Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
I dunno, this whole quasi-misogynistic segment about some dudes smoking WEED :420: and talking about all these hot bitches they hosed, dude, bro, do you even lift? is really not doing anything for me. Instead of backpedaling about how it's not demeaning to trans people because it's based on how this brodude once sang like a loving drag queen (not counting the ones who sing good ofc, no hate), maybe LB shouldn't make blanket statements about groups of people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Idyllwild
Aug 6, 2013

by Lowtax
He's going to keep doing it, so my advice would be to either make peace with it and try to enjoy what you can, or stop reading the comic.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I dunno, this whole quasi-misogynistic segment about some dudes smoking WEED :420: and talking about all these hot bitches they hosed, dude, bro, do you even lift? is really not doing anything for me. Instead of backpedaling about how it's not demeaning to trans people because it's based on how this brodude once sang like a loving drag queen (not counting the ones who sing good ofc, no hate), maybe LB shouldn't make blanket statements about groups of people?

He's not backpedaling. I don't understand how saying "stop singing like a drag queen" would be demeaning to trans people in the first place? Why does this keep happening in this thread

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

GulagDolls posted:

He's not backpedaling. I don't understand how saying "stop singing like a drag queen" would be demeaning to trans people in the first place? Why does this keep happening in this thread

Let's not pretend the robot author isn't sexist, transphobic, homophobic and really stupid. That much should be apparent, there's no real denying that.

That said, it still doesn't really take away from my enjoyment of the comic, since I never really hyped up LazerB in my head to be some sort of comedic genius. He's an idiot, that's why most of us are reading this comic (I think).

Also I'm a cis white privledge male person, so that probably why I'm not as affected by casual misogyny and the like. I think it's good to talk about these issues, rather than just pretending they don't exist.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Besides, hey, "calling over some bitches" => "hey put down my dog" is a pretty earnest attempt at an actual joke.

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Go die in a fire you humourless bitch

:fut:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

The only thing worse than the people constantly calling him out for something he's made clear is not going to change are the people who play stupid and defend him.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Megaspel posted:

Let's not pretend the robot author isn't sexist, transphobic, homophobic and really stupid. That much should be apparent, there's no real denying that.

That said, it still doesn't really take away from my enjoyment of the comic, since I never really hyped up LazerB in my head to be some sort of comedic genius. He's an idiot, that's why most of us are reading this comic (I think).

Also I'm a cis white privledge male person, so that probably why I'm not as affected by casual misogyny and the like. I think it's good to talk about these issues, rather than just pretending they don't exist.

Pretty much this. Stop getting in a poo poo that people don't like LB's casual bigotry, it's really childish.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Pretty much this. Stop getting in a poo poo that people don't like LB's casual bigotry, it's really childish.

The real problem here isn't lazerbot's bigotry, it's goons trying to start a discussion on gender politics and racism in a thread about video game and animation characters getting high and fighting trolls.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Or is it Sputnik posted:

shuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuup

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Don't think you will change him either because he reacts like a literal child when people criticize him.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
There is such a thing as being able to enjoy a work and find that it's problematic, which is what you have to do with this thing (I don't know if I phrased that properly). :colbert:

I do feel this weed thing is starting to drag though, and hopefully it doesn't last more than another page until we get to see some more meanwhile with other people.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I like the dog. :3:

Jack Idyllwild
Aug 6, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah that dog is cool as hell

Pain Wizard
Mar 26, 2010
He is going to gently caress that dog to death.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
^^^:unsmigghh:

tiistai posted:

The real problem here isn't lazerbot's bigotry, it's goons trying to start a discussion on gender politics and racism in a thread about video game and animation characters getting high and fighting trolls.

And whimsical necrophilia, to say nothing of all the decidedly family-unfriendly necromancy, in general!

Porky Pig's wife and child were graphically slaughtered with the same sniper bullet. And there were zero trigger words to warn us before hand.

Rob has no loving ears... probably offensive to the deaf? THE LIST GOES ON.

Why can't we just go full monty and get a bunch of copyright lawyers to weigh in on the legal ramifications of TgT? Who gets to fire off the opening salvo of Cease & Desist letters? Would they be addressed to 'Mr. Lazy Bot'? Will this all end in The United States v. Lazy-B?

I'm not actually going anywhere with that last one, I just imagined a scenario where The United States v. Lazy-B becomes a landmark decision and all trolling becomes henceforth unconstitutional. :unsmith:

Seriously, though, if his casual terribleness is getting on your nerves I think it should be okay to vent in here. Honestly, the people who have, recently, have been civil about it.

