

JR does not know the Laws of Magic, hooray!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR walks over to Cole. "Well, we got one souleater and their human, at least. There's supposed to be another one - Reginald, the on the ghoul mentioned. Ain't seen him myself but maybe we can look around here and see if we can find anything that'll show us where he's at." What the hell was Hughes, anyway? JR thought he was Jenny's apprentice but he was acting weird.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"I'll take a quick look around then, before you go and light it up. If'n we can find something, might do to check it out before nightfall." JR puts his words into action as he quickly searches through the area.

Investigation ++-+ = 2
Lore -/++ +4 = 5

Piell fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2012 around 20:11

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR brings the note out to the others, slipping the stone into his pocket as he goes. "Found an anchorstone, and a note saying to bring it to some fella named Clovis. Got a phone number with it, too. The ghoul mentioned something about Clovis, didn't he?"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

"Ya know how to reach me, if you need me," JR says as he heads out. A few blocks away, he gets a cab and returns to his hotel room, where he begins to put his things in his suitcases. It was time to move to a new room - he'd already been here a while, and with what had been going on it would be best to make it harder to find him.

Pick up the Weight of Reputation Stunt: You may use your Presence instead
of Intimidation to scare someone, provided the target knows of you and your ďrep.Ē Add Empathy at +1, and swap Intimidate and Presence."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

JR's expression changes to a half-grin as he sees the card. Bohpoli's jobs were always ... interesting. Not usually easy or safe, but definitely interesting. And 'sides, JR had been in apple pie order lately, and felt he could taken on whatever Boh could throw at him. JR took a quick look around to make sure nobody was watching, and headed out to the tree. "Got yerself a difficulty, then?" he calls up to the fae.

• Locked thread
«8 »