Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Cool, zapdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man, there's fanservice and then there's fan service.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Here's hoping those space jam trolls show up now.

I hope Charles Barkley shows up.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I made this while I was still all giddy from the Troll King character I made.
I'm bad at being the troll king. :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXIcewbFBnU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
How long has it been since the last page?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

elmer fud posted:

It might have been four days since Rob cheated death like an epic batsard.
(dreamed death)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

elmer fud posted:

What would you say the temperature of your pills are? Mine are warmish.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Baby Zapdos. :colbert:

Abelian Grape
Oct 14, 2012
I hope Lorenzen is introduced into canon as "foot ball guy" :allears:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ThatPazuzu posted:

Baby Zapdos. :colbert:

King Baby Zapdos.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

In any other situation, this would have gone terribly. I mean, y'all saw the canon fantrolls.

I'm so excited for Lord Thunderclaw and foot ball guy to appear.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

elmer fud posted:

He usually takes a break between chapters. Lazerbot chills his pill, too.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Actually thinking about this contest, it was pretty well thought out.
Since it was based around who was able to make the best fanart, it meant that the winners would have a fair amount of creativity.
Which means that they could probably would be able create some pretty good fan characters.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"He Ate Me" is absolutely hilarious, but I don't know if he'll get the reference.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
I hope next time Silver shows up he's carrying a turtle that nobody acknowledges

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Wow uh drat. Lazy-B must have grand plans for this guy if he wants such details.

Okay. He's really dumb. Talks with grunts and gestures, can barely form a coherent sentence. Honestly I don't care what side he's on, but it would be pretty cool to see him crush some trolls with his fat and knock off the heads of others with football throws. So...neutrals or Slayers I guess? I pictured him as a bodyguard type, and Hulk's best friend and they high five a lot.

His powers, as mentioned, are his really powerful throwing arm. He also has a superbowl ring, he could use that to blind people or something, maybe leave imprints on people when he punches them. He's kind of like the blob. Not muscular, just huge and soft. People bounce off him. Basically the stereotypical Fat dumb football player everyone knew in High School.

That's basically it. No preference to side. Stupid, grunts a lot. Throws football hard. Either best friends with Hulk or Hulk's biggest rival. I don't care which. I leave the rest up to you. I trust your instincts, Lazerbot.

I simply cannot wait to see Lorenzen in TGT. God bless you Febreeze, and God bless you, Lazerbot.

produce
Apr 1, 2008
This is kind of how I feel upon learning that out of the limitless possibilities for a wacky, creative TGT cameo character we get ... fat quarterback.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

produce posted:

This is kind of how I feel upon learning that out of the limitless possibilities for a wacky, creative TGT cameo character we get ... fat quarterback.

We get a lot of crazy poo poo anyway. Have faith.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Anyone curious what Lazy's going to do with these guys?

It could be like that random DBZ guy, just going to pop-in, then disappear into the night. "Hi - I'm a guest character, I have no importance, I'm going to leave now"

They could show up, kill a few trolls, say some weird poopoo like "ten hut - mother fucker" (I don't know sports - so this might be something a baseball character would say.), then get killed horribly.

A hallucination from gra-gras.

Lazerbot could misinterpret the characters - having the football guy playing soccer(foot ball).

Lazerbot will turn them into trolls, and they'll get killed.

Lazerbot will declare king baby zapdos the canan president of the world.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

scarycave posted:

Lazerbot could misinterpret the characters - having the football guy playing soccer(foot ball).

Intentional misinterpretation: the football guy playing with ball made of troll feet.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

produce posted:

One of the best things about this comic was a dance party scene involving Hello Kitty. Have a little faith in lazerbot. :colbert:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

produce posted:

Any character can be made intresting and endearing - even if they already exist.
Like this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nUbCgQEiHo
For some reason it reminds me a bit of the comic and the way he represents characters.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I look at that quarterback and imagine #86/68.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

produce posted:

The Battleship Lorenzen is a national treasure.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I hope you guys won't be mad if this is how the characters make their cameos:

Also, I just realized Rob had 2 daydreams in a single fight. He has more trouble focussing than I do.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

horriblePencilist posted:

Do you mean by appearing for one panel to say "Oh hey here I am appearing in the comic," or for a couple of panels getting mauled by the heroes while saying how scared and sissy they are?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

horriblePencilist posted:

Also, I just realized Rob had 2 daydreams in a single fight. He has more trouble focussing than I do.

I just noticed Sylvester is making a smily in the last panel.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

That's what we in the facial recognition business call an 'expression'.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think he meant that he's making a smiley emoticon, specifically :3:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Maybe Wile E. Coyote has the corpse of foot ball guy in his book too, and we get a flashback of him paying off Knuckles to help him kill him.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Doc Hawkins posted:

sure they are.... -_-

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

produce posted:

Sorry I happen to be interested in different things than you. Next time you can win the contest.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Febreeze posted:

Sorry I happen to be interested in different things than you. Next time you can win the contest.

I just want to let you know that I think your idea is hilarious, and I don't even care about football. :shobon: I just don't see how anyone could not find the idea of a character whose power "is that he can throw a football really hard, like a cannon" funny and altogether appropriate for TGT. I am imagining flaming footballs being thrown at trolls by a guy whose face is never seen because of his helmet, and the image is hilarious. Zapdos is a little less interesting, but his name is Lord Thunderclaw, which more or less makes up for him being Zapdos.

EDIT: Also, being Hulk's biggest rival is even more ridiculous and I hope he is that and not Hulk's friend. (But I guess being Hulk's friend is okay too)

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 9, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Febreeze posted:

:iceburn:

produce got served.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally I am just shocked that even this comic, the last bastion of the TRUE 90s KID GEEK, has been stolen and ruined just like everything else in my life by these HIPSTER JOCKS. You already stole high school from me, can't I just have this comic :qq:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

HIPSTER JOCKS.

What is that, a football player who wears skinny jeans and sweaters?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

DrSunshine posted:

What is that, a football player who wears skinny jeans and sweaters?

They're only on the team ironically.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It's just someone who is both fit and stylish. So sorry we like comics too. :rolleyes:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dude they were playing football before it was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

projecthalaxy posted:

Personally I am just shocked that even this comic, the last bastion of the TRUE 90s KID GEEK, has been stolen and ruined just like everything else in my life by these HIPSTER JOCKS. You already stole high school from me, can't I just have this comic :qq:

"You mad. You mad. You look mad you stupid bitch."

-The OG Troll