Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
That specter of Amy that Tails is seeing is probably an illusion created by Ronald McDonald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
It's like getting linked to a shock site, but IRL.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

my story is a bit different from the normal stories

lazerbot dmed this to me

Lazerbot posted:

Okay there's an announcement i want you to make. It's a goodbye message.

me and my brother had a falling out. It's personal so i don't want to give away the details but we won't be working together anymore. I can't work on TGT and I'm no longer going to be apart of Zaygar's lab. If my brother who knows the story wants to continue TGT he can but i have to do what's best for me and that's moving on and doing my own thing.

The fans are amazing, all the merch and art/fanart has been remarkable and I respect you all and appreciate all the time and work you've all put into the discord, website and comic. Thank you all for the love, support and cooperation but my motivation for this comic is gone. I wish everyone the best.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 6, 2021

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bummer. :negative:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

gently caress time to buy a coaster set so I can pour one out

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

This isn’t the first time we’ve been at “the end” since Lazey’s life is anything but stable, but if it truly is then what a wild ride.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I hope he changes his mind but I don't have too much hope. They seem to be in a dysfunctional situation in general. I guess all we can do is to wait and see

coolbob fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 27, 2021

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

TGT is like HXH in that I'll wait however long it takes for this magnum opus to get even another page

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

At least he finished that drat Coyote fight.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JazzFlight posted:

At least he finished that drat Coyote fight.

It was more than most of us were expecting

Good luck lazerbot

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Did he ever have an ending mapped out or was he just tacking stuff on?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

nexus6 posted:

Q: How many chapters are planned?
A: As of April 2021, no one knows for sure. As of Chapter 24, Lazerbot's brother, Embergram, has put it this way: "We don't have a realistic estimate, however.. There will be 4 arcs to the story, we are just finishing up arc 1."

lol

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

nexus6 posted:

They have a basic outline planned for a lot the story. How much of the story that is, we don't know.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Q: How many chapters are planned?
A: As of April 2021, no one knows for sure. As of Chapter 24, Lazerbot's brother, Embergram, has put it this way: "We don't have a realistic estimate, however.. There will be 4 arcs to the story, we are just finishing up arc 1."

lol

I believe he said the attack on Troll Fortress was the end of "Arc 1". I don't know if they actually have 4 arcs planned or if he came up with that number arbitrarily

Anyway, here's another update:

https://twitter.com/tailsgottrolled/status/1387172167284977667

I still hope Lazerbot will come back eventually though.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This is what it must have felt like when The Beatles broke up.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Was this always a joint production or was it a lazerbot solo thing that his brother's taking over? I can't keep track of the official lore, much less the actual truth.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Cockblocktopus posted:

Was this always a joint production or was it a lazerbot solo thing that his brother's taking over? I can't keep track of the official lore, much less the actual truth.

Going with the “coolbob with two hand puppets” theory, which if true is still pretty awesome

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Literally Kermit posted:

Going with the “coolbob with two hand puppets” theory, which if true is still pretty awesome

:trumppop:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Cockblocktopus posted:

As far as I know he was always the co-writer for at least for a majority of it. I asked him for details and this is what he said:

Embergram posted:

[I came up with] Half [of the story], if not more. The first few chapters i was just throwing in several suggestions. Many became iconic within the fanbase. Can't really go anymore specific than that since me and Lazerbot wrote an almost equal amount. I would consider myself the primary writer as of the last year. Lazerbot has lacked motivation for awhile and it was mostly being lifted by me convincing him to continue.

I'll explain the process on how the story is created.
The first step of the process is a conjoined brain storming session. We both verbally recap the area of interest and then bounce concepts off each other until we agree upon a direction.
The next stage is draft writing.
The stage after is the draft writing is reviewed and then converted into a script.
The last stage is that Lazerbot draws it out.
We both did draft writing but i did far more, and i did the scripting and have for a long time.
We both have an extremely thorough understanding of the project and its universe.

Most of the vision for the story has already been created and is in our minds. Won't be difficult for me to place it out in a written form, I've been doing it for years now lol

Literally Kermit posted:

The funny thing is, I didn't even want to be involved with TGT, I just wanted to see it continue to completion and see where it goes, but I ended up being the one running the website and being a liaison for Lazerbot and his brother.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 6, 2021

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I picture a "conjoined brainstorming session" as Lazerbot and Embergram floating together in some sort of spice navigator tank

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I keep parsing it as like "Casey and his brother" and that's the imagery that's stuck in my head

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Data Graham posted:

I keep parsing it as like "Casey and his brother" and that's the imagery that's stuck in my head

Does this make Coolbob Weird Al Yankovic?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

coolbob posted:

As far as I know he was always the co-writer for at least for a majority of it. I asked him for details and this is what he said:

The funny thing is, I didn't even want to be involved with TGT, I just wanted to see it continue to completion and see where it goes, but I ended up being the one running the website, promoting the comic, and being a liaison for Lazerbot and his brother.

