Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

POINDEXTRE posted:

Is this "Word of Death" thing a misguided protest against political correctness or am I reading too much into it :confused:
I don't think so.

I'm skeptical of the intent considering some of the other stuff, but at minimum I don't see a problem with the concept of depicting the Big Bad Guy using words that are used to suppress/hurt minorities as actually literally hurting people since part of the problem with them is that they think they are no big deal to say to the affected minorities. It could be a very clever metaphor for social justice in the context of some pieces, though here it seems like it was probably serendipitous. If the words were used against the minorities they are supposed to hurt I'd say it was a clever highlight about the hurt those can cause minorities.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

change my name posted:

Hey, you don't know what's hidden behind those asterisks :colbert:
I wasn't saying anything bad about the comic by that you know. :colbert: It was actually a minor compliment because I kind of like the concept, regardless if it was intended or not or how perfectly it was executed.

I have lots of other better things I could go after criticizing this comic for if I really wanted to spend the time, but it's self-aware so sometimes I'm not sure if it is just being ineffective in parts, oopsing from blindness or actually trying to promote bad things which makes it a little too complicated for me to try to put in the effort for this thread. At least for now.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 23, 2012

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

FPzero posted:

Hitmen for Destiny was pretty great and was even linked earlier in this thread.

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php
This was amazing.