Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Redeadagain posted:

Lazerbot should be proud, he has produced a small animated thing that will forever remind us of his exploits. (Non ironic)

I read the Tale of Smith because I was curious about the emoticon and sent it to several friends because I liked it so much. Since I assume other people have done the same, I think we've made Tails Gets Trolled immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

Gaybee posted:

Dude...

Also:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

:fut:

I love the fact that there is a tiny little smirk in it.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

SaltLick posted:

:fut:

I love the fact that there is a tiny little smirk in it.

I am going to get SO much usage out of this in the Homestuck thread, I tell you what. It's the gift that keeps on giving!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Roundabout Route posted:

Also:

It's way too hard to read the text on these ones.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Psalmanazar posted:

You don't need to read the words, you need to know them.

dumb rear end will learn,

cyfad fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 12, 2012

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...

nerdbot posted:

I am going to get SO much usage out of this in the Homestuck thread, I tell you what. It's the gif that keeps on giving!

I am so dripping with cleverness and wit that I fixed that for you.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

http://lazerbot.deviantart.com/#/d4zevyq I'd like to point out Lazerbot's comments on this latest page, where he backs up his portrayal of Tom and Jerry with evidence from an actual cartoon.

I'm kind of amazed.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

nerdbot posted:

http://lazerbot.deviantart.com/#/d4zevyq I'd like to point out Lazerbot's comments on this latest page, where he backs up his portrayal of Tom and Jerry with evidence from an actual cartoon.

I'm kind of amazed.

This is the video Lazerbot linked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQknhd6mLk8

Also this one is good:

Lazerbot. :allears:

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
That's really, really cool. And gently caress Jerry, he was always a dick.

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

Psalmanazar posted:

I was trying to preserve the magic of lazerbot's line breaks.

Better?

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Also this one is good:

Lazerbot. :allears:

What is an OCS? I'm assuming it's "original character" something or other.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Bart Fargo posted:

What is an OCS? I'm assuming it's "original character" something or other.

OC is original character. OCs is the plural of that. (At least I'm pretty sure that's what it means.)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Redeadagain posted:

That's really, really cool. And gently caress Jerry, he was always a dick.

I'm really glad to hear so many people saying this, I was the only kid I knew that rooted for Tom every time (except for when the dog showed up, I liked him better). Good to know I'm not alone.

I can't wait to see what happens next, every single goddamn thing in this chapter has been amazing. :allears:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Roundabout Route posted:

gently caress my lack of spare money, this deserves eternal posterity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We probably shouldn't overdo it. :fut: is enough for me.

ElementaryScotty
Jan 8, 2010
Part of the reason I always disliked Jerry was that as a kid, I used to hear war stories from my grandfather and he'd talk about "Tommies" and "Jerries". I suppose I sort of put two and two together and got upset when Jerry came out on top.

So thanks for killing off that drat mouse, Lazerbot.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Waffleman_ posted:

We probably shouldn't overdo it. :fut: is enough for me.

I'd love a good "Wat?" smiley, but that would probably get abused worse than Psyduck.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

ZuljinRaynor posted:

This is the video Lazerbot linked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQknhd6mLk8

If he's sourcing events from the cartoons; hopefully someone will end up in a Zoot Suit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Gwdj0C6S4

Though I have a feeling Tom isn't long for this world.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Six Of Spades posted:

Though I have a feeling Tom isn't long for this world.

Tom is seen with Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester after they save Silver (unless you mean that in the present he isn't going to last much longer), so he's going to master his powers with the rest. There's two other guys who might not make it.

e: I'm betting that they're going to have to fight the three-eyed guy and the bald one won't make it.

Narmi fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 13, 2012

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

ElementaryScotty posted:

Part of the reason I always disliked Jerry was that as a kid, I used to hear war stories from my grandfather and he'd talk about "Tommies" and "Jerries". I suppose I sort of put two and two together and got upset when Jerry came out on top.

So thanks for killing off that drat mouse, Lazerbot.

Holy poo poo, I never even thought of that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Die Laughing posted:

I'd love a good "Wat?" smiley, but that would probably get abused worse than Psyduck.

