Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

my story is a bit different from the normal stories

Data Graham posted:

The art is super loving legit, yet I would absolutely be lying if I said I could tell visually what the hell is going on.

Yeah I agree, it was slightly confusing to me at first too, but it's actually pretty simple

- Coyote and Garry are inside the book
- Miladox (the creature) slashes Magma Garry in half, who reforms himself with Coyote's strings
- Miladox dashes towards the book and tries to destroy it
- Magma Garry shoots out his strings around Miladox to try and halt its movement, which only slows it down as it drags Magma Garry towards the book

coolbob fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, that page has some incredible art, I just wish it was during a part we care about. This 5-year fight is like when two children have a backyard shoot-out with finger guns and don't ever budge on the "I hit you!" / "No, I have a shield" made-up rules.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Do not speak ill of the fight anymore or lazerbot will have it continue for another 500 pages just to troll us. We are beholden to his power

Anyway, JazzFlight, I remember your name. You were involved with the TGT goon project, right? Like all goon projects it never got very far, but what we did get was gold.

Now that this thread has renewed interest, here's the dub of the first chapter on YouTube, for old times' sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuvfzOwU4xU

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, that page has some incredible art, I just wish it was during a part we care about. This 5-year fight is like when two children have a backyard shoot-out with finger guns and don't ever budge on the "I hit you!" / "No, I have a shield" made-up rules.

The only reason it's coming out as fast as it has is because I've been paying the volunteers who were previously doing this for free in their spare time, lol. and the fight is going to end in like literally 3 pages

Other than that we've just been following Lazerbot's script which we can't do anything about. I think I mentioned before that he's going to make future fight scenes much shorter, though.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 20, 2020

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Phlegmish posted:

Do not speak ill of the fight anymore or lazerbot will have it continue for another 500 pages just to troll us. We are beholden to his power

Anyway, JazzFlight, I remember your name. You were involved with the TGT goon project, right? Like all goon projects it never got very far, but what we did get was gold.

Now that this thread has renewed interest, here's the dub of the first chapter on YouTube, for old times' sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuvfzOwU4xU
Lol, yeah, I'm the one who animated that (through chapter 4) and did the vocal songs for chapters 1-10.

...it'll be my immortal legacy. :shepface:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

The TGT album is honestly a masterpiece. The songs are still stuck in my head to this day. My favorites are probably the songs for Chapter 8 and 9.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 20, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

coolbob posted:

The only reason it's coming out as fast as it has is because I've been paying the volunteers who were previously doing this for free in their spare time, lol.

You are a strange person, but you're also doing the Lord's work, and for that we must thank you :cheers:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I figured I've spent so much time on the website and helping Lazerbot with various other things I might as well go all in on it. What can I say, I'm a dedicated follower of the Internet's greatest magnum opus

coolbob fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 20, 2020

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

coolbob posted:

Other than that we've just been following Lazerbot's script which we can't do anything about.

Good, that's the only way to do it!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Holy hell, that art!!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
now draw the terrible part with sonic's girlfriend Amy in that style

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I remember when this comic used to be funny.

The art is good though.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

The art is good though.
That point stopped well before the hiatus though. It's all good, I'm not as into it as I was and think Lazerbot should figure out a new project he can more directly monetize, perhaps with an editor to give him better structure. On the other hand I'm not sure any of this was ever real, and if this is deliberate art I want to see it continue forever developing alongside culture. I guess I want that either way from the high points of the series so best of luck to the whole team, whatever your nature

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There's been good moments in the last few pages, give him a chance to get back to the drama, top 10 anime betrayals, etc. OG lazerbot is still in there somewhere.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Daikloktos posted:

That point stopped well before the hiatus though.

Oh yes absolutely. Lazerbot started believing his own hype and the comic went from "80s video game characters saying the gamer words and dying hilariously" to "original characters DO NOT STEAL", ruining the whole thing.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

coolbob posted:

and the fight is going to end in like literally 3 pages

:suspense:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Der Shovel posted:

Boy, I vaguely remember when this comic used to be funny.

Der Shovel posted:

drat i should have included this in the bald troll dialogue

Daikloktos posted:

That point stopped well before the hiatus though. It's all good, I'm not as into it as I was and think Lazerbot should figure out a new project he can more directly monetize, perhaps with an editor to give him better structure. On the other hand I'm not sure any of this was ever real, and if this is deliberate art I want to see it continue forever developing alongside culture. I guess I want that either way from the high points of the series so best of luck to the whole team, whatever your nature

The only time I stopped enjoying TGT as much was during most of Chapter 22 and especially with Polished (re-reading it yesterday I think it definitely would've benefited from an editor). Chapter 21 was an anime fight but it had good moments with Jacko and the overly-realistic drawings. And I might be biased since I'm directly involved with Chapter 23 but at least there's a change of scenery and Coyote is fighting someone else, even if it's a continuation of the last fight. I also think Miladox is pretty cool

Additionally, Lazerbot and his brother do have original projects planned, and they're working on one right now which you can find on their DA. That's part of the reason I got the art team together since Lazerbot was too busy to draw TGT himself. The effort the artists are putting in as well as the fan reaction to the latest chapter has been motivating them to also focus on TGT, though.

Phlegmish posted:

There's been good moments in the last few pages, give him a chance to get back to the drama, top 10 anime betrayals, etc. OG lazerbot is still in there somewhere.

Agreed. I'm very much looking forward to where things will go after this fight. Regardless of what you think about the current arc, it's still better that the story is continuing so we can see what happens next, as opposed to the comic still being on hiatus.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 20, 2020

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
After years of putting this project on the sidelines for college I finally finished the music video for JFlight's Chapter 5 song.