But in the same vein, if constant lavish praise is annoying people, calling LB out on his horrible opinions to people who already agree that they are horrible, is horrible. This is not me 'getting in a poo poo about it', it's me realizing that a derail like that will probably get this thread locked down. And that is the most horrible of all. :smith:

scarycave posted:

I like the dog. :3:

:unsmith:

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, I really like the new Kanye album but here's a 1000-word dissertation on how it makes me feel when he uses the word "ho".
:goonsay:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's weird how once TGT started getting good again, the thread snapped right back to having a bunch of people shout down anyone who raises even the slightest criticism about the comic or Lazey.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
LB's characters are all ages ~10-20 in maturity. The characters wouldn't feel real without at least half of them being homophobic, misogynistic shitheads -- especially when drunk/high.

Nabokov wrote a book about a pedophile but was not himself a pedophile. LB writes about shitheads and may or may not be a shithead himself, but I still think his shithead characters are endearing.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Mathhole posted:

LB's characters are all ages ~10-20 in maturity. The characters wouldn't feel real without at least half of them being homophobic, misogynistic shitheads -- especially when drunk/high.

Nabokov wrote a book about a pedophile but was not himself a pedophile. LB writes about shitheads and may or may not be a shithead himself, but I still think his shithead characters are endearing.

Holy poo poo you loving goon. How the hell does your brain justify making this comparison.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: I don't want in this conversation.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 13, 2013

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Dorroile posted:

It's weird how once TGT started getting good again, the thread snapped right back to having a bunch of people shout down anyone who raises even the slightest criticism about the comic or Lazey.

It's weird how when the thread gets good, we try to avoid it getting bad :chillpill:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, I don't think is even worth it or correct to try to 'call' Lazerbot on his views. Th whole comic is something that he's doing cause he feels like it and we aren't paying a dime for it. What gives us the right to force our views on him?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

tiistai posted:

Why should you be the one who declares what we can and can not discuss in this thread? If you don't like these discussions, maybe you should skim past them, rather than saying no-one should talk about this thing you don't like.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I think a good reason people are so wary of discussions like that is because the last time this thread got serious, Lazerbot had a meltdown and started using the comic as a vehicle to say "Hey, gently caress you, SA" and I'm sure no one wants that to happen again.

I don't think Lazerbot reads the thread anymore though, so as long as no one goes and bugs him on Facebook about it, it probably doesn't actually matter what we talk about in here.

Critical Sass
Nov 11, 2009

...and you're worried about me gaying up the place.
That, and it's a constant coin-flip when clicking on this thread as to whether it's TGT or tumblr.txt - what is there even really to discuss other than saying "oh, that's bad that he said that".

also Micah Rat was pretty funny anyway...

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

This thread is the loving worst.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Trainmonk posted:

The only thing worse than the people constantly calling him out for something he's made clear is not going to change are the people who play stupid and defend him.

have you ever heard a drag queen sing? it's usually in a pretty in a distinct way. as in, someone with a deeper voice attempting a falsetto. it's also usually pretty bad-sounding. it's not transphobic to tell someone to stop singing like that. it's very annoying if you aren't at a drag show.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

have you ever heard a drag queen sing? it's usually in a pretty in a distinct way. as in, someone with a deeper voice attempting a falsetto. it's also usually pretty bad-sounding. it's not transphobic to tell someone to stop singing like that. it's very annoying if you aren't at a drag show.

Shut up dude.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

No thanks!

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
We are Tails. We have been trolled.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Critical Sass posted:

That, and it's a constant coin-flip when clicking on this thread as to whether it's TGT or tumblr.txt - what is there even really to discuss other than saying "oh, that's bad that he said that".

also Micah Rat was pretty funny anyway...

Never actually went ahead and watched Minach Rat, is it very TGT?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXoT5BepvJA

Let's loving DO this! :ssj:

edit: Got past the opening credits. Incurred heavy causalities. I NO LONGER HAVE ANY loving EARS.

edit2: im the only one left its so cold here eh, it's kids.

edit3: I used to record poo poo like this on a cassette recorder with my friends when I was these guys' age. In-jokes and monkey-cheese humor. This is fascinating to watch though!

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 13, 2013

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Jakse posted:

We are Tails. We have been trolled.

Tails Gets Privilege Checked

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

it's not as if this forum needs or wants a 2nd TGT thread so maybe both camps should try to co-exist

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Megaspel posted:

Why should you be the one who declares what we can and can not discuss in this thread?

Nobody, of course. Feel free to ignore it, it's just my opinion that this derail is neither productive, interesting nor amusing. In fact it's outright depressive.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Cool, 28 new posts. Must be a new pa- oh, no, just goons being goons again.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Frankston posted:

Cool, 28 new posts. Must be a new pa- oh, no, just goons being goons again.

Lazerbot updates Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

It's nice, because when you see 30 new posts on a Tuesday, you can react with "Oh great, what derail is going on now?" rather than with excitement at the prospect of a new page.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I know I said I wasn't going to do this anymore but...

I think the thread could use something right now.
-edit-
poo poo, I failed.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

scarycave posted:

Its what most adult swim shows pretend and fail to be.