Ask em if they want a budget VA for Kermit :jiggled:

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Literally Kermit posted:

Ask em if they want a budget VA for Kermit :jiggled:

i'm working on an animated adaptation of tgt and you can be kermit when i get to chapter 10 in 2032. as long as your stories are a bit different from the normal stories

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I both regret and applaud that the motion comic videos stop where they do - IIRC the story falls apart a bit there. Doesn't Tails spend like 17 chapters getting high at Cheeto man's place or something?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

nexus6 posted:

I both regret and applaud that the motion comic videos stop where they do - IIRC the story falls apart a bit there. Doesn't Tails spend like 17 chapters getting high at Cheeto man's place or something?
That’s partly why I stopped the album at chapter 10. The following chapters were mostly long fight scenes with much less funny dialogue to use as lyrics.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

nexus6 posted:

followed by the cheetoman villain reveal and amy's backstory, which is the definite nadir of the comic

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

nexus6 posted:

It was only 4 chapters, but due to a few months-long hiatuses between some pages it lasted for almost two years in IRL time. And I actually enjoyed the Cheeto Man villain reveal, it's just too bad that it got bogged down in the Coyote/Demaro fight for five years after that

Also, the motion comic is still being continued (though I don't know at which point they'll stop), but yeah the album ended at Chapter 10 as JazzFlight said. The end of Chapter 11 is when the Garry vs. Demaro fight began and it took up all of Chapter 12, so it made sense that it'd stop around there, since there wasn't much material to work with. What's funny is that in retrospect, that fight wasn't too bad since the pages were being released fast and it only took like a month.

coolbob fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 29, 2021

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

coolbob posted:

It was only 4 chapters, but due to a few months-long hiatuses between some pages it lasted for almost two years in IRL time. And I actually enjoyed the Cheeto Man villain reveal, it's just too bad that it got bogged down in the Coyote/Demaro fight for five years after that

The issue with the Cheeto-man villain reveal was that it made all the time Tails spent with the Defenders completely meaningless retroactively. And I mean I know this comic isn't exactly a traditional narrative but that whole thing really does feel like wasted time, so much time was spent on Tails learning about the Defenders and their backstory and their lore and training with them and then I guess it was all a front for a sex/drug cartel.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

So did Lazey or Ember come up with the Spyro pool stick scene?

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Lurdiak posted:

The issue with the Cheeto-man villain reveal was that it made all the time Tails spent with the Defenders completely meaningless retroactively. And I mean I know this comic isn't exactly a traditional narrative but that whole thing really does feel like wasted time, so much time was spent on Tails learning about the Defenders and their backstory and their lore and training with them and then I guess it was all a front for a sex/drug cartel.

pretty sure none of the defenders lore/backstory was fake besides maybe batman's

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

That's my take. They genuinely have immense supernatural powers. They just use them to run a prostitution ring.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah there seems to be a schism within the defenders. not everyone is cool with Cheeto-man, but I think he either has something on them or they think he's too strong to easily coup

the thing I like most about this story is that the characters have overlapping and sometimes conflicting motivations

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I think he either has something on them or they think he's too strong to easily coup

Both of these are true based on what Knuckles and Spyro said after the Weed Party

And yeah, it's clear that a lot of the Defenders are trying to undermine Cheeto Man behind the scenes, from the scene with Arthur and Vivian during the Weed Party talking about working with Pac-Man. Dexter is probably in on it too judging from the recent pages, and probably more

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Pug Rodeo posted:

So did Lazey or Ember come up with the Spyro pool stick scene?

Embergram posted:

Me, but we've both came up with different elements to that scene. I just came up with the pool stick aspect specifically.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Webcomics die alot, get used to it.

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

super sweet best pal posted:

Webcomics die alot, get used to it.

it's not dying apparently

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

coolbob posted:

it's not dying apparently

We just thought that was interesting!

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

Literally Kermit posted:

We just thought that was interesting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolbob
Apr 18, 2020

The website "Know Your Meme" DMed me on Twitter and asked me if they could interview Lazerbot, so I got him in contact with them and this was the result. Pretty interesting article

https://knowyourmeme.com/editorials/interviews/lazerbot-the-creator-of-tails-gets-trolled-reveals-the-history-of-the-legendary-webcomic