Beware the Word of Death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjBHO5wK5k4

Stick around for an announcement at the end!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Puke Fukem posted:

After years of putting this project on the sidelines for college I finally finished the music video for JFlight's Chapter 5 song.

Beware the Word of Death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjBHO5wK5k4

Stick around for an announcement at the end!
Holy poo poo dude, that was insane! Talk about showing off your master skills.
You really took up the torch and ran with it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
$90 well spent.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Er... just looked up Hazencruz who's supposedly taking over voice acting for the next videos? That's the guy you wanna go with? He looks to be an alt-right shithead.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah just from the name that sounds iffy

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Just give it to the crew who did it last time, they did a great job.

Giving it to a guy called Swastika would indeed be an epic troll towards SA, but the kind that might get the thread closed and TGT on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I call the role of kermit

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

I call the role of kermit

Your credentials are impeccable, we'll see you on Monday

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Phlegmish posted:

Just give it to the crew who did it last time, they did a great job.

You mean Aramek? I don't think he's interested anymore, which is why Puke had to find someone new in the first place

I don't really agree with this guy's politics either, but as long as he just reads the script and doesn't go on a tangent about the "librul sjw antifa marxists" taking over America it's fine, I guess nevermind lol

coolbob fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 27, 2020

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

I was putting together some sound files for Roundabout Route (the goon who made the Space Jam remixes of my songs) and I figured I'd post them here for everyone if they wanted to play around, too:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gm9kn0o72ua01

You've got access to:

1 - Tails Gets Trolled (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
2 - The Troll Slaiyers (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
3 - Name of the Trolls (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
4 - Your Next (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
5 - The Word of Death (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
6 - Troll Off (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup #1, Backup #2)
7 - Get Use to It (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)

Since the instrumental tracks are there, you can treat them like karaoke tracks if you want to make your own cover versions or whatever.
Enjoy and have fun!
JazzFlight do you still have all the audio files? This link still works and I was making some flac files to listen to. The lead vocals on The Troll Slaiyers are marked as copyrighted so I can't download them, the lead vocals for One Beer are missing, and the files for Troll Another Troll didn't get uploaded.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

HBar posted:

JazzFlight do you still have all the audio files? This link still works and I was making some flac files to listen to. The lead vocals on The Troll Slaiyers are marked as copyrighted so I can't download them, the lead vocals for One Beer are missing, and the files for Troll Another Troll didn't get uploaded.
Wow, it's insane that link still works from 8 years ago.

I just re-uploaded the files I had to a shared Google Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oVdBPCQgBiT4YagoYIamRg65NWQhK1GJ?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any issues.

EDIT:
Ah, and if anyone wants the album itself in .mp3, I re-uploaded that to the folder as well.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 25, 2020

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

coolbob posted:

You mean Aramek? I don't think he's interested anymore, which is why Puke had to find someone new in the first place

I don't really agree with this guy's politics either, but as long as he just reads the script and doesn't go on a tangent about the "librul sjw antifa marxists" taking over America it's fine, I guess

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that announcing a collaboration with username UnironicHitlerFan1488 is not the epitome of "fine", but maybe that's just me.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, it's insane that link still works from 8 years ago.

I just re-uploaded the files I had to a shared Google Drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oVdBPCQgBiT4YagoYIamRg65NWQhK1GJ?usp=sharing

Let me know if you have any issues.

EDIT:
Ah, and if anyone wants the album itself in .mp3, I re-uploaded that to the folder as well.
Thanks! I don't see the tracks for Troll Another Troll, but I'm happy with the MP3.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

LordMune posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that announcing a collaboration with username UnironicHitlerFan1488 is not the epitome of "fine", but maybe that's just me.

Definitely not just you. Working with Nazis is gross and I'll be skipping out on watching anything that platforms one. It doesn't matter if he keeps his politics to himself (his username is already him not keeping his politics to himself, btw).

I tolerate Lazerbot because I'm laughing at him and he doesn't seem to be a hateful person, just stupid. But a dude whose username is literally Swastika is a no go.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Now don't be hasty, maybe the resemblance to Hakenkreuz is just an unfortunate coincidence

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I will mercilessly poo poo on any project with an open nazi.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Phlegmish posted:

Now don't be hasty, maybe the resemblance to Hakenkreuz is just an unfortunate coincidence

I don't think it's merely because of the name that JazzFlight said he looks like an alt-right shithead.

Just put his name in duckduckgo and see what you find.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, I was being facetious, in context I really doubt it's just a coincidence.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress nazis, tbqh

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"As long as the guy named after the literal swastika doesn't start saying white power poo poo on tape, I don't see a problem working with him" sure is a hot-rear end take for 2020.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Yeah I stopped caring the moment a Nazi showed for said project.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Der Shovel posted:

"As long as the guy named after the literal swastika doesn't start saying white power poo poo on tape, I don't see a problem working with him" sure is a hot-rear end take for 2020.

I only took a quick glance at his Twitter and thought he just came off as some dumb Trump fan, which should be obvious if you actually read my post and noticed I didn't say anything about white power. I obviously didn't make the connection with his name either. If he is actually an unironic nazi, I take back what I said, because that is indeed pretty cringe.

And speaking of the JazzFlight's TGT album, I've also uploaded it to the http://www.tailsgetstrolled.org website for easy access.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Perhaps instead of a syllabary of dogwhistles for you, yourself, to reflexively bark at instead try reading a little bit of what people have to say and get to know them on the most basic level