Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lazerbot posted:

If the TGT cast of characters were humans which characters do you think would be black? Obviously Cheeto man, knuckles and spyro would be but who else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Eggman of course.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All of them. Every single one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ToastyPotato posted:

The Ocean dub cut off during the fight with the Ginyu force and basically never resumed (in the US). The show didn't progress until some time after Cartoon Network began airing it on Toonami and Funimation took over the dub. If you started watching DBZ on broadcast TV like I did, the wait would have been about 4-5 years. If you started watching on Toonami, it wasn't as long (probably a year, but made worse since DBZ was on 5 days a week as opposed to one.)

That said, the Namek arc is legitimately very long. I caved in high school and picked up unofficial subs on VHS, with 4 episodes per tape, and it was still several tapes from the point the dub was stalled at.
I am not surprised that it's also legitimately super long but this explains so much (and yeah it was Toonami for me, so only a year or so, but that's a long time when you're a small child!)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I remember that poo poo with DBZ. Suddenly the series starts over and what?!?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
man, imagine if Patreon had been A Thing back when this comic was posted 5 years ago. Goons would've flooded him with donations ala Doobie and it would've hosed up his life even worse than it clearly already has

seriously we are somewhat responsible for this adult man not bering able to psychologically set aside and move past his sonic webcomic. he's still chasing a high from half a decade ago where people declared him a genius and made fan art and videos praising his work. there's a tragic element to the whole thing

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

:nws: Page 26 :nws:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What the gently caress is up with Amy's lips? These two panels are borderline :nws: but I'm spoilering and inlining because they're not actually:

Does LB secretly do vore or something? He doesn't have the teeth for it but something about the lips is weird and makes me laugh, but nervously, in that uncomfortable way one has when one sees a dakimakura

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
If nothing else, Tails having three tails in Espio's delusions was a funny touch

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Again, "cumahameha" is something the old TGT would have done. It's such a contrast with the panels after Espio waking up being all angsty again.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I agree. As gross and uncomfortable as this page is, it’s at least the most classic LB we’ve seen in a while.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Page 27

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god what the gently caress is the point of all this

Lonny Donoghan
Jan 20, 2009
Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sonic is going to propose to Amy

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

we complained about endless fight scenes and lazerbot is giving us what we want

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

He has to be some alt-comedy mastermind right? Slowly trolling us all these years?

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

we complained about endless fight scenes and lazerbot is giving us what we want

Pug Rodeo posted:

He has to be some alt-comedy mastermind right? Slowly trolling us all these years?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
This comic is still going on?! Let's see what's u...

:stare:

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
:nws: Page 28 :nws:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Note that this would make no sense to a "new" reader of TGT Polished because the Amy Rape flashback stuff was revealed wayyyyy later in the original.

Then again, a new reader wouldn't have even made it to this page before stopping. There's just no appeal at all to this version.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Yeah I’m done with this. Even with the (very) occasional glimpses of the old TGT in here, it’s clear at this point that it will be drowned out in a sea of melodrama. It’s not even bad enough to be enjoyable. It’s just... boring.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Yeah, gently caress this poo poo. It was funny in how absurd it was; now it's just stupid.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It was always stupid

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I peaced out during that interminable fight and come back years later to find this. What the gently caress happened?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Let's get some TGT Greatest Hits in this thread so the last few thread pages before its demise can be good ones.

https://twitter.com/DudewitdaK/status/937195853655273472

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Does lazerbot...want to bone Amy? He keeps finding reasons to draw her naked and every time she appears it's in a gross sexual context.

Gett'n weird, man. Gett'n real weird.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't like the weird drama and furry tits

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Before, the weird furry drama was just a hilariously disonnant break from the childish smashing together of various characters.

Now Knuckles has spent whole pages agonizing while collecting a pair of loving shovels.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fhate posted:

Does lazerbot...want to bone Amy?

mm-hm

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I love all the characters eyes in the reboot just look exhausted and dead inside. Even they’re over it at this point.

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
New page

I didn't read the script, but this chapter is supposed to go on for over forty pages.
Should also be noted that the original 29th page was when the Troll Slaiyers were introduced.

Also

Lazerbot posted:

This is TGTP, if we feel like it fits? Some of the characters who have died in TGT might not die in TGTP. Though, for the most part we do want to keep the storyline intact, but this time around we just want to emphasize on what has already happened in TGT. But, you never know.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
The art gets worse as the artist becomes technically more proficient. The lazerbot paradox.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Change the name of this abomination to Lazerbot Discovers Decompression please

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

At this point this thread should really be mercy killed.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

RevolverDivider posted:

At this point this thread should really be mercy killed.

Agreed. Goldmine the thread, and let it go out with dignity.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

RobobTheGreat posted:

Agreed. Goldmine the thread, and let it go out with dignity.

Goldmine the pages covering the original strip, then split and :gas: the rest

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Lightning Lord posted:

Goldmine the pages covering the original strip, then split and :gas: the rest

Naw. The rise and fall of TGT should be preserved for future generations.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Went back through this whole thread. It's sad how the comic went from a bizarre fever dream to furry drama angst. What a waste.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
In hindsight the absolute peak of the comic was like 6 years ago now or whatever when Porky Pig's wife and son got sniped by the same bullet by an unnamed sniper from the Catholic church. The entire flashback there was some top-tier nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dragonatrix posted:

In hindsight the absolute peak of the comic was like 6 years ago now or whatever when Porky Pig's wife and son got sniped by the same bullet by an unnamed sniper from the Catholic church. The entire flashback there was some top-tier nonsense.
Absolutely. I also think that was the one of the last hurrahs before the comic devolved into endless anime fights between OCs and godawful teen drama angst. Kermit's gigantic one-panel speech to Tails about the Muppets trolling each other to death was pretty funny if you read it all out, though.