Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Aramek posted:

The sweet embrace of the spear. :black101:

hey you wanna
embrase the spear
haha get it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I think somebody in the thread already said it around his first appearance, but I keep mentally reading Coyote's lines in Joel McHale's voice.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Solomonic posted:

I think somebody in the thread already said it around his first appearance, but I keep mentally reading Coyote's lines in Joel McHale's voice.

That's not the only thing in this thread that some people read in his voice.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:
Do people actually unironically enjoy this poo poo or are we laughing at how bad this is? I just want to know.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A little from column A a little from column B

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I don't check this thread first thing every day so I can laugh at how bad it is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

Do people actually unironically enjoy this poo poo or are we laughing at how bad this is? I just want to know.

Yes.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

There can be some overlap between the two, you know.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That whole sequence of panels with the demon thing coming out of the portal is a little bit visually confusing, and I had to spend a while trying to understand what was going on. Panel 17 still confuses me-- what is the point of this panel?

"I'm out of my comfort zone, I want to get back to somewhere where there's a lot of sand" is really a great line, though.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

DrSunshine posted:

That whole sequence of panels with the demon thing coming out of the portal is a little bit visually confusing, and I had to spend a while trying to understand what was going on. Panel 17 still confuses me-- what is the point of this panel?

"I'm out of my comfort zone, I want to get back to somewhere where there's a lot of sand" is really a great line, though.

Not sure what's so confusing about the portal sequence. It's opening up and starts small, then grows to let the demon through and closes again once it's out. As for the last panel, I think it just shows that Coyote is about to use his neutral powers, so we are about to see him animate a corpse for the first time. It also serves as a reminder that Coyote's powers are different, hence the yellow strings. Plus it let's the reveal of Coyote's corpses come at the beginning of the next page instead of the end of this one.

embergram and lazerbot have both stated that the next page is really awesome, so I'm actually looking forward to what comes next.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

23 Flavors posted:

Not sure what's so confusing about the portal sequence. It's opening up and starts small, then grows to let the demon through and closes again once it's out. As for the last panel, I think it just shows that Coyote is about to use his neutral powers, so we are about to see him animate a corpse for the first time. It also serves as a reminder that Coyote's powers are different, hence the yellow strings. Plus it let's the reveal of Coyote's corpses come at the beginning of the next page instead of the end of this one.

embergram and lazerbot have both stated that the next page is really awesome, so I'm actually looking forward to what comes next.

The confusing thing is that the volumetric light emitting out of the portal is the same color as the strings, and since we've seen the strings used so frequently in a similar manner, it's easy to assume Demaro used strings to open the portal, even though they clearly do not connect to him.

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

horriblePencilist posted:

The confusing thing is that the volumetric light emitting out of the portal is the same color as the strings, and since we've seen the strings used so frequently in a similar manner, it's easy to assume Demaro used strings to open the portal, even though they clearly do not connect to him.

Ah, now I see how it could be confusing. I sort of just assumed that it was demonic lighting from Hell or something.

Tweek
Feb 1, 2005

I have more disposable income than you.
It also looks like the light cone that is opening the portal is coming from over by Coyote.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This reminds me of this thread, and is relevant to current events.

http://imgur.com/a/6pNOB

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

FrenchToasty posted:

Another fan favorite troll bites the dust...

gently caress you he was smart

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I have to be honest though, I feel bad for that troll's pet turtle. It needs him :ohdear:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What if the Road Runner's puppet was an ACME employee?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

horriblePencilist posted:

But they actually trapped the trolls well after the battle ended, let alone Demaro summoned the Guardian. That actually happened very early in the fight, and considering it lasted over 30 pages, some time must have passed since they started.
That being said, it's pretty impressive the buck-toothed troll survived for that long. You'd think the ones on the sides would die first.

