Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I was admittedly one of the people who got tired of the Mario/Troll King fight, but this one is pretty awesome so far. Lazerbot has gotten better at drawing interesting action scenes. It also helps that we've been consistently getting a new page each day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
It's true, the Mario/King Troll fight dragged because it was pretty clear who was going to be the winner early on.
This one, however, is BOSS. I mean, rock beetles?!?! That's loving cool.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
I'm going to admit that I actually found it really interesting in the Mario vs. Troll King fight scene how Mario used a bunch of different powers from all kinds of different games - that was cool and kept things interesting, the problem was just that Mario was never successful.

The fight could've been pretty much the same except were Mario to actually land some of those hits and hurt the Troll King, it would've been much more interesting. The one sided-ness of the fight was literally the only reason I found it uninteresting.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Sue posted:

Many people say they can't see poo poo on these dark pages, but all you can do is calibrate your displays.
Seriously.

I know, lazerbot's blacks unfortunately range between 2% and 5%, but he's doing these on a PC.
Windows encodes images with 0.45 gamma and decodes with 2.2.

Before Snow Leopard, Macs encoded with 0.55 and decoded with 1.88.

So, if you have an older Mac, all you can do is calibrate your display and set it to a Windows-style gamma.
Then you'll see the pages as Lazerbot intended.

Can't be helped.

Looks black on my IPad, adjusting the brightness doesnt help much.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Redeadagain posted:

It's true, the Mario/King Troll fight dragged because it was pretty clear who was going to be the winner early on.
This one, however, is BOSS. I mean, rock beetles?!?! That's loving cool.

The badder guy is going to win because that is the only twist Lazerbot knows. So the demon guy.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Sue posted:

Many people say they can't see poo poo on these dark pages, but all you can do is calibrate your displays.
Seriously.

I know, lazerbot's blacks unfortunately range between 2% and 5%, but he's doing these on a PC.
Windows encodes images with 0.45 gamma and decodes with 2.2.

Before Snow Leopard, Macs encoded with 0.55 and decoded with 1.88.

So, if you have an older Mac, all you can do is calibrate your display and set it to a Windows-style gamma.
Then you'll see the pages as Lazerbot intended.

Can't be helped.

Good point. I just read the comic again on my windows pc and it's a lot better looking.

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008

Aristobulus posted:

The fight could've been pretty much the same except were Mario to actually land some of those hits and hurt the Troll King, it would've been much more interesting. The one sided-ness of the fight was literally the only reason I found it uninteresting.

That was my one problem with the Mario vs. Troll King fight too. I didn't hate it but in the end there wasn't any tension to keep it interesting. With how bizarrely matched Demaro and Garry are it's been an interesting fight to watch.

That and the ridiculous poo poo talking they've been doing during it has it's own charm instead of the constant "I will defeat you!" dialogue Mario had.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yea what makes this fight more tolerable for me is Garrys constant "loving gently caress you faggoty human being!!!!"

I'm an easy mark.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I'll take a page a day fight scenes for several days over a 20 page issue released every month that has the whole thing in it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I have to admit the pacing and the action beats all seem excellently placed. I'm betting we get another couple skirmishes before the massive grand finale this is leading up to. I can't wait.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Chexoid posted:

Yea what makes this fight more tolerable for me is Garrys constant "loving gently caress you faggoty human being!!!!"

I'm an easy mark.

This is a part of it for me too. If memory serves, I felt like the Mario vs. King fight was trying to play it a bit too straight as an anime-like battle (well, as straight as it could be with Mario using all his different powers). The troll king was a bit too much of a traditional BBEG/villain and not as much of a troll in the TGT tradition.

This one has a lot of the same superpowers and anime-like pacing, but nicely subverts it with the constant accusations of faggotry. :allears:

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Sue posted:

Seriously.

That's not the problem. The issue here is that he's drawing these on a laptop with a low quality TN panel with probably the brightness turned up, so what appears to him as gray is black on a proper display.

Clearly the best solution here is to raise some money and get him an Eizo ColorEdge.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This fight is a lot more fun because of the Anime Oneupmanship and the fact that they're both landing hits.

However, from a storytelling standpoint there's almost no way Demaro will lose, simply because it makes too much sense for him to be there to completely ruin Silver's plan to rescue Elmer in some way, so it isn't quite as exciting to me.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Does anyone have the tindeck link for that song about the romance in this comic and how Blaze just wanted Silver to grow a spine and ask her out? That is my favourite TGT fanmusic.

In fact, there should be a post with all the fanmusic made so far.

edit: found it!

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 17, 2012

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

nerdbot posted:

This fight is a lot more fun because of the Anime Oneupmanship and the fact that they're both landing hits.

However, from a storytelling standpoint there's almost no way Demaro will lose, simply because it makes too much sense for him to be there to completely ruin Silver's plan to rescue Elmer in some way, so it isn't quite as exciting to me.

I'm actually betting on Team Silver interrupting the fight, having made it into Troll City while Garry's been distracted.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

withheldmcfakename posted:

I'm actually betting on Team Silver interrupting the fight, having made it into Troll City while Garry's been distracted.

I can't wait for the giant cage plan to fail catastrophically. Or win them the war.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I think Garry and Garrybot are my favourite characters.

Why did he turn red and black though?

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

gently caress
your
vines

EDIT: Adjusted gamma.

