Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Call it what you want, we need a bound copy of this thing for coffee tables across America. If CAD has multiple hardcover volumes, TGT needs a print version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bloomington posted:

So, uh. I made a thing:

http://youtu.be/JkKyh8qFlJY

I wanted to make something to give back to the thread and I had way too much free time on my hands.

YES!

{my first post in thread}

That DICK! posted:

Before I read every new update I play the Game of Thrones intro and picture all relevant lands being shown/risen in my head(EMERALD CITY, MUSHROOM KINGDOM, BLUFFINGTON, ELWOOD CITY)

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Bloomington posted:

So, uh. I made a thing:

I wanted to make something to give back to the thread and I had way too much free time on my hands.

Holy poo poo, this is so well done! Truly the epic opening that Tails Gets Trolled deserves.

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The comic was originally collected under a category in Lazerbot's DA page called "Sonic Comic", of which Tails Gets Trolled was just the first chapter. But he renamed to Tails Gets Trolled now.

Also, interestingly, it appears he had drawn the second page of the story first (the "gently caress YOU TROLLS" page) and went back to draw the first page afterwards?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Bloomington posted:

So, uh. I made a thing:

You're doing God's work, my friend. God's work indeed.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

uwaeve posted:

That motion ripple is like the visual equivalent of the sound in the Six Million Dollar Man for me.

The motion ripple owns, I almost want an avatar just of that.

Bloomington posted:

So, uh. I made a thing:

This had me grinning the whole way through, and it's been a hard week. Thanks.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
New page:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Seriously thought Mario was about to fall into a giant hole in the ground.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mario is going to get decapitated by that ball of Luigi fire.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
This is more intense/tragic than Vegeta vs. Freeza

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've gone past liking it ironically, I now genuinely want to see what happens next.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
He's gonna cheese the gently caress out of it with the cape spin attack, I hope

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Mario needs the hammer suit or the metal cap, troll king's fire can't possibly defeat either of those.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dr.Smasher posted:

He's gonna cheese the gently caress out of it with the cape spin attack, I hope

It's too late. Can't you see? Mario hasn't even see it yet, even if he can react in less than a millisecond

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frankston posted:

I've gone past liking it ironically, I now genuinely want to see what happens next.

This was me when motherfucking Doug showed up

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

simplefish posted:

It's too late. Can't you see? Mario hasn't even see it yet, even if he can react in less than a millisecond
If lazerbot is mimicking comics/manga, the next immediate panel will be a big detailed splash page with Mario getting killed by the fireball.

I wouldn't particularly like that outcome (I think Mario has at least a little bit of story left in him), but it would fit the style of most comic fights.

Edit: of course, the next panel could also be a splash page of someone coming to the rescue and blocking or reflecting the fireball.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

JazzFlight posted:

If lazerbot is mimicking comics/manga, the next immediate panel will be a big detailed splash page with Mario getting killed by the fireball.

I wouldn't particularly like that outcome (I think Mario has at least a little bit of story left in him), but it would fit the style of most comic fights.

Edit: of course, the next panel could also be a splash page of someone coming to the rescue and blocking or reflecting the fireball.

Actually it's equally likely to just be a big explosion, then when the smoke clears, Mario's wearing a new suit and is totally unharmed.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Actually it's equally likely to just be a big explosion, then when the smoke clears, Mario's wearing a new suit and is totally unharmed.

This is my prediction.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

This moment forever preserved in time.

odd2k
Jul 18, 2006
I DIDN'T CONTRIBUTE ANYTHING BUT A SHITTY POST SO I GOT THIS SHITTY CUSTOM TITLE!
Gotta get up fast!

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
the good
thing about
this new
arm of
mine. is
that i can
do this

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Trans-Angeles posted:

the good
thing about
this new
arm of
mine. is
that i can
do this

Best avatar thus far, and there have been some excellent ones in this thread.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

odd2k posted:

Gotta get up fast!

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Stottie Kyek posted:

it's remarkable how well you capture the spirit and style of the original. Only thing is that the eyes aren't unsettling enough, but that's hardly a complaint

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Trans-Angeles posted:

This moment forever preserved in time.

Taking this.

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

the good
thing about
this new
arm of
mine. is
that i can
do this

And combining it with this.

EDIT: I guess not, funds are too low to splurge. :negative:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's a pity he didn't draw the reflection of the approaching fist in Mario's eyes. Great page nonetheless. I hope Lazerbot isn't losing steam, been a while since the last page before that one. :ohdear:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Foxhound posted:

It's a pity he didn't draw the reflection of the approaching fist in Mario's eyes. Great page nonetheless. I hope Lazerbot isn't losing steam, been a while since the last page before that one. :ohdear:

He's probably back in school after being off for spring break, is all.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

E: No Text Version

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bloomington posted:

So, uh. I made a thing:

Haha goddamn this is fantastic

pschoy
Mar 2, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Reaction times have like no baring in some manga/anime. Bullets/fists will be literally millimeters away from someone in one panel only to be dodged, deflected, ducked after lengthy flashbacks and long self reflections. At least this is what pissed me off in Battle Royale.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Mario is going to get decapitated by that ball of Luigi fire.

Don't think so. Yoshi for the save?

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Bellmaker posted:

Don't think so. Yoshi for the save?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRjP18vxC-c

I'm so sorry.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
How the hell can this comic keep up this amount of dramatic tension.

HOW?

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.

PalmTreeFun posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRjP18vxC-c

I'm so sorry.

All I ask of Lazerbot is that that loving caveman brat from the SMW cartoon never shows up.

Now, if Milli Vanilli want to jump in and repay Mario for saving them, I can live with that. They got trolled a lot too :smith:

stegoceras
Oct 21, 2011

Numb's no good, but it sure beats the hurt
I just marathoned this thread instead of studying, and now 'Tails Gets Trolled' is stuck in my head and I can't concentrate at all because I want to know what happens next. Dammit.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

stegoceras posted:

I just marathoned this thread instead of studying, and now 'Tails Gets Trolled' is stuck in my head and I can't concentrate at all because I want to know what happens next. Dammit.

It's holding me over while waiting for Breaking Bad season 5. I'm serious.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I can't form the words to describe this comic to my friends. It's transcendent.

Bonsai Superstar
Jul 22, 2007

HABU A NAISU DEI.
It is hard to explain to people without sounding like an idiot. I did get one coworker to give me the benefit of the doubt and check it out, which is impressive since he's still pissed at me drunkenly introducing him to Sonichu a while back.

God I hope he doesn't think I'm a closet furry :ohdear:

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
It's okay. You're secret is safe with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bonsai Superstar posted:

It is hard to explain to people without sounding like an idiot. I did get one coworker to give me the benefit of the doubt and check it out, which is impressive since he's still pissed at me drunkenly introducing him to Sonichu a while back.

God I hope he doesn't think I'm a closet furry :ohdear:

Don't be a troll to your friends. He might use villains.