...I was more trying to say they are ice-cold psychopaths.

who are awkward teenage animes, which makes it funny

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I know nothing about the Sonic universe, doesn't Blaze and Silver have, like, magic or something? Can't they just light the trolls on fire? Why the spear, which is taking, easily over an hour to stab all the trolls? Which is so damned :psyduck: I can't even begin to imagine...

Don't get me wrong, the spear is the best idea ever, but, surely they have more efficient ways to do this.

vvv 4E for life! :cmon:

Aramek fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 8, 2012

Burnsaber
Jan 16, 2011

I'm a wizard and
I don't pee.
I'm a videogame

Aramek posted:

I know nothing about the Sonic universe, doesn't Blaze and Silver have, like, magic or something? Can't they just light the trolls on fire? Why the spear, which is taking, easily over an hour to stab all the trolls? Which is so damned :psyduck: I can't even begin to imagine...

Don't get me wrong, the spear is the best idea ever, but, surely they have more efficient ways to do this.

(I think) It has been established that they have limited amounts of "mana" to do poo poo with. So Silver is like that rear end in a top hat wizard player in yuor D&D group that wants to do everything the hard way because he has to save spell slots.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Can we all pool our money together for a 3D printer? I want Rob and Garry action figures!

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
I'm at a school of Architecture, we have 3D-printer here. At the design school across the street, they have a 3D-printer that can make scale 1:1 cars (one of three in europe, the other two are at Mercedes and BMW in Germany). So image a 2 meter tall Shadow in styrofoam flipping the bird.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aramek posted:

vvv 4E for life! :cmon:

Yeah, Silver has telekinesis and Blaze has fire powers. So they could both end it quick, but I guess they're either sadists, or...

Burnsaber posted:

(I think) It has been established that they have limited amounts of "mana" to do poo poo with. So Silver is like that rear end in a top hat wizard player in yuor D&D group that wants to do everything the hard way because he has to save spell slots.

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
He's probably doing it because he thinks it'll give him some alone time with Blaze.

He tries so hard, it's adorable.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Demaro screamed so hard it went oustide his bubble.
In all seriousness, Coyote's strings look awesome.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
What's in the bag? What's in the bag?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Wow that sunlight :)

Edit: Who's in the bag?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You know, that last panel reminded me of something:

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
Did anyone else, upon first seeing panel 8, think Coyote was growing into a giant?

These are shaping up to be cool fights, though!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's the road runner. He needed to be outside because the runner needs the open space for speed.

Demaro's going to get killed and its going to be awesome.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

spregalia posted:

What's in the bag? What's in the bag?

Totally calling Ysengrin.

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

COYOTE used SOLARBEAM.
COYOTE needs to take in sunlight!

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Coyote is the best dude. He gives progressively less of a gently caress every panel. Demaro's done.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Chapter 3: "The Truth" has now been remastered with character pages and watermarkless images on tailsgetstrolled.com!

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Does smug as gently caress count as an emotion? Is Wily at risk of having his life shorten? :ohdear:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Okay I did not see that coming.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

So...the Troll HQ is a tower, and the room Demaro and Wile E. Coyote were in was above ground, because they came up from the basement (where he previously fought Garry) to enter it. But the roof of this room is covered in grass?

Lazerbot's been pretty good about spacial relations in the comic (at least to some degree) but here I'm a bit confused.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The basement extends beyond the base of the tower. It's huge.

Is this taken
Mar 30, 2011

thats so fucking cool
Neutrals are fine so long as they have no emotional struggles.

Therefore Demaro is always angry, Coyote is always smug, Tom is always a dick, Sylvester is always chill, and Fudd is always clueless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

Is this taken posted:

Neutrals are fine so long as they have no emotional struggles.

Therefore Demaro is always angry, Coyote is always smug, Tom is always a dick, Sylvester is always chill, and Fudd is always clueless.

What I love about this concept is that it not only provides some interesting conflict inside the characters, but also allows lazy b to have moments that are out of character become even more significant to the story besides just the characters acting differently.