Sue fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 17, 2012

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Jeez, that thing Demaro landed on looks suspiciously like an altar. For something like, say, a blood sacrifice... :ohdear:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I think that was him breaking his fall by catching himself with vine growth.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Yeah, its vines.

nerdbot posted:

Yeah, pretty much. I'm still rooting for Garry though and hope that he doesn't get straight up killed. I like his character and hope he gets to live to excessively swear another day. His new design reminds me of something from Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

nerdbot posted:

Isn't this supposed to be wrapping up soon? I can see Silver's plan actually going well.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

From my interview with him it wouldn't seem as though theres a time-table set for ending this thing. He wants to hit his plot beats and when it's done, it's done. It feels like we're getting close, though. Something has to give. Also,
gently caress
Your
Vines

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

there is no
need for any
blood shed
, this problem
can be solved
with out any
vines

Butts McGee
Aug 17, 2012
Long time lurker here. Can't really add anything to this thread that hasn't been discussed at length already, but I can offer something for the Tails Gets Trolled website! I've got each chapter save for the in progress one saved and turned into CBR files. They aren't tablet friendly or anything, as far as I know, but it'd be something for the site.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Those necromancy strings sure are adaptable! He can use them as shields or even shoot them like machine gun bullets or flechettes or something. I like that in a power -- flexibility. It makes for more interesting potential battles.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Silver Snail posted:

Yeah, pretty much. I'm still rooting for Garry though and hope that he doesn't get straight up killed. I like his character and hope he gets to live to excessively swear another day. His new design reminds me of something from Mario & Luigi Super Star Saga.

Lazey should totally introduce Fawful to the comic in the troll's side. Combining the character's engrish with the writer's peculiar grammar would end only on hilarity.

'I HAVE F->
URY!!!'

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Alright, alright, alright...
Chapter 4, Part 1 is here, dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLapAwIwkk

More on the way soon.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

JazzFlight posted:

More on the way soon.

The robot voice was so great, but everytime I hear the sonic voice I ask myself
"Why is everyones voice so fitting, but Sonic's voice is so "bleh" and forgettable, and doesn't sound like his cheezy sunnyboy voice in the games?"

Is there a reason for that ?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

skipThings posted:

"Why is everyones voice so fitting, but Sonic's voice is so "bleh" and forgettable, and doesn't sound like his cheezy sunnyboy voice in the games?"

I kind of agree with this sentiment. Related to that, I wonder if it might be better for some stock sound effects for punching and kicking and force waves and whatnot instead of making sound effects with your mouth. Maybe it would be better the way it is with mouthy sound effects, but I'm still curious.

And what was that Japanese commercial for at the end?

E: vvv thanks, was wondering what game it was for.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 17, 2012

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
No ! Do the Sound effects with your mouth, all of them !
The advertisment was for the Dreamcast game "Sonic Heroes"

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

skipThings posted:

The weird thing is that I love Aramek's take on Sonic. It's got this goofy, warbly, voice-cracking slacker/teenager sound to it. Kinda like how his Silver is completely original too.

Of course, as you can see from this chapter, Aramek has apparently been the official Sega voice actor for Vector all along, we just never noticed.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

More on the way soon.

Best one yet. I lost it at Schitcky to your body, then lost it more at the zoom on Sonic's rear end, then just about died upon hearing the robot voice.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Fun Fact, I found absolutely nothing on that robot. I even watched a whole Sonic X episode ( :argh: ) and he never spoke once. So, had to make that all up. First bit of editing I had to do so far, everything else was as it came out of my mouth.

As for Sonic's voice, I tried to do this "annoying milquetoast" sort of voice that is always lecturing you. As my Jaleel White impression is sub-par, I figured I'd just flat out different.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I feel like Sonic's voice is perfect for the character as is written.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I'd like to echo the sentiment on sound effects. It might be neat to try it out at least once.

That being said, I think one of my favourite things about these are the musical cues. The stand-out moment for me this time was Espio's entrance. What's great is that there is literally a plethora of cheesey anime fight music out there, you can probably just look up a list of shonen anime, pick one at random and use its music

The credits next time should play up the damatic nature of Sonic's death. For instance, leave ten seconds of just a black screen after the fade-out before the credits just play over it silently.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Calico Heart posted:

The credits next time should play up the damatic nature of Sonic's death. For instance, leave ten seconds of just a black screen after the fade-out before the credits just play over it silently.
Oh, hoo hoo, don't worry, chum. I have something special planned for poor Sonic's departure from this earthly realm.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Aramek posted:

Fun Fact, I found absolutely nothing on that robot. I even watched a whole Sonic X episode ( :argh: ) and he never spoke once. So, had to make that all up. First bit of editing I had to do so far, everything else was as it came out of my mouth.

Yeah, there's no voice acting in Emerl's only game appearance as well, so this was about as good as you could do. And it was nice to hear a bit of Knuckles since he won't be back until Chapter 6.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Oh, hoo hoo, don't worry, chum. I have something special planned for poor Sonic's departure from this earthly realm.

A a little fan request, you should totally fit some TTGL music in at some point, the entire soundtrack in a masterclass of shounen emotional cues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

withheldmcfakename posted:

And it was nice to hear a bit of Knuckles since he won't be back until Chapter 6.

I can't wait until we get to the part with Knuckles and Elmer Fudd. 'Dude I think she's talking about me.'

This is the best goon project ever, thank you Aramek and JazzFlight.