I wouldn't say :psyduck: is really overused though. It legitimately conveys a "what the gently caress" reaction better than any of the other ones, even :wtc:.

That being said I think :fut: is the only smiley we need out of this thread and it's awesome to boot.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ElementaryScotty posted:

Holy gently caress. The things I learn in this most magical of threads.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Macaluso posted:

I wouldn't say :psyduck: is really overused though. It legitimately conveys a "what the gently caress" reaction better than any of the other ones, even :wtc:.

That being said I think :fut: is the only smiley we need out of this thread and it's awesome to boot.

Wouldn't the high shovel also be a good keeper?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Trevor Hale posted:

Wouldn't the high shovel also be a good keeper?

It doesn't really make sense in most situations though. The Shadow emote I can see legitimately being used once in a while.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Zach Weiner has apparently been taking eye-drawing lessons from lazerbot:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I think the reason I hate Jerry is most of the time tom was just doing his job of keeping pests from eating all the food (usually with his owner threatening a beating/kicking him out). A lot of the time it was usually Jerry taking advantage of a situation to get tom in trouble or hosed up (provoking the big dog? by messing with his puppie).

gently caress you Jerry :fut:

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 13, 2012

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I wonder if the creators of Tom and Jerry realized just -how much- everyone despised Jerry. Were they intentionally trolling the audience, or did they sincerely believed everyone enjoyed Jerry's "tomfoolery"?

Either way, Jerry dying was probably one of the most satisfying things I've seen so far from this comic.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
F the haters, Jerry 2012. Jerry's got heart, unlike that murderous Tom character. Plus his mouse house is sweet as hell.

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010
Tom and Jerry are really best friends, Tom is just a complete masochist.

Isn't that right, Zach?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

F the haters, Jerry 2012. Jerry's got heart, unlike that murderous Tom character. Plus his mouse house is sweet as hell.

You're the first person i've seen who sympathises with Jerry. Jerry is an uncaring monster, a hellish apparition from the deepest bowels of the abyss who lives for the sole purpose of spreading suffering and misfortune. Jerry is the antichrist, the great evil. Most reasonable people loathe him, and wish for nothing more than to see him brought to a painful, final justice - a wish that Lazerbot has granted us, a moment of sweet catharsis.

loving jarry.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You guys are crazy. It's simple: Sometimes Jerry is the bastard. Sometimes Tom is the bastard. On certain rare occasions neither of them is the bastard. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who did what, because the next day somebody else is going to be the bastard.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Mr. Maltose posted:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who did what, because the next day somebody else is going to be the batsard.
Fixed that for you.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Mr. Maltose posted:

You guys are crazy. It's simple: Sometimes Jerry is the bastard. Sometimes Tom is the bastard. On certain rare occasions neither of them is the bastard. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who did what, because the next day somebody else is going to be the bastard.

Jerry made Tom a batsard. Jerry is the true batsard and so he must die so Tom could be saved from batsardhood.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Clockroach posted:

Tom and Jerry are really best friends, Tom is just a complete masochist.

Isn't that right, Zach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhZ_W6rD4nA

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Jerry just doesn't give a gently caress about his own safety. Think about his life, it'd be like living with a loving sabertooth every day all day. And Jerry likes it. He fuckin' has fun with it. He could die any goddamn second. He's a happy nihilist.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Silver/Rob's theme.

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.
I'd just like to throw my hat into the ring on the side of the Jerry haters, Jerry is a smug, nasty oval office to Tom all the time. He exists entirely to make Tom's life a misery. always felt that way watching the show and I'm amazed to find so many others did too.

PS thankyou lazerbot for bringing this issue to the fore

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

This background story is really long considering all it's explaining is a deus ex machina. I don't mind it because of Jerry's death (yeah gently caress you Jerry) but I really want to get back to the action. I'm sure I am hoping for what everyone else is - Elmer, Silver and Tom/Slyvester all in the same scene. Maybe Woodstock added for flavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruttiger posted:

Jerry is a smug, nasty cu******nt

Woah man, careful with that word, someone might get hurt. Jerry's terrible, but you don't need to drop him a word of death. That might cause collateral damage.